+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Video: Atom and Westfield at Cadwell

Started by robp, 06, November, 2015, 05:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robp

Here is a video of someone enjoy themselves at Cadwell Park in an Atom.  Ends badly unfortunately.

The Atom seems very tail-happy.  I wonder if they are all like that?  I'll be finding out for myself in a couple of weeks time.  I hope I can keep it in one piece though!  Looks like great fun.

The blue Westfield that passes looks just like DaveH's old motor.  Seems to be more planted in the corners.

Just seeing Cadwell in the sunshine makes me want to go back again!

SPAXIMUS

That looks awfully set. Unless he was deliberately trying to drift that is.

So have you bought one Rob, a guy who lives near me I know has one.

Jeff

Lucky Ed

Looks like he's got some old cross-plys on it :o

Can't be set up properly surely?

Great circuit though, can't wait to go back.

Facial Hair Optional

I see what you mean Rob. His rear end is a bit wayward! Those Atoms do seem to have quite a bit of weight slung right out at the back end though don't they?

Moleman

He was obviously trying to keep up with the westy around that corner but as you say it wasn't set up right to do so.

Yes Rob I want to go back there again now.  :)

Daley Down Under

Not sure what to make of that - well driven blue Westfield is my conclusion. Could well be David H's old motor (with DH at the wheel)

Camber Dave

Looks mechanical to me.

He looses the rear end under braking at 1:34: Has a big moment, same place 2 laps later.
It gets worse from about 5 min and without stopping to check it out it all looks a bit inevitable really.
Deflating L/H rear tyre, loose toe link or wrong rear tracking I reckon....

Iancider

Yes I could see general misbehaviour with the car but noted at 6:00 the problem getting progressively worse and he was holding off on the throttle unexpectedly in a coulple of places so I guess he was feeling something strange.  The Westy move was good and there was a bit of red mist wasn't there! Then that apparently progressive problem just got worse.  As the skid developed that heavy breaking really didn't help - it looked recoverable for a while.

Dave - he needs you help!

Ian

Brandy Barrel

If your going to keep your foot planted even after its gone too far then you,ll never get it recovered.

'The Gaffer'

I can confirm that is not Dave H's old Westy, close though.

That Atom certainly looked completely unsettled, and would I have driven on after a smack like that? Don't think so, could have been oil pissing out or metal bits all over the place ::).

Brandy Barrel

I think when you smack a car it's like panic,drive away and make sure all is ok, a sort of denial, if it drives it's not so bad. Its a weird feeling.
But always best to stay put, making sure no further damage is done to you or others.
It's a hard thing to do, get out and walk away until your recovered.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 09, November, 2015, 08:17:17 PM
I think when you smack a car it's like panic,drive away and make sure all is ok, a sort of denial, if it drives it's not so bad. Its a weird feeling.
But always best to stay put, making sure no further damage is done to you or others.
It's a hard thing to do, get out and walk away until your recovered.

I do understand what you are saying, its a sort of delayed shock type thing I guess and I've actually seen a few people try to drive away after a smash before with half their car hanging off.
I've had a few spins but touch wood never hit anything, hope I never do, and if I do I certainly hope I can resist trying to drive away.