News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello.......Again :-)

Started by BoostLee, 16, June, 2018, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoostLee

Well Hello again everyone.
Its been a long time . It was way back in 2013 when i first introduced myself.
So whats happen since then,
Well i still love the 7 style cars and still don't have one :-(.
On the plus side i have moved and now have a garage all be it not a full one but hopefully big enough.
I did sell my S13 200sx  but with a kid on the way it wasn't the time for a 7.
The compromise if you can call it that was a manual 300zx tt .
It was a little rough around the edges due to the price range i was in but man did i love the car.
Another year along and with baby number 2 on the way i took a very sensible pill and bought a Honda accord diesel estate. 
Having put the dream of a 7 long on hold for that time when the kids have grown up and have saved some money away lol.
Well saving money has never been a strong point and this would have realistically taken some kind of miracle.
Well in a kind of blessing in disguise kind of way that is happening.
I have worked for the same company for some 12 years now and the company is in liquidation . Fortunately for me a new was in the process of buying us anyway and after some 6 months it happening next week and they are keeping me :-)
So this means that i am getting some redundancy money.
Now i know its not going to be a fortune but from what i have worked out on the gov site it will be enough to finally seriously look to fore fill this dream.
Right to business . My budget will be 3 to 3.5k Maybe, maybe 4k for the right one.
I know if i wait till winter i would get more for my money but as said im not the best at saving and i've waited long enough.
With two young kids i don't really have the time to build or finish building one so will be looking for a ready to drive option.
SO whats out there ? what should i look for and what should be avoided?
Next what is the rough dimensions of a 7 style car ? so i can check my garage.
Look forward to your replies and joining the ranks soon

Lee

fullpint

Join the Kit Car facebook forum. Always a couple 7 based cars that pop up :)

BoostLee

Thanks for the welcome.
I have joined kidney on Facebook and sent a request to join this clubs Facebook page a week or so ago but am still waiting to be approved.
Is there any others you would recommend??

benchmark51

Welcome back. You seem to be in a position almost opposite to mine. I had a locost 7 (ratbag) and when I lost access to my lock up, I hastily built a galvanised shed to keep it in. But after 2 years of being unable to work on it properly I sold it on. :'(. For about a year after that I had a Quantum +2, which had a roof, lockable doors and all the comforts, heater, cd changer ect. Also hard and soft tops. Overall it was quite a nice little kit, not very fast (100 'ish) but a daily runabout that was a bit of fun. Same cheap kitcar insurance as well at 130 quid fully comp. Alas I have sold that one now as I have moved to sunny Bulgaria. Hoping to start a new kit as soon as possible. I have seen 1 seven over here, not too far away from me but have yet to meet the owner.

As far as garage size is concerned, the bigger the better. If your in to kit cars, you will never have enough room!  Dave

fullpint

Quote from: BoostLee on 18, June, 2018, 11:04:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome.
I have joined kidney on Facebook and sent a request to join this clubs Facebook page a week or so ago but am still waiting to be approved.
Is there any others you would recommend??
I use this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/128498247234680/

'The Gaffer'

Hello again BoostLee. Hope you have been keeping well.

BoostLee

Lol 😁 just spotted my spelling mistake.
Kidney = Kitnet stupid predictive txt lol.
Thanks for the link - I have joined up :-)
Yeah things are good thanks Gaffer.
Growing family and promotion at work.
Thought the liquidation was unsettling the new company has officially taken over now and I am safe. Just waiting now for a nice letter from the government then shopping time ;-)

BoostLee

So the redundancy claim has gone in now.
So just an undoubtedly long wait now till I'll be shopping B-)

fullpint

Been thru that a couple of times!! Paid off at the govement capped amount.. Totally wrong  >:(

BoostLee

As luck ish would have it I was just under the cap. But yeah for 12 years work it isn't another. However it is enough for me to finally get a 7 B-)
I've just had confirmation of my claim being accepted and how much I'm going to receive. It should be in my bank within 4working day's.  So the hunt is on.