+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Formula One on Channel 4 etc etc...??

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 14, March, 2016, 09:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

I only found out by accident when I saw a trailer for the show that F1 is now gonna be on channel 4. How the hell did the happen, and when?

Are Eddy, DC and the rest going with it? I noticed it still had the same theme, The Chain by Fleetwood Mac.

The BBC kept that quiet didn't they? I don't recall them saying anything about them not showing it at the end of last seasons tv showings??

Do any of you guys know any more than I do?

benchmark51

I knew it was going to 4. Apparently ej is joining the new top gear. Don't know if he's leaving F1 job. I live in hope.

SPAXIMUS

It is because the BBC decided that watching racing cars was not worth the money, when you can have programmes about climate change and how to bake a cake for a lot less.

The main team and DC have gone. but it was said the EJ was on big money with the BBC hence them getting use out of him for TG.

Will it be any good, well if they have overtaking again might be, if it is processional as the last few years have been, then it won't matter if there are adverts will it.

Lucky Ed

Some say.......... the revenue form Top Gear was pretty much the same as the cost of F1. Principles eh!

robp

Yes, EJ and DC are both moving over from the Beeb to Channel 4 for the F1 together with Ben Edwards and Lee McKenzie.  Susie Perry is back to MotoGP, this time with BT Sport.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: robp on 15, March, 2016, 09:39:34 AM
Yes, EJ and DC are both moving over from the Beeb to Channel 4 for the F1 together with Ben Edwards and Lee McKenzie.  Susie Perry is back to MotoGP, this time with BT Sport.

Oh dear. I was hoping they'd ditch DC and EJ tbh. They can do my head in at times. I got Sky F1 just because of them!! You can't beat a bit of Brundle!

Iancider

Whatever happens I will follow Susie Perry!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 16, March, 2016, 11:18:33 PM
Whatever happens I will follow Susie Perry!

I can see a court banning order coming your way Ian! I have to say though that Susie in in excellent shape for her year model  :)

sanzomat

I've missed her on MotoGP too. The riders always seemed to have a good banter with her on the grid walks. Niall Mackenzie seems a bit clumsy in comparison.

wacky

Quote from: sanzomat on 17, March, 2016, 05:23:11 PM
I've missed her on MotoGP too. The riders always seemed to have a good banter with her on the grid walks. Niall Mackenzie seems a bit clumsy in comparison.

Agree.

Also, with the F1 coverage on channel 4, the adverts are so annoying and come so frequently.  I didn't realise that they would have adverts during the race when showing the race highlights. :(

benchmark51

F1 on ch4 is going to be pretty much temporary anyway and will only feature 10 races. Sky has now got the exclusive rights to F1 as from 2019. So you'll have to pay for it. P.M cost has just risen £2.75 to nearly 30 quid. TBH F1 just isn't that good anymore.