+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe exclusive BKCC / BPMC track session

Started by 'The Gaffer', 22, September, 2010, 11:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

This looks interesting.. 23rd Oct 2010. But same Saturday as the Exeter Kit Car Show Saturday.

Quote from Krazy Ken's email to me..

I have made enquiries as to whether there can be an exclusive BPMC/BKCC track session during a lunch time break during the Stroke Association Day.  The response is as follows: -

An exclusive 40 minute session can be arranged for use by both clubs.  This will consist of 2 x 20 min sessions, a max of 10 cars on track per session, max noise of 100dB per car @ 4500rpm (usual combe noise rules) cost per car of £30 per 20 minute session.  Each session must be full so that £600 is generated for the Stroke Association during the lunch period otherwise they will run straight through.

If you believe you can sell this to your members at £30 for 20mins with only 10 cars on track (a bargain I'm sure you'll agree) then please put this up on your forums and email out to your members.  The £600 will be required a week in advance of the event (23rd October) payable to the Stroke Association to secure the slot.

End quote - As you can see this conflicts with the Exeter Kit Car Show on Saturday 23rd Oct but I'm prepared to give it a go and do the show on Sunday.

We need 20 cars between the Pegasus club and us to make this work.

Anyone else up for this? Not only a track session but your £30 includes entrance into the days event.

Dont forget, this is a charitable event, so not to be confused with a normal track day - just 10 cars on track at one time..

I am interested, but see http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?topic=999.msg9427;topicseen#new for more info on the days events.

Looks like a great day out to me but will the Exeter Kit Car Show win over. You tell me.

Grin-a-lot

Two 20 min sessions appeals to me as i've never put my own car on a track (only other people's).  I'd need to get the noise level checked but I can do that this weekend and if it passes then i'd be up for it...

Krazyken

BPMC have filled their 10 places, is there any interest from the BKCC or will the Exeter Kit Car Show take precendence?

'The Gaffer'

Sorry Ken, Exeter show has the edge with lots of us going :(

David H

Exeter show for me even though I would love to thrash it round Combe again. I need to get my years supply of microfibre