Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Its Karting Time Again

Started by 'The Gaffer', 03, October, 2010, 01:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

drivemojo

Thanks for the heads up - i don't normally wear a jumper but i might have to dig one out.

K315 VXT

thanks for a great night, Im bloody sore today though... had to shoot off before the end, did the Whacky Racers come in 11th in the end????

Does anyone have details of the photographer there last night??

Cheers

A very sore Kelvin

'The Gaffer'

Haha yeah I had a few aches and pains this morning too.

Good to see you all there and I think it would be fair to say we had a good time. Thanks Ken for setting up the event.

The photographer can be found on www.ffvp.net  .He said pics will become live soon and you will have to email him with your choice.

Roll on the next one :)

peetee

Yep, great night! No aches or pains this morning at all. Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough? Although not sure i could have gone any faster than a 32.0? How they were doing 30.9 is beyond me? Thanks to Ken for organising and to my awesome team! Great driving everyone. Best moment of the night was Phil for putting that bloke into the barriers after he tried to take Phil out. Absolute class! Oh, and Dave H for his black flags 'moments'. Very funny!

drivemojo

Whacky Racers did indeed finish 11th :) Good stuff.

I'm with you on that Pete, managed a 32.007 or something like that which was beaten by Kelvin 31.975
We were up against real pros clearly!

Question is who is up for the 24hr? ;)
Some fantastic moments albeit a sore back and right knee :S

Krazyken

Final order at the finish was

BMC Panic
BMC Chaos
BMC Manic
NFG
Ben Collins Tribute Band
BMC Disorder
BMC Havoc
Piston Broke
A Bunch of Stigs
The Quickshifters
Whacky Racers
The Flying Squad
Spencers Speeders
Pegasus Thunderbolts
Team GTM
Marios Karts

You can also contact the photographer on 07850 192304 or email bryn.mullins@hotmail.com website as Phil stated is www.ffvp.net

Daley Down Under

Spot on evening - thanks to Ken and Phil. 

My favourite moments:  1. Roger realising it was Rob P who took him out after nipping down the inside into a corner and 2. our continual fastest lap swaps. 

I want go last next time so I get the advantage of a lighter fuel load. 

Talking of lighter loads, Roger's pre event dump clearly made the difference  - a 1.31.78

Adrian

David H

Rog's time was clearly down to aerodynamics. .. :P

Fantastic evening indeed. Really enjoyed the team I was in, I thought we did very well especially as our car spent quite a bit of time in the sin bin. Naughty car!

Lots of entertaining moments including Phil completely trashing the car that tried to knock him off. He went flying. Comedy. That is what its about..... er I mean.. er, ... your a bad man Phil.

'The Gaffer'

And theres me saying I thought the driving was aggresive at times in the questionnaire :-[

I was provoked though >:(

Pics are up..
http://gallery.me.com/bryn.mullins#100043&view=null&bgcolor=black&sel=148

hoobahole

So......

1 reference to lighter fuel loads
1 reference to warmer track/tyres
1 reference to aero....

Keep up boys

:D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: hoobahole on 19, November, 2010, 08:28:24 PM
So......

1 reference to lighter fuel loads
1 reference to warmer track/tyres
1 reference to aero....

Keep up boys

:D

Not forgetting this one too...  "Roger's pre event dump clearly made the difference" :)) :))

Bit disapointed with the pics if I were to be honest.

YellaBelly

Top night! Well done to all the organisers. Really well run I thought if a little late starting off.

Not sure that we needed all the 'race suit boys' though, they got in the way of us 'real' racers :D :D Oh, and Dave, thanks for holding them up, worked a treat ;)

Definitely be going to that venue again in the future :)

John

David H

YellaBelly

Hairy Santa

Thanks to the organizers

Had a brilliant time, so much fun, and great company, def want to do it again soon if possible, just loved that top corner and  finally managed to keep my boot to the floor the last 5 laps - all the way round

Must think about a diet now  ;) 

foggy

Would have posted  earlier but PC crashed. That was the first time that I have driven a go cart,I found the cornering hard to master,but got the hang of it, very late in the evening.I enjoyed myself very much,but took a battering,probably my fault due to my inexperience in driving these.My lower back is still in bits, did I ache the next day! I would have to think hard to enter a race like that again.

WALNUT

My PC also crashed. but I did not want to put my first time experance at karting on here untill after your event, just incase it put anyone off. If anyone wondered why I backed out. I went karting the week before (son in laws birthday) There were only 3 to a team, and it seemed as though no sooner did you finish your stint and got out of the kart, you were getting back in again. I think I was trying to hard right from the start, by the time I was on my last stint on track every part of me was in pain. Ive been a old man for a long time but thanks to that bit of karting its the first time I felt like one. So I was really glad to hear that some of you had a few pains( LOL) the only good thing that came out of it. Ill know not to do it again.

Tony