+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Drifting, drifting, drifting...........

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 23, November, 2015, 11:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Had the gas man come today to do a gas service and safety certificate om my gas fire boiler. Nice guy. Turns out he is one of the drift exhibition guys from the Combe track days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8) 8) 8) 8)

It took him ages to do the gas, we spent two hours talking about track cars, drift cars, kit cars (he used to buy and do up Robin Hoods to sell on!), bike engined cars and anything else to do with cars, cars and more cars!!

He showed me the picture of the M3 that got trashed at Combe the other day (the one posted on this fourm), the guy did it coming out of the pit exit! They ended up having to bulid a tyre chicane on the straight so people could carry on with the track day the damage was that bad.

Anyway, I reckon I may well get a free drift car ride next year at Combe!  :D

He made a very good point about number plates. The pictures were all over the web almost instantly and cos the number plate was visible and he (allegedly) had no track insurance, he wont be able to make a dodgey claim. £8k at least down that drain as the car was a right off!  :(

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 23, November, 2015, 11:48:31 PM
He made a very good point about number plates. The pictures were all over the web almost instantly and cos the number plate was visible and he (allegedly) had no track insurance, he wont be able to make a dodgey claim. £8k at least down that drain as the car was a right off!  :(

Apparently the insurance companies trawl through trackday photos and social media for evidence of dodgy goings on, so taking your number plates off isn't going to make much difference. Someone, somewhere is going to post about it before the day is out anyway.

Facial Hair Optional

SPAXIMUS

That would be Richard Grayling I suspect who did your boiler. He is a pretty handy driver at this drifting malarkey.

The insurance companies are brighter or more sneaky than they used to be. It was often claimed that those who had an off would get put in a ditch some miles away, so they could claim. They got wise to this and do indeed watch social media for news.

There was one at Combe a few years ago where a young guy wrote off an R6 Audi estate and tried to claim it was an accident IIRC. Whatever, it was all over youtube etc so he hadn't a hope in hell and ended up seriously out of pocket

Moleman

FHO that is why you will see some people tape their number plates up.  Or even put a different one on.  ;)

sanzomat

I was thinking about taking mine off but for a completely different reason - to get more air through the rad intake!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 24, November, 2015, 08:38:40 PM
FHO that is why you will see some people tape their number plates up.  Or even put a different one on.  ;)
I have never noticed Colin! Sneaky!