+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Pembrey Trackday 21st June

Started by Moleman, 14, April, 2014, 08:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

Hi guys. I'm thinking of booking a track day at Pembrey race circuit on Saturday 21st June.
It is about 2 hrs from Bristol but I have heard it is a good circuit.  :D I will be booking it with open track days. It is £150 for open pit & about 40 cars in total. You also get free tuition, free photo's of the day & free tea,coffee & some snacks.

What do you think? Anyone up for it?  :)

dave_bence

Go for it ;D

Pembrey is a superb little circuit 8). It doesn't look great on paper - it's just one and a half miles long and as flat as a pancake, but I've done quite a few track days there and really enjoyed them.

It has a great mix of corners such as a tricky double-apex left-hander called Dibeni, a lovely swooping Esses, a tight hairpin at the end of the longest straight and a real bottle-tester called Woodlands.

I'd love to join you, but like several events this year, it clashes with something I've already booked. I expect Lucky Ed will be there to keep you company - he's done several days there and really rates it too. Have fun!

I will be going there in September with Motorsport Events.

Lucky Ed

I'd love to go. I'll check up tomorrow and see if I can get there on that date 8)

Moleman

Does anyone fancy this venue then? or is the distance a bit far for some of you? I'm also thinking of doing Castle Combe in June or July if no one is up for Pembrey. Combe is a bigger circuit but it will be an extra £50.
What do you think guys?  :)

Lucky Ed

I'm probably going to go to Pembrey in late September with MSE along with Dave Doom, so will leave it this time. Weekends are still difficult for me this month, so I've been eyeing up Combe with BHP on Mon 16th - when were you thinking of going Colin?

I'd like to do Donington GP circuit if I can, but I can't find anything at the mo, also looking to get to Oulton but that will mean a night away, so will probably leave that until Aug/Sept.

Anybody else got any ideas or plans?

Moleman

I could do 16th mate. I will check with a few friends that want to do one in June to see if they want to do Combe on the 16th or Pembrey on the 21st.

Anyone else up for one of these?  8)

dave_bence

I'm going to book a place at Castle Combe on the 16th of June.

I haven't been on a track since Abingdon in early April :o

I need some speed ;D

Lucky Ed

Looks like Combe on the 16th might be a goer then 8) - when are you going to book Dave?

There's availability for Oulton in the second half of August with Javelin, Trackdays or MSV. It would be great to get a gang together to go up there - it's a must do if you haven't already done it.

dave_bence

Lucky Ed

I've booked as well 8)

I went last month, also ran by BHP, and had a great day with no queues at all - mind you it did p**s down in the middle of the day :o

It might be worth starting another thread to see if we can get a few more takers.

robp

Count me in for Oulton Park.  8)