+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Trackday Thu 9 May Castle Combe - 3 Spaces Available

Started by Grin-a-lot, 23, April, 2013, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grin-a-lot

My work has booked Castle Combe for a private trackday on Thu 9 May 13 and there are 3 guest spaces available.  I've told them what a fine bunch we are and they're happy for me to try and fill the spaces.  The cost will be £135 and i'm not sure what the structure of the day will be but its for both cars and bikes (not mixed sessions).

If anyone is interested then please let me know and i'll add you to the list and send the forms.  There should be quite a wide range of cars there and given its organised by the Civil Service Motoring Association I expect it to be very well controlled and apparently tuition is available.

http://www.csmaclub.co.uk/getinvolved/sigs/club-group-event-view.php?event_id=1966

If you're interested then please let me know!

Moleman

Hi mate. Is there anyway you can find out what the structure is? & how many seasons you get & cars on track? Thanks.  :)

Grin-a-lot

No worries, I'll do some investigating and report back.

Grin-a-lot

Righty-ho - The day will be 15min sessions for cars and bikes (separate) and then potentially Open Pit Lane in the afternoon until end at 5pm (depending on how we all behave).  The organiser tells me (from a reliable source) that its the best value for money trackday that is offered at 'Combe.

robp

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 24, April, 2013, 05:18:20 PM
Righty-ho - The day will be 15min sessions for cars and bikes (separate) and then potentially Open Pit Lane in the afternoon until end at 5pm (depending on how we all behave).  The organiser tells me (from a reliable source) that its the best value for money trackday that is offered at 'Combe.

Mmm, quite interested.  I imagine it will be one 15 minute session per hour for each group. Only guessing though.

Not sure how open pit lane will work with motor bicycles getting in the way ::)

Grin-a-lot

I was quite surprised when he said possible OPL in the afternoon.

I figured that sessions suits me since me and my car are knackered after 15mins anyway so back to the paddock for fettling/sleeping etc.

I'm really looking forward to it - not sure what sort of stuff he gets at these events but its all civil servants and military so everything from Nissan micras and up I reckon!

Moleman

That does seem strange for the afternoon? They normally put a extra chicane by the pit lane for bikes?
Sorry to be a pain, did they tell you how many seasons & cars on track mate?  :)

Grin-a-lot

This is the best I could get out of him:

CSMA - Civil Service Motoring Association .
Castle Combe 9/5/13 a Thursday ( to save you looking it up )
Open to members and their friends .

For 30 cars and 30 bikes but the ratio is flexible depending on applications .
Track time is 15 minute sessions but this often becomes open pit lane in the afternoon when numbers drop off.

A more gentle track day than some (only 10/12 cars on track at a time ) but just as fast if not faster.
Cars and bikes not on track at the same time !
Free instructors available , they are very good.

Moleman

I'm interested but need to check with work. I will let you know by saturday mate.  :)

Grin-a-lot

No worries, I doubt he'll be back in work til Monday anyway.

Moleman

I've just checked my diary now my phone is charged & realized I've got Llandow on the 18th (omex/ckc) so I can't even though I would love too, do two so close together.  :(
Sorry to mess you around.
On the plus side you can still borrow my go-pro :) I will just need it back the following week. Have you got a SD card or will you need to borrow mine?

Grin-a-lot

No worries, into harm done!  GoPro would be great thanks, I think I've got some SD cards in my camera that I can use (think its 4 or 8Gb).  I'd be able to return it the weekend after my track day (11th?) so you'll have it in good time for Llandow.