+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Rule 1 once you are out on circuit.

Started by Moleman, 22, November, 2015, 08:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

I was going to be going to this track day but didn't book it in time but I thought I would show you this as Rule number one when you first go out on circuit, whether it will be your first time out or late in the afternoon, Always do a warm up lap to get heat into the tyres & brakes & a feel for what level of grip you have.  :)

Here is a few pictures of a guy who gunned it straight out of the pit lane & only got a few hundred yards. He took out the barrier as well as his mates M3  :'( but I'm glad to say everyone was ok.  8)

These things do happen to the best of us so please remember to do some warm up laps on every outing.  ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Yes I remember many years ago seeing a guy plough his brand new Ferrari race car straight into the armco at Quarry on his very first lap of his very first drive in it!! An expensive and very short day he had that day.

Crunchie Gears

That looks nasty!

I have to own to a mistake on my first lap at Bedford earlier this year.  I let a mate do my sighting laps as I thought I knew the circuit. ::). Seriously stupid!

I did not know that they had change the circuit and what was a flat out bend is now a tight 90 degrees left followed by a right.  I arrived at the new bend well too fast :o. Lost it a bit.  Very sideways picked it up again but needed to take the next corner on the grass ::)

No damage other than pride.  A good job my brother is made of stern stuff as he was the passenger LOL

Crunchie Gears

It can happen on the road too!

Last year, on a trip to the Alps, a mate in a Westfield set off first thing in the morning.  The road was cold and damp.  He put the power down and spun up the rear wheels and snaked down the road for 50m.  The was then a sharp bend.  Having warmed up his rear tyres and cold front Tyres he had an under steering monster and went straight on into a rock wall. :o

He went home on the next flight and his car on a recovery truck >:(. At least he did not hurt himself.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 22, November, 2015, 10:03:54 PM
It can happen on the road too!

Last year, on a trip to the Alps, a mate in a Westfield set off first thing in the morning.  The road was cold and damp.  He put the power down and spun up the rear wheels and snaked down the road for 50m.  The was then a sharp bend.  Having warmed up his rear tyres and cold front Tyres he had an under steering monster and went straight on into a rock wall. :o

He went home on the next flight and his car on a recovery truck >:(. At least he did not hurt himself.
I did the exact same thing in the same road conditions at some traffic lights locally in the Cossie beast, luckily there was no rock wall (or oncoming traffic) - scared the hell out of me though! The guy I was passing must have wondered what the hell I was playing at! I bet it looked cool from behind though, 'I see you baby, shaking that ass' !!  :o

Lucky Ed

Me too! I was at Pembrey for the first time on slicks, came out of the pits towards the hairpin a the end of the start/finish straight turned the wheel and went straight on, down the escape road :o DOH!

Facial Hair Optional

Combe last time was my 1st ever track day (as most of you found out!) but I was gobsmacked at how those R888s switched on after about 2 or 3 good laps. Quite stunning the difference in grip, the car just seemed to totally change like a switch had been flicked. Brilliant, I loved it!

I have a set of Yoko Advans with the Asbo, I hope they are as good.

Moleman

We all go off every now & then Crunchie Gears it's called pushing the limit.  ;)