Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CKC/OMEX trackday 17th May 2014

Started by mr tone, 04, February, 2014, 02:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Iancider

Utterly impressive perfectly honed machine going flat out and then you passed him - wow.  8) 8)  I was on full throttle looking like a traffic jam! :(

jeffw

The Striker is owned by one of the guys at RAW.  It is an R1 engined car and he drives it very well.

As for Protech it is what is on the Phoenix.

jeffw

Quote from: Iancider on 21, May, 2014, 04:41:14 PM
Utterly impressive perfectly honed machine going flat out and then you passed him - wow.  8) 8)  I was on full throttle looking like a traffic jam! :(

Ian...a little bit more corner speed would get you down the straights a lot faster.  Next time I'm at one of these events give me a shout and we'll go out in the Phoenix and then I'll pax with you and maybe give you some pointers if you like.

paul

A few photos of the MEV Rocket from Ian Stent @ Complete Kit Car Magazine and edited by me;

A few more along with the rest of the MEV's are in a gallery on my site http://photos.itpic.co.uk/p655428468

And my R888's at the end of the day;

Regards,
Paul

garry h

Great videos guys looks like good fun was had by all,nice evasive action to  :)

Moleman

Ian. That was a lucky escape you had there as well mate.  :o :)
CC Cyclone. I think Protech are what I got & I think Dave Gallop told me once that they are the one's to have.  :)
Jeffw I have said it once already but that is some serious ecceleration you got there. That striker was awesome & you still left it standing.  :)

Moleman

Paul. You should see what my slicks look like.  ::)  ;)

Here's one where I didn't have any problems. I think I passed the Postman pat van every other lap.  ;D Just goes to show that you don't have to be in a fast car & not enjoy it.  8)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh2Fvx9rLuE

Lucky Ed

I'm more and more gutted with every post I read about last weekend, it looks like you all had a real blast, I just can't make weekends in May due to business commitments, but at least it'll help pay for ant track days later in the year ;D

It would have been nice to be on track with you fast guys to see how successful my winter upgrades have been. I wouldn't have been as quick but it would have been fun trying to keep up :o

I'm still hoping to get to Oulton, Brands and Donington during the summer, is anybody else interested? Donny can be done in the day but the others will need an overnight stay.

Moleman

I'm up for though's Ed but probably won't be able to fit all of them in this year.  :)

jeffw

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 21, May, 2014, 09:21:04 PM
I'm more and more gutted with every post I read about last weekend, it looks like you all had a real blast, I just can't make weekends in May due to business commitments, but at least it'll help pay for ant track days later in the year ;D

It would have been nice to be on track with you fast guys to see how successful my winter upgrades have been. I wouldn't have been as quick but it would have been fun trying to keep up :o

I'm still hoping to get to Oulton, Brands and Donington during the summer, is anybody else interested? Donny can be done in the day but the others will need an overnight stay.
Kit Fest at Castle Coombe in July?  I'm likely to be there on the RAW stand (I have a sprint there at the end of July so need the practise !).

Lucky Ed

Soz can't make Kitfest as I'm on a biking trip to the Alps then - tough life isn't it ;D

stevel

I am also gutted I did not make my annual trip to Llandow but have got to take it bit easy for now.  I would have been very interested to see Jeffs car against the Asbo as that is without doubt the fastest thing I have been in so far.

jeffw

The Asbo's are a great piece of design.  They are very light (and running on slicks) so are ideally suited to Llandow.   I think I was maybe 1 or 2 secs a lap faster but there wasn't a lot in it.

paul

Jeff what's the logging showing with ~400 bhp then?
With ~330 bhp I believe you were 45.92 seconds and 116 mph top.
In comparison with ~200 bhp I'm at 49.04 and 99 mph top...

Regards,
Paul

jeffw

Hi Paul

Fastest lap was a 44.13 and top speed was 123MPH (not on the same lap) Theoretical best lap (fastests sectors) was 43.6

Moleman

I averaged in the high 46's per lap with my best being 46.4 with a top speed of 101.53 mph. Not as fast as you Jeff but not bad for a road going westy with a windscreen.  8)

jeffw

Mine is road-going, no windscreen though.  The lap record is held by a 4lt Judd engined Gould sprint car at 37sec, a good lap with an Aero car is 40-41 so non-aero at 44 is not too bad.

paul

Sorry, bit slow in replying..
I've also got Protech single adjustment on the Rocket and no complaints if that's any further recommendation!

Data is interesting Jeff, the supercharger is dragging another 25mph out which obviously makes a difference...
Wouldn't mind having a nosy at a run file or 2 if you be so kind?

Off topic;
Glad you got your gearbox sorted in time for the b/h weekend judging by the photo from Palace by RobertKBaggs;

I think I might start a topic about upgrades  ;D

Iancider

Here is some newly discovered recent footage from Llandow - first up with the yellow Asbo that was so impressive on the day and a good joust with Jeff W.  It is worth skipping the first couple of minutes of the warm-up laps.

And about 2.5 minutes into this one - some intersting late braking by the striker!

This one shows me, Crash Test Dummy and cyclone and watch out for two great misjudgements by the light blue striker!

Moleman

That light blue was all over the place.  ::)  He needs to see Dave Gallop.  8)