Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CKC/OMEX Track Day Llandow 14th May 2016

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 05, November, 2015, 11:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Facial Hair Optional

CKC/Omex Track Day date announced - Sat May 14th 2016

As before, the day is only open to kit cars, and we do not allow slicks and wings. You can book and pay for your day via the CKC website.

Price has once again been held at just £95 for car and driver, or just £75 for CKC Subs Club member - to qualify for the discount, you must be a subscriber at the time of booking, and on the day of the track day - you can renew at any point in between the two dates. A second driver is just £20. You can book any and all of these options online or phone Ian Stent on 01823 617908.

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=6c4be0f797a67bd4f36ef0997&id=e06d2b601a&e=03af8e2357

http://www.completekitcar.co.uk/ckcomex.html

Edited to add content for SEO and calendar addition.

Moleman

I will be putting this one in the events calendar at the start of the year mate. Thanks for the heads up though.

Iancider

I'll be doing it.  Llandow is a lovely circuit - it is short, technical and the laps come round often enough that you get loads of practice.  This also has to be the best value even of the year.

Get in quick because it fill up very quickly.

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

At our age 6 months flies by doesn't it Ian!! Plus, we may forget by then too  ;D ;D ;D

Moleman

You won't forget as I won't let you FHO. I have been doing CKC/OMEX track day for 4 years now & it is always a good day & there has always been an Asbo there so you have to go.  ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Cheers Colin  :P

I've watched the videos and it does look good fun. Not sure I can uphold the tradition of the ASBO being very quick though. Would also have to drive it there and back and that does kinda worry me, especially bringing it home AFTER the track day. Would also still have the same problem as Combe ie getting fuel, tyres etc there and back again. Maybe by then I can get a trailer and tow bar fitted to the tin top. If I had a place to keep a trailer I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

That has just given me an idea!!!!  ;)

Camber Dave

QuoteIf I had a place to keep a trailer I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Don't forget the club owns a trailer that is kept at my place.
Rental fee's to Go Inspire - check with Iancider for rates.

Lender to return it in good condition or fix the damage/punctures/lights etc!!!

jmad

I have just booked this and it will be my first trackday, so any offers of help will be greatly received.  Are there any other trackday virgins going?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: jmad on 09, November, 2015, 12:20:12 PM
I have just booked this and it will be my first trackday, so any offers of help will be greatly received.  Are there any other trackday virgins going?

I did my first trackday at Llandow a few years back and really enjoyed it despite being apprehensive beforehand, it is a friendly little track, not mega fast and pretty safe and you will gets loads of support on the day. It's not as scary as you think but just make sure your car is in order. Check your brake pads are good, replace them (Possibly fluid too) if they are standard road pads as they will fade pretty quickly on track. Check all your hoses are tight, check you have plenty of oil and fuel, bring a jerry can of fuel if you can. Make sure your tyres are ok and drop a few PSI on the day. Don't bring anything you don't need, you will not be allowed to drive with stuff rattling around in the boot or footwells although most people pile up stuff in the paddock in front of the car. Bring clothes that cover arms and legs and don't forget your crash helmet. Other than that take it easy, you are not racing. Keep an eye on your mirrors and let quicker drivers past. There is always a briefing before going out on track and the CKC / Omex days are good in that they split groups into beginners to advanced at the start of the day.

I'm sure I have missed something but someone will pipe up.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Camber Dave on 09, November, 2015, 09:51:17 AM
QuoteIf I had a place to keep a trailer I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Don't forget the club owns a trailer that is kept at my place.
Rental fee's to Go Inspire - check with Iancider for rates.

Lender to return it in good condition or fix the damage/punctures/lights etc!!!
Good reminder Dave! If it vanishes in the next few days it has nowt to do with me ok!!!  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: jmad on 09, November, 2015, 12:20:12 PM
If I do go it will only be my 2nd ever track day so I'll be a virgin or as good as. No jokes please Colin about 'virgin on the dangerous' or spending a lot of time on the 'grass virgins' etc etc!!

jamd, I can tell you from my Castle Combe experience that you will not find a more friendly or helpful bunch of nutters. Try and keep up with the VFC lads if you dare, but don't foget their motto is 'ooh chase me, chase me!!' cos they are secretly a bunch of hairdressers (no offence to any genuine barbers etc on here  ;D)  And however good you think the day will be, multiply it by ten - it is that much fun I can assure you  8)

jmad

So FHO are you going to come and play. It sounds like the asbo will know it's way round so all you need to do is hold on 8)

Moleman

I will be booking it & will gladly help with any advice you need on the day mate & there are normally at least 6 or 7 of us from the club that will be there.

I'm there this Saturday if you want a ride around to see what it like.  :D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: jmad on 09, November, 2015, 08:47:14 PM
So FHO are you going to come and play. It sounds like the asbo will know it's way round so all you need to do is hold on 8)
That's what I did at Combe in the Fury but the car didn't seem to know where the hell it was going!!

Iancider

I have just booked-in me and Crash Test Dummy

Cant be too soon can you!

Ian

Moleman

OK I have booked as well.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

This track day is a really good one which I do every year & is a good venue for your first time on the track or regular track nuts. It is good to see other kit cars there too & it is normally the only track day that is exclusive to kit cars.

If you haven't been on one before you will find it a friendly & helpful track day where people are willing to help if you need it.
Take note to the advice that the Gaffer has said as I is pretty spot on.  8)

So people going so far = Jmad
                                    Iancider
                                    Crash test dummy
                                    Moleman

I know it may be early but it is a good cheap day & may be worth booking early.  :)

mr tone

sanzomat

I've just booked for this one too. I've also booked a second driver for a good friend of mine who I (almost) trust not to break my car! I spoke to Ian Stent last Friday - they were already up to 15 people (so now at least 16) of a total of 40 places.

Moleman

Come on guys lets make this a good turnout for BKCC.  8)

Lucky Ed

I'm gutted that I can never make this one, as it's bang slap in the middle of my busy period :(

Have a great day guys, it's always good fun here - but remember, someone is going to get my 'luck', so beware :o

Moleman

Sorry to hear this Ed.

Well the list is getting bigger this early to the event which is good.  8)

Iancider
                                    Crash test dummy
                                    Moleman
                                    sanzomat
                                    Mr Tone

Any more?  :D

mr tone

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

I have now pre-booked a mates trailer for this day! (thank you, you know who you are)

Now all I have to do it get a tow bar fitted and book the track day itself (and learn how to drive properly etc etc)  :o

Saves one you lot saying it doesnt it!!!!  :P

Best add me to that list then please Colin  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 05, November, 2015, 11:42:03 PM

As before, the day is only open to kit cars, and we do not allow slicks and wings. You can book and pay for your day via the CKC website.

Price has once again been held at just £95 for car and driver, or just £75 for CKC Subs Club member - to qualify for the discount, you must be a subscriber at the time of booking, and on the day of the track day - you can renew at any point in between the two dates. A second driver is just £20. You can book any and all of these options online or phone Ian Stent on 01823 617908.

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=6c4be0f797a67bd4f36ef0997&id=e06d2b601a&e=03af8e2357

What does SEO mean Colin??

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 02, December, 2015, 11:51:18 PM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 05, November, 2015, 11:42:03 PM

What does SEO mean Colin??

I'll step in if that's ok as I made the edit.

SEO = Search Engine Optimisation. Basically it helps Google etc pick up on the post and helps people all over the world to find out about our involvement with the track day at  Llandow  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Hi Phil. I've been trying to work out that SEO thing for hours. Needless to say I got nowhere near that answer!

Can anyone shed any light on the bit about 'we do not allow slicks and wings' cos I am sure people at previous Llandow CKC days have used slicks (plus I have a wing on the rear of my car and I know it is usually at this track day in the past!)

Facial Hair Optional

I'm now booked on this track day  :) :)

I have also arranged for it to be dry but not too hot or too blindingly sunny  ::)

sanzomat

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 03, December, 2015, 12:24:28 AM

Can anyone shed any light on the bit about 'we do not allow slicks and wings' cos I am sure people at previous Llandow CKC days have used slicks (plus I have a wing on the rear of my car and I know it is usually at this track day in the past!)

Ring Ian Stent and ask him?

benchmark51

What you have to do is take a good black felt tip pen and draw treads on the tyres just before they check and fit a sneaky porsche wing that pops out when your moving and goes back in when you stop. ;D

Moleman

Lucky Ed

sanzomat

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 03, December, 2015, 05:47:03 PM
You got some slicks now then FHO?
Came with the car along with a set of new road/wets and a set of used road/track Yoko Advans  :)

welshy1

Moleman

Don't forget to book this through Ian Stent = http://www.completekitcar.co.uk/ckcomex.html  to guarantee your place mate.

Iancider
                                    Crash test dummy
                                    Moleman
                                    sanzomat
                                    Mr Tone
                                    Welshy1

Any more fot this then?  :)

Gary RH7

Might come along for a day out to support you guys.

Gary

CrisisWolf

Jagodo

I have booked to take my gold Dutton so that everyone will have someone to overtake!

Moleman

Cool nice to have you on board Jagodo.

Iancider
                                    Crash test dummy
                                    Moleman
                                    sanzomat
                                    Mr Tone
                                    Welshy1
                                    Jagodo

Don't forget to book this through Ian Stent = http://www.completekitcar.co.uk/ckcomex.html  to guarantee your place mate.

Any more fot this then?  :)