Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Track day 18th August.

Started by Moleman, 13, July, 2014, 02:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

I know some of the regular track day guys can't do this one but there is a few spaces left to do a Castle Combe track day which is being organised by a mate of mine. It will be mostly retro cars but not standard once & they are a good friendly bunch.  8)

It will £150 open pit with about 35 car max for the day so plenty of track time.  :D It is a Monday though.  :(

I will be going & so is Paul with his Mev Rocket. So if your interested please let me know sooner rather than later.  :)

Moleman

Well you know where I will be tomorrow. So if anyone has the day off come on over & say hi. It's free to get in & if you want I will give you a ride around the circuit.
As you can see i'm feeling optimistic & put on the slicks.  8)

Lucky Ed

Hope you have a good day Colin, the weather looks OK for tomorrow 8)

We're off to Oulton on Tuesday, but the forecast is looking a bit dodgy at the moment :(
At least RobP will be able to try out his racing wets if it pees it down :D

Moleman

Thanks mate. Lets hope we both get a dry day.  ;)

Moleman

Had a really cracking day, had the slicks on all day, even during some rain  :o 8) The car just seemed to be hooked up even during the one bit of rain we had & it didn't take long to completely dry up though.

I only had one moment at Quarry Corner & one breakdown in the shape of a blown indicator bulb.  :)
We had another member there, Paul in his Mev Rocket who hasn't done this circuit before but soon got to grips with it. Richard from Omex was also there too. some of you guys who do Llandow in may will know him.  :D

I didn't take many pic's but thought I would show you this lovely beast that was on track. It was immaculate. Fair play for taking it out on track.

Video footage to follow at some point.

'The Gaffer'

That Minor is a beaut

Glad you both had a good day :) 

paul

Great to see you today again Colin.

Don't worry, my friend Kim spent the day wondering around the circuit with one of my cameras so I have some great track shots..
I'll post a few up as soon as possible, but here is a teaser;

Moleman

That's a good Photo mate. I might have to ask your friend if she will put them on a disc for me.  8)

Moleman

Well I did a little video of the day. I didn't do that many this time & I tried to cram in a few bits of interest of the day.
There is some of me going through traffic then my one & only spin of the day  ::) & just a little bit of the light rain we had where I was still going ok on the slicks that I stayed out without any problems. After that the rest of the day was dry & fault free.  8)

Iancider

Interesting footage Colin,

I was intrigued by the spin  Your steering was straight and you had hardly touched the curve - it was like the back was pushed-out.  Was it just overcooking the braking?

stevel

Hi Colin.  Being an expert at spinning on a trackday I was quite impressed by your attempt.  As Ian says you were straight but you did change down at the same time as the spin so it may have been that.  Nice to see somebody enjoying the full range of the track!!!!

Moleman

What you don't see is how close to the tyre barrier i got. :o  I think I just braked a little bit too hard that time Ian.  ::)

Lucky Ed

Looks like you had good fun with the traffic Colin - no help from the blue flags I notice, unlike Oulton :o

As Stevel says it looks like the little problem you had was provoked by the down shift, my car would have done the same in the same cicumstances - well that would have been my excuse anyway ;D ;D ;D

Good to see you kept it out of the barriers, there ain't a lot of room there 8)

Moleman

The traffic wasn't too bad most people were really good, I could have out braked that red honda a few times but I knew I would pass him soon enough without taking any risks. I did think it was a bit crap of him to stay to the right on the back straight after he got passed the Viva but perhaps he never looked in his mirrors.   ::)  :D

I was keeping a eye on those barriers too mate.  :)

alastair

Looks like you had a good day mate. I've spun at quarry also and it certainly makes your ass twitch.
:o

paul

Quote from: Moleman on 19, August, 2014, 09:22:11 PM
That's a good Photo mate. I might have to ask your friend if she will put them on a disc for me.  8)

It was on my camera so I have all the images  :)
(give me a bit and i'll sort downloads for you)

Album of 50 images from the day taken by Kim and processed by me http://photos.itpic.co.uk/p1038573640

Moleman

Cool thanks for that Paul. They look really good. I will give you some dosh for them mate.   :)

Bulldog Bri

Remember, if anyone want a pic of their car printed up to A3 size 'FREE!!' :P let me know and email me a copy. the higher the res the better ;D (Preferably without watermarks)

8)