+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Javelin sprint series

Started by welshy1, 21, January, 2016, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshy1

Hi im entering in the full series run by javelin its a step up from track days with a more competitive format and series standings too. Atm there is 5 cars booked in within the kit car class so would be great if more could be tempted to join the series or individual rounds.

Price is £139 and the first round is at blyton park 3rd april.

http://www.javelinsprintdays.co.uk/JTSS/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=50

Iancider

I guess you have experience of that track welshy1 - what can you tell us about it.

Ian

welshy1

Quote from: Iancider on 21, January, 2016, 09:16:12 PM
I guess you have experience of that track welshy1 - what can you tell us about it.

Ian

Ive been yes good fun track pretty quick track and some really challenging sections the first chicane is taken pretty quick but can cost a lot of time if done wrong. The back straight is fast im doing 100mph before going into the braking zones either side of the chicane half way down. Last section is fantastic its very much like the sweeping section at becketts at Silverstone very fast left right left. If never been before would say to do a track day first to learn the track first.

Iancider

That was good.  Anticlockwise tacks are rare.  Perhaps a good chance to put some wear on the right-hand tyres!

Ian

'The Gaffer'

Good luck in the series welshy 8)

Keep us updated with your endeavour.

foggy@smr

Hope to get a couple in towards the end of the year, as this year is a 'get used to it', and want to get some practice in before full on sprinting event...
Best of luck and will keep an eye out for ya ...  :)

welshy1

Quote from: foggy@smr on 22, January, 2016, 03:35:49 PM
Hope to get a couple in towards the end of the year, as this year is a 'get used to it', and want to get some practice in before full on sprinting event...
Best of luck and will keep an eye out for ya ...  :)

Let me know what events your going too will pop over in the paddock for a chat.

welshy1

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 22, January, 2016, 10:31:58 AM
Good luck in the series welshy 8)

Keep us updated with your endeavour.

Will do car is out atm with g19 having the turbo conversion finished so will get that back and then fit the new wildwood 4 pot calipers then and some new tyres. Looking at times last year at events specially at blyton park and my times when I was n/a should be within the top 5 in lap times overall. So will be in contention for the championship. But will keep the group updated.

Moleman

Good luck with it all & keep us posted. I just like doing track days myself as I know I wouldn't be able to commit to a full series.  8)

welshy1

Best I update this picked the car up from g19 slight issue with the rolling road run meant we couldn't get a full power run but the car feels great. Little video from g19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL2ihsX4G_8&feature=share

Back and the unit more pics of the conversion

Fitted the new 4 pot calipers discs and pads

Also to aid in cooling cut more holes in the front nose cone and fitted bonnet vents to let the hot air out will also be lining the underneath of the bonnet as its fiberglass in a heat reflective tape to stop the bonnet catching fire from the heat off the downpipe.

Also fitted a new set of federal rsr tyres and some boot catches to the tank cover.

First track day next weekend at llandow.

Moleman

Looking good mate, I hope you get it sorted soon. I can't wait to see it at Llandow.  8)

sanzomat

looking good. I bet that'll fly!

Crunchie Gears

Whoa. That has shiny bits on  ;D.

Looks the business  :P. Wish you well for the season.

welshy1

Quote from: Moleman on 16, February, 2016, 08:48:05 PM
Looking good mate, I hope you get it sorted soon. I can't wait to see it at Llandow.  8)

Its having a shake down next weekend so will see how it gets on expecting some issues for a new set up but that why ive booked a date so close to home.

welshy1

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 16, February, 2016, 09:16:34 PM

Cheers im booked in for the first round at blyton 3rd april track ive been on before so got good knoweldeg of the track just got to relearn my driving style.

welshy1

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: welshy1 on 16, February, 2016, 10:32:57 PM

Cheers im booked in for the first round at blyton 3rd april track ive been on before so got good knoweldeg of the track just got to relearn my driving style.

Do let us know how it goes ;D

welshy1

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 16, February, 2016, 10:44:48 PM
Quote from: welshy1 on 16, February, 2016, 10:32:57 PM

Do let us know how it goes ;D

Will keep this page updated after each round so far there are 2 other cars in my group a ralt libre single seater thing and a mk indy powered by a hyabusa engine so should be pretty close expecting sub 1.10 lap at blyton hoping to get into the 1.08

welshy1

Well llandow track day didn't go to plan the good news is I matched my lap time from last year with it n/a and tbh wasn't even trying that hard downsides is a big oil leak think its crank oil seal and the 6 speed gearbox which is crap so will swap it back over to the 5 speed.

But did manage to get the brakes bedded in along with the tyres so not all bad stripping it down tomorrow find the problem and sort it out during the week.

Moleman

Llandow is good for bedding in your tyres that's for sure. Hope the swap goes ok with no problems.  :)

welshy1

Quote from: Moleman on 27, February, 2016, 05:03:55 PM
Llandow is good for bedding in your tyres that's for sure. Hope the swap goes ok with no problems.  :)

It certainly is, going to strip it apart tomorrow see what I need.

welshy1

Well managed to get to rockingham after finishing the car on the Saturday with a bit of tunning work on the ecu and what a day no problems at all and was the quickest car there along with a pair of stripped out e46 m3. Learned a lot with it and got a few tweaks ready for the sprint series.

sanzomat

Glad it worked! Always good when your hard work comes together. Good luck with the sprint series - keep us posted!

welshy1

Well first rd has come and gone and would love to give you all an update but the car was in no fit state to run massively overfueling the day before at spring action day meant I had to miss the first round.

Hoping to make the 2nd one if all goes to plan to fix the issue.