+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Donington track day

Started by Lucky Ed, 15, June, 2013, 11:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

Had a great day at Donington last Monday despite getting up at 4am to meet Dave Bence at 7.30 who had more sense and had stayed in a local hotel. The weather was cloudy but stayed dry all day and evn though the day was nearly fully booked, there was never a queue at the end of the pit lane.

We had a nice surprise when David H and two mates turned up in the garage next door which ensured plenty of banter for the the day, bringing with them Daves M3, a Noble and a Radical which put us to shame somewhat!

My car is getting sorted geo wise and was keeping up with Dave B over a lap, even though he was quicker down the straights I was catching him in the twisty stuff, and the wilwood upgrade given me loads of confidence to brake late.

In the afternoon I developed a cooling problem, as water was being blown out of the top of the expansion tank even though the engine wasn't running hot. Dave H said his old Westie had a bypass pipe fitted to cure the problem, so Aliwizard is currently modifying some pipework for me in the hope of curing the problem before Llandow.

I decided to help out with the grass cutting duties later in the day, when I came up behind a slower car, lost concentration carried to much brake into Redgate and got the car totally sideways. I managed to avoid spinning at the expense of leaping over the kerb, but gathered it all up to head off to frighten myself yet again down Craner Curves.

This place is awesome and comes highly recommended if you haven't been there yet, and it was worth paying the extra for a quality day giving us unlimited track time, no queues and plenty of really quick stuff to gawp at. A great day out and thanks for all the advice I got in trying to solve my cooling problem - especially Dave H for giving my engine bay a good wash down when he took of the radiator cap while it was still hot - that woke him up ;D

Here's looking forward to Llandow 8)

Obviously the two Radicals have just let me through ;D

Not quite the right line through Redgate :o

Lived to fight another day

Craner Curves - butt clenching every time!

Moleman

Glad it went well for you mate. I'm definitely booking a day there.  ;D

Krazyken

Lucky

Glad you had a great time and only a minor mechanical mishap this time.  Sponsorship from Mountfield is on its way. :o :P ;)

'The Gaffer'

Nice pics Ed, pleased you had a good time. Nearly made it there myself but ill health got the better of me this time :(

robp

Great write up, Ed, and some nice photos.

See you at Llandow.

Also, make sure you let me know if you're going to Oulton again this year.