AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

GOME Mallory Park - 21st June - WE DID IT!!

Started by Krazyken, 22, May, 2010, 07:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazyken

Well Dave Bence and I competed in the Guild of Motor Endurance 6 hours at Mallory Park yesterday and it was hot - very hot!!  You will be able to read all about our exploits in Complete Kit Car when it comes out in a few months time as our Team Manager was Adam Wilkins the Features Editor who will make it into a multi page article.

We had our fair share of incidents with the sister Marlin 5EXi of John Dry & Nick Saunders having a spin at full speed in front of us around Gerrards, they were very lucky to keep it out of the barriers.  They were then out of action for a few hours whilst they repaired the pulley that had failed having to drill out the sheared off bolts.  I managed to go off track twice but both times managed to keep control on the grass and rejoin the track.  They just don't make these circuits wide enough.

We finished totally exhausted from 6 hours in our mobile saunas (Marlin cockpits) but totally exhilerated at the same time.  We achieved lap times with Edwinas chichane as part of the circuit of 1:04 for me and 1:08 for Dave who was being cautious driving my car.  All I can say is when they run this event again in 2 years time - just do it, life is too short not to. 

David H

Christ, if i was to do 6 hours i'd need a new engine, gearbox, diff, brakes, definately tyres. Fair shout, i'll do it in 2 years, sounds fun. well done!

'The Gaffer'

Well done guys, sounds like a fantastic if not exhausting day :)

Krazyken

All of the pictures and write ups are now in from the event and a Multi Page Feature of the day with be in the August edition of COMPLETE KIT CAR which comes out the 3rd week in August. 

So if you want to see how Dave Bence & I got on be sure to get your copy.