News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

trailer wheels wanted

Started by benchmark51, 14, May, 2018, 09:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

I'm after a pair of trailer wheels. I think they are mini ones they are marked 5.20 S 10 on the tyres and they are 100 pcd. anyone got any please.

benchmark51

Managed to get wheels ok and put new tyres on. All went well for about 2000 miles and then had a major blow out on the motorway just outside of Bucharest. In true F1 style, it destroyed bodywork(mudguard)! Managed to limp off the motorway and found a farmer type who flogged me a pair of wheels and tyres off of one of his trailers(100 euro). So my 5 x 4 trailer now has 12 inch wheels and ruddy great knobbly tyres! Still, got me rolling again and now I'm in SE Bulgaria. Enjoying up to 30 degrees temp and rather nice beer at a pound a litre.

'The Gaffer'

Wow!! Quite an adventure so far then. Don't forget to stay in touch and post up some piccies.

benchmark51

Yes it is Phil! Took almost 6 hours to get to Dover, with the weather and accidents ect. Got over to Calais and lost internet connection >:(. So did the whole journey without gps  ::) . Managed to get a map which was near useless. e.g. Liege, south of Brussels as written on the map, is written Liuk on the road signs ???. The Trannyvan didn't miss a beat the whole way and still up to the max level on the dipstick.

fullpint

Not to many issues then DAve.. Glad to hear the good old Transit performed.. So you now have a trailer fit for off-roading :)

benchmark51

Yes, but with a lot of roads over here it's like off-roading anyway! lol. Without satnav, I've been right through the centres of Brussels, Budapest and Bucharest, what fun that was. How's your kit, behaving itself I hope?

fullpint

Cyclone is running great now. Over 2,000 miles covered since the transplant .. Used it every day for the past two weeks ..

benchmark51

Ahh good, that's more like it. :). I spotted a 7, not far from where I'm living! Will try and find the owner later.