Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

HULLAVINGTON 29th. NOV.

Started by Gemini, 13, November, 2013, 10:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemini

Hi,
Anybody going to this??
I'll be there with some friends in a couple of MX-5's and my Westfield...

Moleman

I'm looking to do a trackday at the end of the month. I haven't done this one so I will check it out.
Have you done this one before? If so what do you think of it?  :)

Lucky Ed

I did this one last month, and even though it was really wet I still had a great day. It's not Donington or Oulton but that is reflected in the price, and it's just up the road. MSE have the added attraction of their car control area, which is were you can just go and hoon about if you like ;D

I might do this one if the weather isn't too bad - failing that Abingdon is coming up in a couple of weeks so I might try that as I haven't been there yet, and I've heard some good reports about it 8)

'The Gaffer'

I've never done Hullavington so might consider it. Just reminded me of my last time at Abingdon, had a great morning there, it was pretty fast but the rain was so intense in the afternoon MSE closed the track, apparently the first time in history they have ever had to do that. Wouldn't mind doing it again though.

A few pics of that rainy day...

The morning was sunny.

Clouds rolling in at midday.

Closely followed by the rain.

Now that's what I call wet!!!

It was the 7 crowd I felt sorry for - they got absolutely soaked.

Red flag up, thats when I called it a day.

Hope it's not like that again!!

Lucky Ed

I've now booked for this one - it's cheap and cheerful and the weather looks like it's going to be OK ;D

Any other takers ???

Moleman

Looks like I may be going. Got to check with work on monday then I'm booking it that morning.
Got to check out them new horses.  :P 8)

Moleman

I'm not going to be able to go so have a good day guys.  :)

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Moleman on 25, November, 2013, 07:32:46 PM
I'm not going to be able to go so have a good day guys.  :)
Shame you can't make this one Colin. Dave Doom and I are thinking about either Abingdon next Friday
or Combe on the Sat, but are going to wait on the weather forecast before making a decision.
The long range one I looked at says snow showers for the Sat, which could make Combe interesting :o ;D

Moleman

Ok cool. If the weather is ok then I'm game.  :)

Moleman

Not sure what the weather will be yet but I won't be making it this weekend coming guys. The car is running fine but I have a few gremlins that need to be sorted which I need to find out before putting it on the track.  :-[
But I will be back!  8)

'The Gaffer'

Lucky Ed

Hullavington was great last Friday even though it was very cold. The briefing seemed to take an age and with some oil on the track that had to be cleared up, we didn't get to open pit lane until 10.30. The day was nearly full but there wasn't any queuing even after a short lunch break, so there was still loads of time on track. The weather stayed dry so I was able to run slicks all day, but it took a good 3-4 laps to get any heat into them, and with the light fading the red flags came out by 4, by which time everybody had more than enough of the cold weather. All in all a great day and good to meet some new people as well as to hook up with some regulars.

Myself and Dave Doom have decided to brave the Arctic Blast this Friday and are off to Abingdon - anybody else stupid enough to come along? :o ;D

'The Gaffer'

If I didnt have a days work booked I would have come :(