AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe track day and current lap records.....LINK!

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 04, August, 2015, 09:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

May be of interest to those doing the August track day. The website has lap times for hundreds of tracks around the world....

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/castle_combe.html

benchmark51

Interesting, but all tintops(ish). What about proper cars? :D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 04, August, 2015, 10:04:56 PM
Interesting, but all tintops(ish). What about proper cars? :D
There were a few Caterhams and Atoms on the Anglesey coastal one but I havent looked in depth for real cars at the Combe one yet Dave  ;D

Maybe we should aim to change that? I'm sure Colin and Ian will have a good go at it!

Facial Hair Optional

Actually come to think of it I reckon it would be a good idea to get ourselves organised and for some of us to time the others while we are 'resting' ourselves and our cars to see how we compare. I'd love to know how close to the bottom of the list I get!!!  :D :D :D :D

I will defo time a few of you no probs.

Daley Down Under

Those top 3 are proper quick laps.  Guessing not on road tyres  :D

Cheers Adrian

Facial Hair Optional

Here is the link for Cadwell Park (full circuit) which Colin (Moleman) and a few of the lads recently went to for a track day. I seem to recall Ed (I think it was) doing it in 1 minute 43 (or 46?) NOT BAD MATE!!!!!!! only 6 (or 9) seconds behind a Maclaren MP4-12C!! Bloody hell fire!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o And Colin was not far behind Ed either!!!  8) 8) 8)

Moleman

There is no timing on track days mate it is forbidden so we never do it.  ;)

Lucky Ed

I know there's no timing allowed on track, but does anybody know of a good App that will work on ios - not that I could use it of course ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 05, August, 2015, 06:57:41 AM
There is no timing on track days mate it is forbidden so we never do it.  ;)
I hear ya! I had better make sure I don't accidentally look at my watch as you go over the start finish line twice in succession then Colin  ;D

benchmark51

So you can't race, time, make noise so what can you do? Be booking up to f4rt next.

Gary RH7

Quote from: benchmark51 on 05, August, 2015, 12:10:05 PM
So you can't race, time, make noise so what can you do? Be booking up to f4rt next.

Perfect for my old banger then :'(

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 05, August, 2015, 12:10:05 PM

Cheers Dave, a laugh a day keeps the doc away!! Brilliant!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Moleman

I must say that I haven't got Racechrono app on my phone which records all your lap times & what speed you were doing at which part of the track you are on.  ;)

Facial Hair Optional

That one you haven't got Colin is one I have never heard of! Are you sure it even exists?   :o

This is getting more like Fight Club by the day.... first rule of Fight Club.....   :P

benchmark51

sanzomat

The one I haven't got on my Nokia Windows phone is called GPS Chrono - is that the same thing? I haven't actually had a chance to try it out yet. I just didn't download another one called Racetimer that looks like it does the same thing.

Jagodo

I have a Racelogic Vbox Sport which records 20 samples per second. I made the mistake of having it in the Dutton when I did a session at the Retro/Kit day in June at Castle Combe. If I hadn't turned it on then I wouldn't have to know that I got up to 98.77mph on the straight before Quarry and that my best lap was 1min 41sec. I didn't get a clean lap, because of traffic, and I only got 4 and a half laps before an HT lead came off and I had to retire. I was very pleased with the way that the car went, two up, and recon that I should get near to the Civic Type R at 1m 30 if I was solo.

Moleman

I would be 10th on that list with my best lap. I haven't done that there in a while though.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

I think you mean the best lap that you did not time Colin!!  ;D

You're pretty quick then mate!!  8) 8)

Facial Hair Optional

The next time you don't do a new personal fastest lap that you don't time Colin, you will be able to not go to that website, not click the link at the top and not enter your best time so that it doesn't appear on their list of fastest times!!

Phew, I know what I mean at least!!!  ;D ;D