News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Pembrey trackday

Started by Lucky Ed, 22, August, 2013, 09:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

I'm thinking of booking up for MSE's trackday at Pembrey on Sat 21st Sept.

Anybody else fancy it? ;D

'The Gaffer'

Wouldn't mind a half day if available.

Moleman

I may be up for this. got some catching up to do.  :)
But can't commit just yet though.  ::)

SPAXIMUS

I am booked on this with two mates, one Elise, one Boxster and my Westfield. There are still places left

Lucky Ed

I've now booked for this event. It will probably be the first outing for the new engine, so I will have to take it easy for a few laps - or until the Red Mist comes down :o ;D

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 22, August, 2013, 10:16:08 PM
Wouldn't mind a half day if available.
I think half days should be available, as I know Krazyken and RobP have done them in the past, but you'd need to give them a call as it doesn't appear on their website

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 25, August, 2013, 04:10:05 PM
I think half days should be available, as I know Krazyken and RobP have done them in the past, but you'd need to give them a call as it doesn't appear on their website

Yes, the last one I did was a half day. Had to book on the day though so a bit risky. Did enjoy it though.

Lucky Ed

I'm looking forward to Pembrey this Saturday, especially as the forcast is looking ok - we got a little damp at
Combe last Friday so it will be good to get the slicks on and give the new engine a real test.

Anybody else fancy coming along - it's a bit of a trek but it's a great little circuit and well worth the effort ;D

'The Gaffer'

Work and mot pass dependent I will be takesng a drive across at lunchtime for half a day. Ed, can you make some enquiries during the morning and give me a call if there are any spaces for the afternoon?

Lucky Ed

Will do Phil, I'll ask when I sign in and I'll let you know

PM me your number to make sure I've got the right one

Moleman

I have to work this sat which is a shame i would like to do Pembry.  :(

robp

Quote from: Moleman on 17, September, 2013, 07:45:58 PM
I have to work this sat which is a shame i would like to do Pembry.  :(

I'm busy too otherwise I'd be going too. Really enjoyed this event last year.

SPAXIMUS

I went and it was a great day. The first half was wet misty and slippy. First track day I have been on where you had to run with lights on. After lunch it dried nicely and great fun was had by all.
One unfortunate guy had an off into the barrier taking the nearside away in a kit car but he was fine. Lots of kits there MEV sonic, Riot Strikers. Westfield and a Jet Stream. This was a Cornwall kitcar that got ideas above it's station with a price of £35k when first developed, but it failed and I think this is the only one.
Star car of the day, came out of the massive covered trailer as it dried, an immaculate MK1 Lotus Cortina which races in a historic championship. The car was fast and the driver, who was not young, was pedalling it equally fast. He put many to shame with more power.

A good day

'The Gaffer'

Nice write-up. Glad things dried out. I had a really good time at this track last time, gutted I couldn't do it this time.