Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Cadwell park track day

Started by Iancider, 28, August, 2014, 10:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Iancider

Thinking about next year perhaps? A motocyclist friend was intrigued by my positve comments on Oulton Park and raves about Cadwell Park.  This one is a pretty long reach - basically head to Sheffield and turn right stopping just short of the North Sea.  This has to be the skinniest racetrack there is and it appeals to motorcuclists because it is like the ultimate country lane but without killer trucks coming the other way!  It would be a pretty interesting track due to this oddity.  MSV and Javelin both operate there.

http://www.cadwellpark.co.uk/trackdays/car-calendar.aspx

Lucky Ed

It's on our wish list Ian, but as you say it's a long way and could even be a two nighter :o

Hopefully you'll have your slicks by then and you'll be joining in ;D ;D ;D

robp

I love Cadwell.  A really great circuit.

It is narrow but it's no problem for cars and you don't notice it.  I may try to get a day in this year; Sept/Oct, as there are a number of dates available.

It's a fair drive to Lincolnshire but an easy enough journey.  Definitely an overnighter (night before).

Lucky Ed

Count me in ;D ;D ;D

I notice Trackdays are listing Donington GP on 2nd Nov, might be worth investigating after last years sucess 8)

Moleman

I would be up for some of these. Just depends when of course.  :)

robp

OK. A few dates....
They filling up!

Mon 13th Oct £119 http://www.trackdays.co.uk/tracks/cadwell_park.htm
Mon 13th Oct £119 Opentrack.co.uk (inc drinks/tuition/photos) http://www.opentrack.co.uk/cadwell-park/
Fri 17th Oct £120 Trackaction http://www.trackaction-online.com/
Wed 22nd Oct £119 MSV http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/2014/oct/22-cp-gen.aspx
Mon 3rd Nov £99 MSV
Fri 14th Nov £109 Trackdays. co.uk
Sat 22nd Nov £109 Javelin

Fancy any of those?  Maybe a few others.  I'm defo doing one.  8)

Iancider

Wow - great enthusiasm!

The distance is a bit sobering though.  It would be a three day event.  The trailer tow each way would be about five hours driving plus stops.  Should we hire a car transporter?  ;)

Or maybe make it a spectacular drive up and take a support vehicle with all of the tools, tyres and empty fuel cans.  Oh yes and a few spare wings!

Or several could drive and we could take one trailer as the stretcher bearer for any car that goes lame.

Ian

robp

Quote from: Iancider on 16, September, 2014, 07:43:03 PM
The distance is a bit sobering though.  It would be a three day event.  The trailer tow each way would be about five hours driving plus stops. 

Its a fair drive, but more like 3 1/2 to 4 hours.  Last time I went it took me 4 hours including stops to get there but Lincolnshire was thick fog so I was crawling along.  I wouldn't fancy it without a trailer but my car has no windscreen or heater.

I plan to go up the night before and come back to Bristol after the trackday.

I still can't decide which is my favourite circuit; Cadwell or Oulton.  That's why I have to go and do some more analysis!  Oh, and there is Donington as well too!  Mmm.  :P

Lucky Ed

I could probably make most of those dates Rob. I think the one on the 13th will be the one and the same, as Trackdays seem to list everything going, and appear to be booking agents for most companies. The Monday might appeal to some as, it will only involve one day off work if we travel up on the Sunday.

I'm pretty flexible - any other thoughts?

adam7

Sounds like a great idea, would prefer any Monday. I'd take the trailer, and stay over night on the Sunday...
Nov 3rd could be interesting... Although I might need to invest in some of those "wet" tyres you were going on about rob :-)

robp

OK, one of the Monday dates looks good.

Any preference; 13th Oct or 3rd Nov?

robp

Ed, I know you're still interested in a trip to Lincolnshire.  Talk about it tonight if you're around.  Anyone else too.

Moleman

I'm very interested mate.  :)

Lucky Ed

Quote from: robp on 02, April, 2015, 11:43:32 AM
Ed, I know you're still interested in a trip to Lincolnshire.  Talk about it tonight if you're around.  Anyone else too.

Yeah, I'd love to go sometime this year, I will see you tonight 8)

robp

Here are a few dates.  There is lots of availability at the moment.  There are others but this gives a good idea of price. 

Mon 25th May £189 MSV (bank holiday)
Thu 28th May £149 Javelin (actually, I probably cannot do this one :().
Fri 5th June £159
Wed 24th June £149 Javelin (this is my favourite at the moment)
Sat 4th July £189 Javelin
Fri 10th July £169
Thu 16th July £150
Mon 24th August £149 Javelin

I'd rather not do a Friday myself.  Getting back from Lincolnshire on a Friday night after a day of driving on circuit won't be nice.

My plan would be travel up the night before and come home after the event.

Lucky Ed

The first 3 dates are no good for me, so 24th June is looking good for me too, but will have to check 8)

Moleman

I would be up for 24th June but rather do 4th July only as I don't need to use holiday but I am happy to use it for this though.  8)

Is it the whole circuit for that day mate? only asking as some circuits do do a shorten version at time & I would love to do the whole thing.

robp

Quote from: Moleman on 28, April, 2015, 09:32:15 PM
Is it the whole circuit for that day mate? only asking as some circuits do do a shorten version at time & I would love to do the whole thing.

Whole circuit.  There are a few evening events at Cadwell but this one is all day. 

benchmark51

Quote from: robp on 29, April, 2015, 12:57:10 PM
Quote from: Moleman on 28, April, 2015, 09:32:15 PM

Whole circuit.  There are a few evening events at Cadwell but this one is all day.

Apart from the coned off bits :o ;D

Moleman

Count me in then mate.  8)

Moleman

Just been looking up places to stay. This one seems good value with a large private car park behind the pub to cater for track day people with car & trailer. They also don't mind late arrivals & 3 miles from the circuit. 

I will show you the details to see what do you think?

Lucky Ed

I'm up for the 24th June, shall we book it?

The Black Horse seems ok too 8)

robp

Yes and yes!  :D

Cool  8)

Lucky Ed

robp

Moleman

Booked & also 3 single rooms booked for £39 each. pay on the day.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Anyone else interested? Cadwell park, open pit track day, with accommodation for just £188  :o :o 8) 8)

Moleman

Come on guys You know you want too! 8)
Stick your name down you will love it. 8)

Lucky Ed

Just had a look at the entry list - there's a total of 9 signed up now, we could get lonely out there :o ;)

robp

Still over a month to go. Hopefully be a couple more by then.  ::)

Moleman

Come on Ian & Barry you know you want too.  :P I'm sure you can hire a trailer that will take both cars? You can borrow my tools for the day.  ;)

Moleman

There are 21 cars signed up now. come on guys look at what you could be doing. Here is a slow lap version by a Clio.  ;)

Then tell me this doesn't look fun.  8)

Facial Hair Optional

My car has already been round Cadwell just not with me driving it! Search youtube for cosworth fisher fury and you'll see it being driven very well (and fast) by a previous owner. Or click

It seems it's been round most of the well known tracks!!

I would love to go but as I have yet to do my 1st track day later this year I think I'll get a few laps experience under my belt before I try the more serious and further away circuits as I have no idea how reliable the car will turn out to be (even though it's a veteran of track days and has been well tested on them) or for that matter how good I will be (or not!!)

Facial Hair Optional

Apologies, I didn't realise the actual video would appear in the forum!!! Just thought it would be a link.. oops!

Moleman

So does this inspire anyone else to join us then? :D

Facial Hair Optional

I love the way he takes those curves at about 4 mins 25 secs into the video!!!  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

If you haven't got time to watch the whole video, watch minutes 18 to 25 (ish) he slaughters some saloons on the straights and really gets into the swing of things on the bends!!!

It looks an awesome circuit, fab sweeping curves and some nice elevation changes plus some great straights to really get your boot down!

Moleman

Ready for all types of weather now. Full race wets= Check  8)
                                                    Set of 888'S= Check   8)
                                                    Full set slicks= Check   8)

Cadwell Park here I come.  :D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 05, June, 2015, 09:04:53 PM
Ready for all types of weather now. Full race wets= Check  8)
                                                    Set of 888'S= Check   8)
                                                    Full set slicks= Check   8)

Cadwell Park here I come.  :D

I'm green with envy mate! You will fly round there I'm sure of it. Have a great time mate  ;D

Lucky Ed

Hey Colin & Rob, I've just looked at the forecast and it looks like you guys might be trying out the racing wets :o :o :o

Moleman