+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Devizes and District motor club autosolo

Started by satchellm, 22, February, 2014, 09:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

satchellm

Hi guys Im a member of Devizes and District motor club and were putting on a charity autosolo at Kembel airfield on sunday March 30th 2014. I will try to attach the regs and the entry form. Its a really good day of cheap motorsport, get your cars out and dust them off ready for the year ahead, come along and have a go, you'll really enjoy it!

Regs; https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_DvmooEKl58YXNIQjVBNGo1emc/edit?pli=1
Entry form; https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_DvmooEKl58RzdZUndlTWhtODg/edit?pli=1

Daley Down Under

Say hi to Glenn Cox and Dave Bardwell

Cheers Adrian

satchellm

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 22, February, 2014, 11:44:01 AM
Say hi to Glenn Cox and Dave Bardwell

Cheers Adrian

I certainly will, it was Glenn that sorted me out my Dutton from his stock!  :D

bluehornetrider

Moleman

Can you tell me a bit more about the event please? I think I know what auto solo is but I could be wrong? but if it is what I think it is then I may have a go.  ??? :)

It also tells us that to enter we need to be fully members of the elected clubs listed on the form which we are not so we have to contact the clerk of the course or event secretary to arrange a possible invitation. 

Also All drivers must produce a valid Club Membership Card. A competition licence is not required to enter the Clubsport permit Autosolo however a National B competition licence of the correct category will be required to enter the CMSG Autosolo Championship round of the Event.
How do we get this?  :)

It also says  All vehicles must compete on tyres that are not on MSA`s list 1B. Can you tell me what B1 is please?  :)

It all probably just means we have to contact the event secretary for a pass to this event & that we need to be on road legal tyres?
Really sorry for all these questions?
Colin.  :)

satchellm

Hi Moleman, sorry for slow reply. Yes an autosolo is in  essence an autotest but its all forward motion so basically its a car park (in this case part of kemble airfield) with a sea of cones with a specific route in which you have to drive round them as fast as you can without touching any of the cones as not in incur a time penalty.

As for club issue yes give the clerk a call he might be able to add BKCC to the list but you'd have to be payed up members of here but I dont know, or join DDMC then get the bug for it and you'll be able to take part in a number of championships over the rest of the year.

1B tyre list is basically a list of tyres that the MSA say you cant use bla bla bla, find it here page 4 and 6 (5 is a darn advert)
http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/bluebooks/11/191-200%20Permitted%20Tyres.pdf

Licence as you say isnt required but you'll be able to enter the CMSG (Cotswold motor sport group) championship, to get it hope over to the MSA website and print off the necessary forms iv just renewed my none competition national B (runs yearly) at the cost of about £45  all of that isn't necessary though.

Hope any of that helps, but by all means give Chris Foxley a call, he'd be more than happy to help and talk you through it.

Martin.

Moleman

satchellm

No problems bud, sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

robp

Quote from: Moleman on 22, February, 2014, 06:59:48 PM

It also says  All vehicles must compete on tyres that are not on MSA`s list 1B. Can you tell me what B1 is please?  :)

You'll not be allowed to use your 888's, Colin.  :(

Moleman

Looks like I'm screwed on that & the noise test. (just noticed the noise limit)  :(   Oh well I will stick to track days.  ;D

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Moleman on 03, March, 2014, 08:41:57 PM
Looks like I'm screwed on that & the noise test. (just noticed the noise limit)  :(   Oh well I will stick to track days.  ;D

and your cars the wrong colour  :(

paintman

Seems a lot of rules and specs for a driving test around cones on a large "car park",  to much OTT for me......just my truthful opinion! ::) ::)

satchellm

Na far from it, it has to be like that because its an MSA event so all the regs have to be there for insurance purposes cant just do what ever you like then its not as much of a level playing field.

robp

Quote from: satchellm on 04, March, 2014, 08:25:12 AM
Na far from it...

Yes, I agree.  Autosolos are great fun and have got to be the cheapest form of motorsport there is.  I would encourage anyone interested to give it a go.

satchellm

Quote from: robp on 04, March, 2014, 09:26:58 AM
Yes, I agree.  Autosolos are great fun and have got to be the cheapest form of motorsport there is.  I would encourage anyone interested to give it a go.

And a lot easier and far more simple than an autotest. If its flat out speed you want then an autosolo isn't what your looking for but if its technical driving then you've found it.