+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Big Shake down tomorrow.

Started by Moleman, 17, March, 2016, 08:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

Bri I have already repaired the sheared bolts on the hub & the new wishbone has arrived too so I can now get on with rebuilding the suspension & wheel assembly.
The radiator is at Arrow Radiators & will be ready by middle of next week (even with the modification he is doing for me)
As for the bonnet it will take about 6 weeks to arrive so it will be cutting it fine for Stoneleigh.
I have however set plan B into action & have started on doing a bodge job rebuild just so I can do the track day in April.

I have fibreglassed the inside while on the car to give it some shape again. Then I will spend some evenings trying to make the outside good enough for now.

benchmark51

dunno if this is of any interest to you, I think he's a locost builders member as there is westfield bodywork advertised there. Only in WSM.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westfield-Bodywork-/262345297079?hash=item3d14ff8cb7:g:8v4AAOSwr7ZW76r5

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 22, March, 2016, 04:25:55 PM
Yep, thats more or less what happened. Except, he wasn't quite that active when he got out. Either he had a slight injury causing a bit of a limp, or his pants were full. :o  :-[ ;D

Was there anything leaking out of the bottom of his leggings Dave?  :o

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 22, March, 2016, 09:19:38 PM
dunno if this is of any interest to you, I think he's a locost builders member as there is westfield bodywork advertised there. Only in WSM.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Westfield-Bodywork-/262345297079?hash=item3d14ff8cb7:g:8v4AAOSwr7ZW76r5

I'm pretty sure I saw that advertised earlier today HERE ON THE FORUM!!!! Narrow body Westy I think? Is that no good Colin? Felt damned narrow when I got in it at Combe last Friday!!  :P :P

Facial Hair Optional

Moleman

Thanks guys but I need the FW front end.  :)

paintman

I might be able to get it repaired professionally for you Colin. ::)

Gav (my son) is doing glassing on a Lotus 19 F1 car and a complete restoration on a Marcos at the moment. ::)......if
you get really stuck.

Moleman

Thanks mate that is very kind but I have the new one on it's way & I'm doing a little rebuild on the old one right now just for the track day in April.

Suspension back up together.

I have now reinforced the inside

I have removed all the cracked Gel coat

Now for the filling & sanding before I put some fibreglass twirl on the top for some more strengthening.

Gary RH7

Hey Col, after all the stick are you going to spray it yellow again :P :P :P
How about red and white or even black and white. Don't know why I thought of those colours :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 26, March, 2016, 10:18:58 PM
Hey Col, after all the stick are you going to spray it yellow again :P :P :P
How about red and white or even black and white. Don't know why I thought of those colours :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

He can't do that. He'd have to spray the van as well if he did ::) :P

8)

Moleman

I haven't thought that far ahead. It's just to get me to the track day.  I might even keep it as a track day bonnet if I can get a matching hinge :)

Facial Hair Optional

You could have some fun with that old nosecone mate, how about orange and white striped cones with a line through like the old WW2 planes did to mark how many kills they had achieved? Or you could spray your name on it, or your wife's name even!

foggy@smr

Moleman. ... Just popped over a friends house to drop off a battery, and he has a new FW nose cone in his garage... Drop me a pm if it's any use too you and can get you details....

damouk

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 27, March, 2016, 07:17:47 PM
You could have some fun with that old nosecone mate, how about orange and white striped cones with a line through like the old WW2 planes did to mark how many kills they had achieved? Or you could spray your name on it, or your wife's name even!

What's Dave doing with those swastikas

Facial Hair Optional

Whatever he's up to he is finding it quite amusing!

Moleman

That is a really good idea Gary.  8)

That is just sods law that someone knows of one going just after you bought one. Thanks I will send you a PM for the details though.  :D

sanzomat

I think it will look really great just left with the filler showing for track days - a few battle scars show intent! Keep your new bonnet for shows etc and change back to the rough one for track days. A few comedy cone stickers or even an extra hornet would set it off great IMHO.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 28, March, 2016, 04:50:26 PM
I think it will look really great just left with the filler showing for track days - a few battle scars show intent! Keep your new bonnet for shows etc and change back to the rough one for track days. A few comedy cone stickers or even an extra hornet would set it off great IMHO.

Have to agree, can't fault that logic Dave.

Iancider

Shabby chic is all the rage Moleman - you could just leave it and gain applause from those with an artistic eye!

You've done a pretty good job there by the look of it!

Moleman

Funny you should say that Dave I already got my spare hornet sticker out of the cupboard.  :)
I think I might have to source some Cone & tyre wall stickers.  :) 

Facial Hair Optional

Excellent finds there Dave! I really like the plaster ones (or do we have to call them Band Aids these days?)

Facial Hair Optional

Moleman

Well the repair is going well. I have now reinforced the outside to replace the gel coat filled & sanded the bonnet.

Then sprayed it.

Then I spent some time straightening the grill & gave that a fresh coat of paint.

Then fixed the grill into the bonnet as well as another transfer now that this one doesn't need the numberplate as this will be my track day bonnet. as it is a little bit misshapen.

Also put the new modified radiator on so it's up & running.

So all done ready for the new ARB to be finished.

Facial Hair Optional

Oooh, I like it like that mate! Very mean and moody. Keep it that way!! I don't know why the grill in picture 4 has a smirk on it's face though!

benchmark51

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 04, April, 2016, 10:21:28 PM
Oooh, I like nit like that mate! Very mean and moody. Keep it that way!! I don't know why the grill in picture 4 has a smirk on it's face though!

That's because it has no lights fitted.
How about these, you can get them out the way when not in use.

Facial Hair Optional