News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

FIA formulaE

Started by benchmark51, 10, January, 2015, 01:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Live from Buenos Aires on ITV4 at 6pm today

If you have nothing else to do and you can stay awake! ;D

As far as I can see it's won by whoever's batteries last the longest, Duracell? :-X

Iancider

Watched it:

It was a bit like Scalectrix without the sparks but they did come off just as often.   ;D

benchmark51

They seem to break the corners off quite a lot with the big black roundy things pointing all over the place!

The drivers names seem to be either relatives of former F1 greats or F1 'tried but didn't quite make it's' :-X

Also the F1 'speak' is present, for sure.

paintman

Found it rather boring i'm afraid.

I wonder if they listen to radio 1 or 2 when they're driving??? ::) ;)

'The Gaffer'

Watched a bit of this electric racing from Beijing on Youtube. Definitely miss the sound but the crash at 1.02:40 shows they are certainly doing some speed. Just one corner to go as well ::)

Iancider

Incredible shunt Phil and a tribute to the strength of these cars.  I guess he didn't see him and he couldn't hear him either.  You cant hear EV's coming  :( :o

They are about 170KWatts which is about 230bhp but twice as heavy as F1 petrol cars - they have go a way to go for me.  I like the look of the emerging Petrol/EV hybrids and they sound good too.

paintman

Thought they had mirrors on these cars.....I would be well *issed off if that happened to me!! :o