Started by mr tone, 04, February, 2014, 02:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

mr tone

CKC/OMEX trackday 17th May 2014 - Venue Llandow Circuit, Wales
Noise limit: 105dB
Price: £95 (CKC Subs Club members £75)
With the support of Omex Technology, CKC is delighted to be able
to offer another CKC/Omex Track Day in 2014.
The CKC/Omex Track Day is limited to kit cars only, unless by prior arrangement with the organisers. We have a maximum of 40 places available, which guarantees lots of track time.
Llandow is a great circuit which we've always enjoyed. In 2014 it has just had part of the track resurfaced on the approach to the Bus stop complex, to improve the surface and get rid of some unwanted undulations. This should improve the approach to this area of the track.

Our day at Llandow is geared at any kit car driver, whether novice or experienced. The morning is run in sessions, with groups selected according to experience. This means all the beginners will run together, all the experienced run together, etc, etc. It means you can learn the circuit without fear of far more experienced drivers pushing to get by. After lunch, the event turns to open pitlane, where anyone can be on track, with a limit of 10 cars at any one time. Llandow circuit runs the day with its own marshalls.

Facilities: Llandow has good facilities, with a meeting room, toilets and cafe on site offering hot food.

For the first time, we would encourage you to book and pay for your place here. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis, and places are strictly limited. If you have any questions then please contact Ian Stent on 01823 617908 or ian@performancepublishing.co.uk

Driver (standard) £95

Driver (CKC Subs Club member) £75

Second driver £20

Hi just to say booked and paid. Great event Tony

Edit. Added details to first post

Moleman

I've been waiting for Ian to email me when they had a date for this one. I will put all the details up tomorrow for this one.  :o ;D

The is a good friendly trackday & worth doing. I have done this one for the last 2 years & have injoyed every minute of it. It is a good track to learn on with 2 nice little straights & some chalenging cornering.  :D

It will be the perfect tractday after Abingdon in april.  :D

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Moleman on 04, February, 2014, 07:07:45 PM
I've been waiting for Ian to email me when they had a date for this one. I will put all the details up tomorrow for this one.  :o ;D

The is a good friendly trackday & worth doing. I have done this one for the last 2 years & have injoyed every minute of it. It is a good track to learn on with 2 nice little straights & some chalenging cornering.  :D

It will be the perfect tractday after Abingdon in april.  :D

Colin - I see MSE have now posted their dates for Abingdon - there's one on the 4th of April 8)

Moleman

Thanks Ed. Natasha was supposed to let me know when they came out. I will ring her tomorrow as well as Ian for this one.  ;D

Quote from: mr tone on 04, February, 2014, 02:50:41 PM
Hi just to say booked and paid. Great event Tony

Tony do you fancy doing Abingdon in April as well?  :D

mr tone

Yes please i was just waiting for the date Tony

Moleman

Quote from: mr tone on 04, February, 2014, 10:24:46 PM
Yes please i was just waiting for the date Tony

Cool we have a date now.  :)

Moleman

This is the details. It's a very good day one quite a few of us go too every year.  8)

CKC/OMEX trackday 17th May 2014
Venue: Llandow Circuit, Wales
Noise limit: 105dB
Price: £95 (CKC Subs Club members £75)
With the support of Omex Technology, CKC is delighted to be able
to offer another CKC/Omex Track Day in 2014.
The CKC/Omex Track Day is limited to kit cars only, unless by prior arrangement with the organisers. We have a maximum of 40 places available, which guarantees lots of track time.
Llandow is a great circuit which we've always enjoyed. In 2014 it has just had part of the track resurfaced on the approach to the Bus stop complex, to improve the surface and get rid of some unwanted undulations. This should improve the approach to this area of the track.

Our day at Llandow is geared at any kit car driver, whether novice or experienced. The morning is run in sessions, with groups selected according to experience. This means all the beginners will run together, all the experienced run together, etc, etc. It means you can learn the circuit without fear of far more experienced drivers pushing to get by. After lunch, the event turns to open pitlane, where anyone can be on track, with a limit of 10 cars at any one time. Llandow circuit runs the day with its own marshalls.

Facilities: Llandow has good facilities, with a meeting room, toilets and cafe on site offering hot food.

For the first time, we would encourage you to book and pay for your place here. Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis, and places are strictly limited. If you have any questions then please contact Ian Stent on 01823 617908 or ian@performancepublishing.co.uk

Driver (standard) £95

Driver (CKC Subs Club member) £75

Second driver £20

So to book you can call Ian Stent on the number above or go on line http://www.completekitcar.co.uk/ckcomex.html  & book it here.  :)

Don't delay it get booked up fast!

Please let me know if you have booked Thanks.  :)

going so far =  1, Mr tone
                      2, Moleman

Moleman

ENYONE ELSE UP FOR THIS? IT GETS BOOKED FAST SO DON'T DELAY? :)

wacky

I've done Llandow in both a Westfield and on a motorbike, it is a nice little track, just up the road from Llantwit Major.

Here's a great video of Chris Harris spanking a car on the circuits.

Moleman

Anyone else thinks of doing this one? Only two of us so far. ::) :D

steve c

Moleman

Going from our club so far = 1, Mr tone
                                      2, Moleman
                                      3, Steve c

Anyone else?

dave_bence

Sorry, I enjoy doing this event, but I'll be away this year on that day :(

Moleman

Lucky Ed

Soz, won't be able to make this one - May is a really busy month for me at work :(

Moleman

Dam. First Dave now you Ed?  :(  That's my 2 track day regulars.  :(  Maybe next time then?  ;D

Any more for this then? :)

CC Cyclone

Stick me on the list. Booked today with Ian.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Moleman

Going from our club so far =
                                      1, Mr tone
                                      2, Moleman
                                      3, Steve c
                                      4, CC Cyclone
  Anyone else up for this then?

Moleman

Just wondering if seeing the footage on Abingdon that this may inspire some more of you guys to want to enter this one now?  ;D

Moleman

There is still a few spaces left for this. Anybody up for it?

Moleman

Is it just the 4 of us for this then? :)

Iancider

Oh go on then,

Put down Iancider and Crash Test Dummy then.  That took the numbers up by 50%!

Moleman

Nice one Ian. Don't forget you have to book it with Ian Stent.  8)

jeffw

I'm doing this as well in the Phoenix which is now running 397BHP.

Come and say Hi and if you fancy a go round the track as a passenger please ask...

Bulldog Bri

Sounds a quick car. Personally I don't know the Phoenix car. How about a pic or 2 please ::)

8)

jeffw

Couple of videos

Dyno run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXN1vPWLs04&list=UUyjCHSGwXhVEXz3hsQuAlAw

Goodwood sprint in April
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXH17oSxbxE&list=UUyjCHSGwXhVEXz3hsQuAlAw

I'm based in Kent but have done a few CKC days at Llandow and I know you guys are regulars so I thought I'd post up on here.

Moleman

Hi. I remember your car. You were 2 cars away from me last year. Mine will be the yellow westy next to a yellow van with a hornet on the back of both of them. I will see you there.  8)

jeffw

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Moleman on 01, May, 2014, 09:11:46 AM
Hi. I remember your car. You were 2 cars away from me last year. Mine will be the yellow westy next to a yellow van with a hornet on the back of both of them. I will see you there.  8)

Play nicely boys ;) :P

8)

Moleman

In the pit lane Bri. Not the track.  :)

jeffw

chris61

Unfortunately even with the persuasion on Saturday, I forgot my other half is working and my 3yr old is a bit small to passenger

Moleman

You can stick a play pen in my Van mate?  ;D

There is still a few spaces left if anyone is up for it? 8)

chris61

Quote from: Moleman on 11, May, 2014, 08:07:18 PM
You can stick a play pen in my Van mate?  ;D

There is still a few spaces left if anyone is up for it? 8)

Well I did say to the missus that I'd see if there was an age restriction on passengers but the look I got gave me the answer on her views on that! :D

Moleman

Moleman

I know it is about an hour from Bristol but if anyone would like to pop over to Llandow this Saturday to see what trackdays are all about then feel free to come & have a look as it's free to watch. :D

I will also be happy to give you a ride around the circuit if your up for it? 8)

CC Cyclone

Right, I'm planning on driving the cyclone to the circuit simply because I can't be bothered with the hassle of hiring a trailer. I appreciate this may be a high-risk strategy as things can go wrong but I intend on taking it easy as I haven't been on track for some years and and i would like to try and keep it in one piece.

My question is that Katherine is planning on coming, and without a support vehicle we won't have anywhere to keep belongings / sandwiches / car roof, coats /  etc when on track. Is there anywhere at the circuit we can dump things or is it just an airfield and strip of tarmac for the pits?

Moleman

There is a building next to the circuit you can shelter in but for the roof you would be able to leave it next to the fence where we park. I have a Tarpaulin you can use to cover it. You can put any stuff you need in a safe place in my van if you like. It acts as a support van to a some of B.K.C.C. members in the pass. I also have plenty of tools,jacks & working platform if you need it.  ;D

CC Cyclone

Quote from: Moleman on 13, May, 2014, 07:19:38 PM
There is a building next to the circuit you can shelter in but for the roof you would be able to leave it next to the fence where we park. I have a Tarpaulin you can use to cover it. You can put any stuff you need in a safe place in my van if you like. It acts as a support van to a some of B.K.C.C. members in the pass. I also have plenty of tools,jacks & working platform if you need it.  ;D

Thanks the info Moleman, hopefully I won't need a loan of the tools, but good to know! See you there.

Moleman

Well i'm all ready for tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be a good day weather wise.  8) The offer still stands if anyone would like a ride around the circuit.  ;D

I've even had a shave to save weight & make the car lighter. I didn't have time to do the full wax thing.  :-[