News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Cadwell park track day

Started by Iancider, 28, August, 2014, 10:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

robp

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 17, June, 2015, 09:49:34 PM
It looks like you guys might be trying out the racing wets :o :o :o

YES, YES, YES!

No showers though please.  That's no good.  I want it to tip it down!  ;D :P

Lucky Ed

I'm travelling up to Cadwell Park tomorrow to play Captain Slow to the fast boys in the club, Rob P and Moleman, the thing is which one is JC and which one is Hampster......... I wonder :D :D :D

Moleman

Ha ha.  :P  that is funny mate but I think Rob got the bum deal being JC to be honest.  ;D

Lucky Ed

sanzomat

Have a great day tomorrow guys. Looking forward to seeing some cracking video - remember, if you don't spin you're not trying hard enough!!

Iancider

Yep,  best wishes from me too.  sorry I can't be there

Ian

robp

Got home at 10 pm tonight after a mega day at Cadwell.

Full report soon.

Daley Down Under

Glad you had a great time - difficult not to at Cadwell

Cheers Adrian

robp

Quote from: Daley Down Under on 25, June, 2015, 10:08:39 AM

Cheers Adrian

There was a black Westfield Megablade there which looked just like you old motor, Adrian.

Facial Hair Optional

How did it go guys? Did any of you record your laptimes etc??

Lucky Ed

We all had a fantastic day at Cadwell, now I know why Robp was so keen to go back. It's a daunting circuit the first time you go out with loads of blind crests and turn in points, but after 2 or 3 sessions you start to learn where you can push. All the cars ran well and there were hardly any red flags or queues, the only problem for me was it was warm day and my car was getting damn hot, so it cut down the length of my stints a bit - but all in all a superb day - can't wait to go back 8)

More reports and videos to follow.

Bulldog Bri

Remember guys... any of you got some good photos from the day, I can get them printed up free....  ;)

8)

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 25, June, 2015, 08:29:39 PM
Remember guys... any of you got some good photos from the day, I can get them printed up free....  ;)

8)

Superb Bri, we all bought a CD, so expect a call soon ;)

Moleman

It was such a great day. Like Ed said it took a while to learn the circuit but once we did there was no stopping us. Only one spin form me & that was trying to keep up with Rob  ::) He was really fast & new the circuit well. No problems for me I just lost a little red lens on my dash board.  ::)

Lucky Ed

Video of the last session of the day. The three of us managed to get out together, and I was chuffed to be able to hang on to the tail of them with some late braking - until Rob decided to sod off into the distance! It got red flagged half way through after someone clattered the markers at the chicane that I just managed to miss. Near the end Adam goes flying by in his green Caterham, followed by a really well sorted M3 on slicks. I cut my session a bit short as the car was really hot, the two small gauges on the middle are oil and water respectively, and they're nearly on the stops :o - some work needed there me thinks.

'The Gaffer'

Nice report on Cadwell Park there guys, glad you all had a good and safe time 8).

Definitely time for a bit of cooling work Ed :o.

Daley Down Under

Quote from: robp on 25, June, 2015, 11:04:15 AM
Quote from: Daley Down Under on 25, June, 2015, 10:08:39 AM

Cheers Adrian

There was a black Westfield Megablade there which looked just like you old motor, Adrian.

Good spot Rob (and so very close).  Different rear lights, extra Westfield badges, stickers and a red badge on the grille.  Under bonnet layout slight changed too but could be my old car :)

Cheers Adrian

robp

I had a great day at Cadwell with Ed, Colin and Adam.

I have been to Cadwell before a few years ago so I remembered my way around and was able to put my clog down early on.  What a circuit.  I loved flying down the pit straight and chucking it up the hill around Coppice and Charlies.  The Chris Curve is great to test your grip (and balls). The best bit for me; The Hall Bends, wow.

I have been considering various upgrades and changes to the Westfield recently.  However, I have to say there was absolutely nothing I want to change about the car at Cadwell.  It was perfect and gave me the confidence to really push it.  The tyres were all wearing evenly and getting nice and hot giving loads of grip.  I could stand on the brakes and really throw it through the corners (of which there are plenty at Cadwell!).

My mission this time was to get the car airborne over the Mountain.  Well, I tried my best.  I came out of my seat, the rear wheels span up, the engine hit the limiter, but sadly no air.  In fact no-one managed it.  Perhaps if I turned my diffuser around to give lift....  ::)

There was about 48 cars at the event.  The track takes 32 at a time so there was no queuing to get on circuit.

I have been think about what is my favourite circuit in the UK; Donington, Oulton, Cadwell?  Well, there is no question now from my point of view; Cadwell is the Daddy.  The only problem, why is it so far away!!

Iancider

All we need now is some action footage Rob!

Ian

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 25, June, 2015, 08:33:54 PM
Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 25, June, 2015, 08:29:39 PM

8)

Superb Bri, we all bought a CD, so expect a call soon ;)

No Problem, as and when. ;D

8)

Iancider

Excellent Vid Ed - really enjoyed it - as I watched I was leaning into the corners.  That was a stunning circuit!

Ian

robp

Here is a video from the rear of Adam's car.

Lucky Ed

Can't see nuffin', it's set on private ;D

robp

robp

Here is one from inside my car.

robp

Here is a short video trackside by the Mountain.  A few passes by Lucky Ed and a MX5 breaking down on the pit entry.

robp

Quote from: robp on 26, June, 2015, 04:15:25 PM
..... and a MX5 breaking down on the pit entry.

Unfortunately he wasn't the only one.  :-[ :-[ :-[

Lucky Ed

Moleman

I really want to do this one again. It was great & looking at both your video's guys I can even see where I think I can do better from braking later to being more aggressive around the corners.  8) It will really take a lot to beat this circuit. You are right Rob I wish it was closer.  ;D

Moleman

I forgot to add that watching my car from Ed's video got me wondering if I need to stiffen up my springs on the back as it looks like it is leaning over a lot on the corners? But I could be wrong.

Facial Hair Optional

Looks like an amazing day out guys!!!! Very cool indeed, I'm envious.

Not sure if any of you noted any of your laptimes, but this may interest you. I make avid notes on things (ok so I am ever so slightly OCD, some of you have noticed before!!!!)

From a past episode of Fifth Gear, in a £53k Lotus Exige S, Vicky Butler-Henderson lapped with the race mode on in 1 min 12.4 secs, Karun Chandhock (ex F1 driver) lapped in the same car in 1 min 10.6 secs with race mode off (no driver aids). I would guess they had the track to themselves with zero traffic issues.

Did anyone get anywhere near close???

Moleman

I never even thought about timing the laps as I was too busy learning the circuit.  :)

Bulldog Bri

Probably get a rough idea of lap times with the videos... Yes? ::)

8)

Bulldog Bri

Just had a quick try on Robs video. I missed the first bit with traffic. Then went from passing the BMW just before the start/finish line, a little bit of traffic but not really enough to worry about got the next 3 laps at 1:43secs followed by a 1:44 then another 1:43.

8)

Moleman

I wont be as quick as Rob but here is a sample of the day. PS Robp one of my tittles was followed a friend around until I lose him & I now realise I should of added at the end that I found him.  :P Sorry about the last bit mate.  ;D

robp

That M3 going off in front of you was good. :D

Quote from: Moleman on 28, June, 2015, 08:34:40 PM
Sorry about the last bit mate.  ;D
Excellent!  ;D ;D ;D
I must move that blooming inertia switch to under the dash so I can reset it from my seat.  I hit the kerb at Mansfield and that was that. It's not the first time that has happened. ::)   

Moleman

If you look closer mate you will see I had the duck as it sprayed grass all over me.  ::) :P

sanzomat

Very jealous!! Thanks for sharing those videos. Really enjoyed watching them. Looks like a great place to spend a day.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 28, June, 2015, 05:28:16 PM
Just had a quick try on Robs video. I missed the first bit with traffic. Then went from passing the BMW just before the start/finish line, a little bit of traffic but not really enough to worry about got the next 3 laps at 1:43secs followed by a 1:44 then another 1:43.

8)

I think that is actually pretty good judging by other vids I've seen on youtube  8)

Facial Hair Optional

I clocked Rob on a 99.5% unhindered lap at 1:43.25 !!!

Couple of questions Rob if you don't mind, what engine do you have and if you are using a GoPro how are you getting such a good engine noise and such little wind noise pls mate? I really struggle with that on my car.