+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

A great day at the Curborough Sprint 05.13

Started by 'The Gaffer', 09, May, 2013, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Well what can I say, what an enjoyable day. I arrived at Curborough at 9am for the briefing after spending the night before in a local B&B. This is the third time I have done this event which was organised by Andrew of the Cotswold WSCC. The weather was fantastic combined with great company from owners of a variety or cars - This year I was pleased not to be the only BMW as I was joined by a very nice Z3M, we also had in attendance a Marcos and a TVR plus the usual throng of 7 inspired kits.

This was a private hire day limited to 15 cars, so without track staff we all had to chip in with start-line duties and marsheling on a voluntary rota, this worked very well and the day ran very smoothly.

The idea of the event is to drive around the circuit as fast as possible, there's only one car allowed on the track at any one time so no nothing to slow you down apart from your nerve. The first part of the day we did just one lap, then in the afternoon two laps.

As it was a private day there was no official timing allowed but as the day went on drivers were pushing harder, obvious with a spin here and there. That said it is not really a competitive event with drivers of all abilities having a go and I'm pleased to say the road cars were not left for dust by the sevens and I think we put up a pretty good show :)

Cars beginning to arrive in the morning

The customary walk around the track led by sprint expert Stuart

The start / finnish straight

Waiting in line for another go

I can thoroughly recommend this event but anyone wishing to do it next year had better get their names down fast!!!

robp

Sounds like you had a fun day.  Nice weather for it too, Phil.

Did you use the whole track or just the oval part of the circuit?  I hired the place a few years ago and was told I couldn't use the lower section.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: robp on 09, May, 2013, 11:41:59 AM
Sounds like you had a fun day.  Nice weather for it too, Phil.

Did you use the whole track or just the oval part of the circuit?  I hired the place a few years ago and was told I couldn't use the lower section.

We used the whole circuit, the last pic shows the start-line leading up to the oval.

It has been hot and sunny on the last 3 previous events there. Must be lucky I guess.