+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Combe track day next Monday (12th)

Started by Lucky Ed, 09, May, 2014, 09:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

I've signed up for a track day at Combe on Monday as I'm desperate for a blast after working 7 days a week for the last 4 months. The weather doesn't look too bad and it will give me a chance to try out my new oil cooler.

If anyone is passing feel free to pop in and say hello, or if you are stupid enough you can come for a ride round :o ;D

Iancider

Now that is a tease - I'm doing half a day on Monday so I could be there early afternoon or maybe do those chores....hmmm difficult one.  Oh okay I give in - see you there 8) ;D :P

See I knew I would get to you when I mentioned Llandow! :D

Regards
Ian

Lucky Ed

Be great to meet up Ian, it looks a bit showery in the afternoon but you will be meeting up with 'Lucky' Ed ;D

Moleman

Have a good day on Monday mate. Hope it does stay dry for you.  8)

Lucky Ed

Had a cracking day at Combe today. I went with very low expectations as the forecast was saying rain by 11, so I went a bit mad in the morning thinking it was going to rain at any minute, so had covered about 130miles and used up the bulk of my fuel by midday. The car went really well with the new oil cooler working a treat as the temp never went over 110 degrees all day,and I even squeezed in a lesson which helped me a lot with my lines through Camp and Quarry.

The rain started just after lunch just as Ian Cider arrived, so we swapped to road tyres, let most of the air out and ventured out in the wet which I think was a bit of a bottom clenching experience for Ian :o The track soon dried so we took a gamble on the slicks which paid off as we stayed on them for the rest of the day. I think it was Ian's first experience of slicks and I hope he was suitably impressed ::)

Lucky Ed struck twice during the afternoon, the brake pedal went really hard during a stint and the rear brakes were binding, so time to pit. I thought the new rear pads were lacking clearance so we popped the old ones back in but the problem persisted, was thinking the day was over until I found a tiny stone under the pedal adjuster causing the brakes to be on just a bit which got a lot worse when it got hot - job sorted so back out on track. The second problem happened on our last lap, when I felt an unhealthy vibration and I had a warning light on and the oil temp gauge went to zero. Not taking any chances I shut it off and got towed in, and when we lifted the bonnet off I was pleased to see that it was the fan belt that had broken and taken some wiring with it. At least it's an east fix.

A big thanks to Ian for his company, I hope he enjoyed it and I have a funny feeling he might be getting some slicks ;D :o

Moleman

Nice one Ed. I'm Glad it went well. Combe can catch you out in the wet & Damp conditions.  8)