News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Pembrey trackday

Started by Lucky Ed, 28, April, 2013, 10:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

Had a cracking day at Pembrey yesterday, the track was very wet on arrival but had dried  by 10 once all the briefing and parade laps were done. The track stayed dry except for a shower of hail around three, so it was slicks all day. It was also only about 60% full so there was on queuing at all :D

The over winter mods all worked a treat, the Wilwood brake upgrade made a massive difference to the point where I was worried about the tin tops running into the back of me, as happened to a poor Caterham owner as he had the right rear of his car wiped out by an Astra driver that ran out of talent. The new rose jointed wishbones made the biggest difference though, now fully set up by Dave Gallop at Track Developments, it has transformed the car making it stable and predictable - no more buttock clenching moments in left handers now!

All in all a great day with no mishaps or breakdowns, didn't even lift the bonnet off, and covered 190 miles on track which is about 130 laps, so I'm getting to know this place pretty well now and was a great place to shakedown the car after the mods. Hope to return in September if anybody wants to tag along. 8) 8) 8)

fullpint

All-in-all sounds like you had a great day.. And those winter up-grades made a result..

robp

Glad you had a good time, Ed.  I remember I had fun at this event last year.  I hear Roger went along too.  Forecast put me off but it sounds as though the weather was OK for you.  :D