News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe 2 Sept 2015

Started by Crunchie Gears, 02, September, 2015, 10:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crunchie Gears

I just had a great day at Castle Combe.  Williams Sportscars organised the day and there was a good bunch of people many of whom I had met before.

Anyway, the Ultima was out and  as usual many people ask for a ride.  I took about 10 people out on passenger laps.  One said he wanted to marry the car  :-* A spectator timed a lap at 1.09   :o.   You hit 105 (change into 4th) half way down the pit wall and 160 just before Avon rise.  What is for sure is the car flatters the driver.

I need to find some trackday tyres for the car as the street tyres go off quite quickly and it needs some anti roll bars.  I also need to experiment with the damper settings.

I am going to Complete Kit Cars day at brands on 21 November and if it is dry maybe some track time.  I am very addicted  ;)

Facial Hair Optional

I am gutted I couldn't get there today, would have loved a ride in the Ultima.

1:09 is a stupid quick laptime and 160mph coming towards Avon Rise is just mental!!! SCAAAAARY!!!!  :o :o :o

Moleman

You car is a definite league above ours.  8)

So a few questions for you = When do we get to see it?
                                          What is the prise range of these cars?
                                          Where can I get one?
                                          Can you lend me the money please?  ;D

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: Moleman on 03, September, 2015, 09:52:16 AM
You car is a definite league above ours.  8)

So a few questions for you = When do we get to see it?
                                          What is the prise range of these cars?
                                          Where can I get one?
                                          Can you lend me the money please?  ;D

I am lucky that my brother shares my interest in cars and so we share a couple of cars and the costs.  It halves the craziness  :D.   It is still a kit car and there are some great cars in this club.  All of them are fun and offer challenges round the Castle Combe or even on the road.

The answers:  I took it to Avenue Drivers in July but have not been about for meets since.  I might make Novembers met but not sure what I will be in.

The factory quoted us £110,000 for a factory built car.  But you can find them for £30,000 dependent on the spec.

The are always cars on Pistonheads.

Haha I haven't got any money left I spent it all on cars.

Moleman