Forgot your password?

New CKC/Omex Trackday - Sat Sept 18th - Llandow

Started by 'The Gaffer', 22, July, 2010, 12:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Email from Ian Stent...

Hi all,

Just a quick email to let you know that we are holding another track day at the excellent Llandow circuit in Wales on Saturday 18th September.

Once again, we can hold the cost to just £95 per car and driver, with additional CKC Subs Club membership discounts available, making it a terrific value day to really see what your car can do. As before, CKC and Omex will be offering lunch and refreshments to all those booked into the event. Please be sure to book your place as soon as possible, since the last two events have been sell outs, with all 35 places taken.

(Phil edit) 5 or more BKCC members without CKC subscription) and we will get discount = £75 each. (End edit)

To book your place, if you are a CKC subscriber either phone me or email your interest (along with a contact number) and I'll give you a buzz to get your details.

If you are a BKCC member but not a CKC subscriber, put your name down in this thread for your discount

Adam and I from the magazine will be on hand, along with Richard and Helen Wragg from Omex.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Many thanks

Ian

mattsmev

I have put my name down.  I went to the last one and enjoyed it loads, its well run, lunch is provided and you get loads of track time

Will any one else be going?

Cheers

Mattsmev

'The Gaffer'

I really enjoyed the last one, very well run and friendly.

Hope to do this one as well.

Richard

Let's see how I get on first, got a long list of tweaks to do.
Based on IVA test drive setup is pretty good to start with but needs a little tweaking and obviously not clicked up to track settings yet.

Daley Down Under

Hoping to do this one but in Australia for the previous 2 weeks so will have to see how the jet lag is.

Adrian

Krazyken

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Krazyken on 12, August, 2010, 08:35:36 PM
Dave Bence & I have booked today.

I was hoping to get a few names down from the club to get our discount.

mattsmev

Oh, I did not know we could get a discount, perhaps they will give some money back... Doubt it.

Anyway, could we form a convoy, perhaps meet at Aust services or something?

Cheers

Mattsmev

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: mattsmev on 25, August, 2010, 12:34:48 PM
Oh, I did not know we could get a discount, perhaps they will give some money back... Doubt it.

Mattsmev

Haha, yeah I dont think so ;). Must see if theres a spare space and book it quick.

ianckc

Hi All,

Looking forward to seeing a few of you at the trackday. We have offered some club discounts in the past, so long as there has been a minimum booking number of, say five cars. That discount would equate to the discount we offer existing CKC Subs Club members. In other words, £75 instead of £95. If the club would like to take advantage of this I'm more than happy to amend prices to anyone who is a member and who has already booked independently. I would suggest that to make the most of the discount, CKC subscribers book independently (because they already get the discount), leaving those who are not subscribers to CKC to take advantage of the club booking discount. Can I leave it to you as a club to approach me with the group booking? As I say, I'd need a minimum of five to be able to offer the discount, so if you can gather those yourselves and then let me know, I'm happy to offer the discounted price. It's a fun day and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. You can contact me on 01823 335443. Cheers. Ian at CKC.

'The Gaffer'

Hi Ian and welcome to the club.

CKC subscribers but BKCC members going to the trackday.

1.  Mattsmev
2.  Dave Bence
3.  Krazy Ken Robson

BKCC members but non CKC subscribers going to the trackday.

1.  G & Toniq
2.  Mr Tone
3.  Hairy Santa

Who else is up for this trackday, its very safe and well organised, plus all experience levels are catered for separately at the begining so you're not dropped in at the deep end.

ianckc

I think you are all subscribers! That's great for CKC, but doesn't really make use of the discount, as we can't offer that on top of the subs club discount! We had a few others from the club last time around, so would be great to see some new faces in addition to the regulars :)

Ian

mattsmev

Hi G&T

As Ian says I am already a subscriber, so i already get the discount, but it is good of Ian to offer the discount to any one who has already booked, what a kind offer.

for any one who is undecided, i can recommend the day thoroughly, the circuit looks easy in the pictures, but is far more interesting in real life.  I have also found a track day with all kits to be better than sharing a track with tin tops.  the atmosphere is really good, very relaxed and it does not matter how fast you are.  There were lots of cars faster than me but there is plenty of room to get out of the way so no problems are caused.

Me and a fellow MEV owner will probably go from the circuit straight up to stafford for the Stafford Car Show on the Saturday night.  Does any one fancy joining in if the weather is good?

Also, does any one fancy meeting at Aust services (or anywhere else) for a convoy run down to Llandow?  I like safety in numbers

Cheers

mattsmev

'The Gaffer'

Couldent agree more Matts.

I may be interested in the show afterwards, weather & time dependant.

Convoy definately, lets see what numbers we get :)

Krazyken

Phil

I can confirm that both Dave Bence & I are CKC subscribers and paid £75 each.  Although we have both driven Llandow before this is the first time we have booked on the CKC/Omex track day.

Hope this helps

Ken

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, August, 2010, 05:54:11 PM
Hi Ian and welcome to the club.

1.  Mattsmev
2.  Dave Bence
3.  Krazy Ken Robson

1.  G & Toniq
2.  Mr Tone

Who else is up for this trackday, its very safe and well organised, plus all experience levels are catered for separately at the begining so you're not dropped in at the deep end.

Can you put me down for this please  Phil - how do I pay ?
is there a convoy yet

'The Gaffer'

Well done Pete :).

Ian from CKC will contact you in due course for your payment details.

1.  Mattsmev
2.  Dave Bence
3.  Krazy Ken Robson

1.  G & Toniq
2.  Mr Tone
3.  Hairy Santa
4.  Weths
5.  Marty

Weths

Hi Guys,

I am new to this site having purchased a Tiger R6 about 5 months ago. I have done a few track days and am interested in this one - how do I proceed to book?
I co own the car with a friend so is it possible for us both to book on the day?

Cheers

Weths

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Weths on 29, August, 2010, 11:30:09 AM
Hi Guys,

I am new to this site having purchased a Tiger R6 about 5 months ago. I have done a few track days and am interested in this one - how do I proceed to book?
I co own the car with another BKCC member so is it possible for us both to book on the day?

Cheers

Weths

PM sent :)

'The Gaffer'

1.  Mattsmev
2.  Dave Bence
3.  Krazy Ken Robson

1.  G & Toniq
2.  Mr Tone
3.  Hairy Santa
4.  Weths
5.  Marty

Daley Down Under

Afraid its a no from me - flight lands at Heathrow at lunchtime on that Saturday.  Still reckon we should organise our own at llandow

Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Hey, thats life Adrian. Have a great holiday bud!!

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 31, August, 2010, 12:23:20 AM
Still reckon we should organise our own at llandow

I'm up for that if we can get the numbers up.

Daley Down Under

If only it was holiday.  When I'm back I'll get hold of John (chief marshal) and see what the deal is

Adrian

mattsmev

Hi all

I contacted the track to ask about child passengers.  you can take a passenger as long as they are over 12 and taller than 1.5m.  thought you may want to know.

Miss mattsmev may also attend now i know they will let her be my passenger.

Cheers

mattsmev

'The Gaffer'

BKCC mambers attending this trackday...

1.  Mattsmev
2.  Dave Bence
3.  Krazy Ken Robson

1.  G & Toniq
2.  Mr Tone
3.  Hairy Santa
4.  Weths
5.  Marty
6.  YZFMINI
7.  MilesH
8.  BerniH

'The Gaffer'

Only a few more places left, get your names down fast if you want a great day out.

Vid from last years event

Few laps in an IndyBlade

This track event is ideal for beginers and experienced drivers alike :).

bernih

hi Ian,

Put me down as a definite please.

Looking forward to it.

Bernie

mattsmev

I have also put this post on the Stafford show thread

Currently my plan is to take my MEV and Mondeo to Llandow with mrs and miss mattsmev, then for mrs mattsmev to drive back to Corsham with track day stuff (tyres, jack,petrol etc) and me to take the MEV to Stafford on the Saturday night for camping and the show on the Sunday - miss mattsmev as yet undecided.  I'll obviously drive back to Corsham on Sunday afternoon.

Any one fancy joining me?

davidwilliams

HI JUST JOINED CLUB LIVE IN SOUTH WALES INTERESTED IN COMING DOWN TO LLANDOW TO MEET UP. MY ROBINHOOD NOT FINISHED YET(POOR THING BEEN OUTSIDE UNDER WRAPS FOR THREE YEARS :() WHAT TIME IS IT AND HOW DO I GET IN  Dave

'The Gaffer'

Hi Dave and welcome to the club. If you have 5 mins please introduce yourself and tell us a little about your car.

From what you say, you want to come and spectate? If so, sorry I'm not really sure as waiting for final details from CKC / Omex. I am guessing that the event will kick off with a briefing at about 9.00am. Keep an eye on this thread for more details.

PS Could you please lose the capital letters, they can be seen as 'SHOUTING' thanks.

robp

Quote from: mattsmev on 25, August, 2010, 12:34:48 PM

Anyway, could we form a convoy, perhaps meet at Aust services or something?

Cheers

Mattsmev

So, are you chaps meeting up before and travelling in convoy?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: robp on 16, September, 2010, 10:10:50 AM
So, are you chaps meeting up before and travelling in convoy?

Yes Rob :) Are you joining us?

OK convoy meet.

Meet 06.45 - leave 07.00 from outside Halfords Eastgate Retail Park (Nr Tesco) bottom of Muller road. Then straight onto M32 / M4.

Second meet point - Aust service station on M4 at 07.20.

Onto Llandow, arrive approx 08.30 for gates open.

Drivers briefing at 09.10.

YZFMINI

Don't wait for me or BurnieH as im meeting him at his house at 7 then were on our way.
So we'll probably catch you or see you there.

Yzfmini

robp

Quote from: G & Toniq on 17, September, 2010, 12:38:36 AM

Yes Rob :) Are you joining us?

Yes, hopefully meet you guys tomorrow morning at Halfords and travel to Wales together.  I haven't got it signed of by SHMBO yet so if I'm not there then feel free to head off.

dave_bence

I'll be trundling along with the trailer, so I'll see you all at the circuit.

Hairy Santa

Toniq loaded on to trailer and driving the Mac1 over, so will prob stay with the towing motor, but might see you all enroute 

Hairy Santa

We all had a great time , and brill company, quite a few of the club there, even though we did have a couple of setbacks

Must admit those longer than normal corners do push me a bit past my comfort zone - but time will tell  :-[

so whens the next one  ;) next weekend

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 18, September, 2010, 09:06:05 PM
We all had a great time , and brill company, quite a few of the club there, even though we did have a couple of setbacks

Must admit those longer than normal corners do push me a bit past my comfort zone - but time will tell  :-[

so whens the next one  ;) next weekend

Just spotted my tech info at bottom of my page and had to have a little chuckle  ???

'The Gaffer'

Well what a fantastic day and a great club turnout :) The weather was brilliant too.

A big thanks to CKC & Omex for setting this event up, not to mention the Llandow circuit crew who made the day safe and organised. Looking forward to the next one already.

Just a few cars in the pits. There were 36 cars I believe, a sell out event - BKCC members were 12 of them :)

And a few BKCC members having a chat

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 18, September, 2010, 09:08:06 PM
Just spotted my tech info at bottom of my page and had to have a little chuckle  ???

:)) :)) :)) I thought we all did pretty well though.