Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

LLandow Track day 14th November

Started by Moleman, 29, October, 2015, 11:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

If anyone is still interested this late in the season I have just booked Llandow for Saturday 14th November direct from LLandow circuit. It is a good little technical circuit & easy to get the hang off. It also don't matter if it is a wet one as it don't make much difference being a grippy little circuit. You can fly around there on 888's without any problems.  8)

So if any one would like to join me then give them a call & book it. If you haven't done it before I will be happy to show you the ropes & led some helpful advice if you need it.  :)

Lucky Ed

Sounds like fun. I'm waiting for pistons and rods to arrive so I'll let you know....... 8)

sanzomat

mmm, tempted. I'll have to give this some thought...

Moleman

Don't wait too long Dave I have no idea how many spaces there are.  :D

Any more up for this then? It will be easier to learn than combe :)

sanzomat

I've not yet finished my engine so it would still be the 1.6 - felt very underpowered for Combe - will it matter less here? Also, do those tight bends mean lots of gear changes? My imprecise rod change is taking its toll. I missed third a few times at Combe and due to having to use a bit too much force to overcome the slop in the linkage I managed to snap off the gear lever coming back from Queens square last time! The threaded section on the end has snapped right off! I've bodged it for now but not sure it will stand up to a day of track abuse. As part of my winter upgrades it will be getting a cable change set up (with a new gear lever!)

Moleman

It is only a little circuit mate. I don't even get into 4th gear. But it is a fun little circuit which you will be changing down the gears around the bus stop area.

Here's what it looks like mate. This is when we went there in May.

sanzomat

Just remembered tha'ts the weekend I'm off to Brecon with the family (which was why I couldn't do the karting when it was that day!)

Probably for the best as the car might not survive! Looking forward to doing a shakedown event once the winter projects are complete!

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

Would love to mate but tbh I can't see me making it, I have too much on my plate atm unfortunately, plus I'd have to drive the car there and back and still have that misfire to sort out so the odds are against me atm. Things may change though you never know. It's a cheap day though isn't it!! Very good price-wise.

If time permits I may come along as supprt ala Combe last time you and Ed went.

Crunchie Gears

I have never done this track before and would like to have a go but I have not got the time (I have a number of days off due to getting cars sorted this month).  :-\

Moleman

Any one else up for a cheap track day then?  :)

mr tone

yes i will be going, its a great day and well run Tony

Moleman

I guess you mean the omex/ckcm track day mate.  :) I thought you would be going to that one.

Weather is not looking great for this Saturday but I'm still hopeful & I'm taking my slicks.  Llandow is ok in the wet anyway. :)

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah it looks like you are gonna get the worst day of the week for rain again mate  :(

I hope it changes for you before then Colin. Is anyone else from the club going or is it just you?

If I can get a few spare hours I am considering popping down to cheer you on and check out Llandow as I have never been before. If I don't see you though, have a great day mate.

Moleman

Lucky Ed

Sorry I didn't make this one mate, I'm still tinkering with mine after the rebuild and I'm nearly done now, but it needs running in a bit before the next outing.

Have a great day sliding around in the wet 8)

Moleman

Still taking my slicks though I don't think they will be needed.  ::) :)

Facial Hair Optional

Have to say Colin it is looking bad atm! Tail end of hurricane Kate I believe? You're gonna get it pretty heavy around midday-ish mate  >:(

Iancider

Good luck tomorrow Moleman,

Sorry I cannot support you on this occasion.

Take it easy in the wet.

Ian

benchmark51

Wonder how the paddling party is going at Llandow, syncronised lapping? ;D

Facial Hair Optional

I believe the poor sods are using tow ropes and offering water skiing lessons around the track now mate  :(

Hopefully it'll clear up for them as the storm moves north  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Did you manage to get any worthwhile laps in Colin? Sorry the weather was so pants for you again mate  :(

When I win my £70 million on the Euro lottery I've decide to build the BKCC it's own totally indoor full size race track!!!

Hey, would that be a world first anyone??  8)

Moleman

Well I nearly didn't even bother going as it was heavy sideways rain from the moment I set off. When I got there the first thing I had to do was empty 2 inch's of water out of my seats. The car was on a trailer with it's roof & doors on it.  :o

The track was like a river all round & visibility was very poor. I had rain on both sides of my windscreen, visor which don't clear so good when sat behind a windscreen & even on my glasses as I couldn't put my visor fully down due to steaming up.  ::) :)

Not to mention the how dark it was all day.  ???

I still went out a few times which was good. you can still fly around Llandow in the wet but I putting on the power was very tricky so it made overtaking quite hard on the little straights topped with loads of spray.

This photo was taken about midday

Facial Hair Optional

I bet you are still drip-drying now mate?!  ;D

Moleman

All the carpets are still soaking. I had the garage doors open to help dry them out.  :)

Brandy Barrel

Just a quick question...
How much did oversteer photography charge?
The guy who took mine wants £7 per download image......!

Lucky Ed

It's good you managed a few laps, so it wasn't a total waste of time. That's two bad ones you've had this year, I've got my fingers crossed for Combe next month.

Re; misting visors - I've got a Pinlock insert fitted to mine which effectively double glazes it. Fantastic in the wet and wont even mist up in the cold if you blow on it.

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 15, November, 2015, 08:30:41 PM
Just a quick question...

That seems a bit steep :o Prices seem to vary a lot, but we got a good deal at Cadwell this summer. I think it was about £30 for a load of really high quality shots, a couple of which are on next years calendar.

Iancider

Sorry that is was such a dull wet day but there is always some gain with pain - your controlled skids will be so much better now!

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 15, November, 2015, 07:55:22 PM
All the carpets are still soaking. I had the garage doors open to help dry them out.  :)
Be careful no one nicks it, but then I guess all you'd have to do is follow the trail of drips!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 15, November, 2015, 08:41:54 PM
Re; misting visors - I've got a Pinlock insert fitted to mine which effectively double glazes it. Fantastic in the wet and wont even mist up in the cold if you blow on it.

Sounds like a good idea. I have some anti mist spray which seems to help, I have to wear specs so that's why I chose the spray cos even with a visor that doesn't mist my specs still do! They mist up even without a helmet on when I drive too slowly!

Moleman

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 15, November, 2015, 08:30:41 PM
Just a quick question...

I don't know mate I saw this on FB.  :)

Ed I remember you showing me your visor on our last track day & thought I need to get one.  :)