Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Stoneleigh Kit Car Show 2013 5th - 6th May Bristol Kit Car Club

Started by 'The Gaffer', 18, January, 2013, 12:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

We have had paperwork from Grosvenor shows asking whether we would like our usual stand 54F at the show. I have said yes but over the coming months it would be nice to know as usual who plans on coming.

Are you attending?

Yes / No?
Sunday?
Monday?
Both?
With Kitcar?
Camping?

This is THE kitcar show and anyone that has never attended will find it very interesting. See link http://www.nationalkitcarshow.co.uk/

Bulldog Bri

Of course.

Sunday/ Monday for us. Camping.
Anna should be on the road as well with her Bulldog. So thats 2 for starters

Will be looking for a club run up again as well, so add that to your post if your wanting to join (usual time usual meeting place )

8)

YellaBelly

Assuming the car stays in one piece, me and Jan will be there for the 2 days, probably staying in a B&B as Jan is not cut out for camping due to her arthritis :(

dave_bence

Unless the weather is really awful, I'll be there both days in the kit car, staying in a local B&B.

Moleman

I will be there. Prob just sunday unless weather is better for the monday.  :)

Iainl

I'll be there again with the Kit (as long as the weather dry) probably just Sunday.

Eternal

Yes will be great to chill out with you guys!
Both days
With Kitcar? no =( unless i can finish it in time.
Camping yes

YellaBelly

Eternal

Would love to! but don't think it would be possible i might be able to bring it up on a trailer =P

But hay i will do my best to get it finished in 4 months.

stevel

Will be there one day, not sure which yet, probably bring Charlie (son) along too.

Sprint 7

Would love to go as I've not made it yet as it falls on my birthday weekend and as the Head Office is not that much into cars and we always try to go out as a family,  I shalln't be there but to everyone who does make it Have a great time. :D

evolution

Grin-a-lot

Should be there, it's the wife's birthday weekend so some negotiation required first!

fullpint

Quote from: evolution on 10, March, 2013, 12:24:49 PM
Will be up one of the days. No kitcar  :(
Get a lift down and buy one at the show  :D Im gonna try to make this one.

evolution

Quote from: fullpint on 10, March, 2013, 12:46:43 PM
Quote from: evolution on 10, March, 2013, 12:24:49 PM
Will be up one of the days. No kitcar  :(
Get a lift down and buy one at the show  :D Im gonna try to make this one.
Is that a date? :D Toying with it at the moment, but can't justify 2 cars let alone 3  ;)

Krazyken

I will be there on one of the days depending on the weather.

benchmark51

Ratbag won't be ready for stoneleigh but I would still like to go. So I thought I could go up in my van and will have room for anyone who needs a ride up. Also could transport bulky items to and from the event if anyone will be buying goodies there.
Any thoughts anyone?

Quarrycars

Planning to be there Sunday, hope to meet a few members and look for the next build!

Jasperpilchards

Sorry guys , don't think im gunna make it this year now as somethings come up at work grrrrrr proper disappointed but hey ho :-(

Dixie

See you guys up there, I will pop over for a visit.
I am going up on Saturday lunch time and camping and leaving late Sunday afternoon.

See ya.  Dixie

Bulldog Bri

Has anyone got any wood for burning as I'll be taking our fire pit up for the evening to sit around ;D

8)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 02, May, 2013, 12:53:56 PM
Has anyone got any wood for burning as I'll be taking our fire pit up for the evening to sit around ;D

8)

sorry Bri aint got any this year, chucked it all in November  :( :( :()

Bulldog Bri

I wil be bringing up the 'BKCC Stickers' if any one wants one

£1.50 Small - £2.50 large

8)

Krazyken

Has any one still got any horse burgers for Hairy Santa's breakfast?

Iainl

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 04, May, 2013, 05:39:56 PM
I wil be bringing up the 'BKCC Stickers' if any one wants one

£1.50 Small - £2.50 large

8)

I'll have one see you tomorrow
Iainl

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Krazyken on 04, May, 2013, 05:48:16 PM
Has any one still got any horse burgers for Hairy Santa's breakfast?

gonna leave them all to you Ken, giving it a miss this year, have fun  :P

Griff

I've a pass for Monday from SWMBO; can I park on the stand or is it general melee for me?

I'm heading up the A350 and then the Fosse way if anyone wants a (small) convoy?

Griff

'The Gaffer'

Pilgrim Anna

Hi Everyone,
                         Just about to leave for Stoneleigh. Its the first year that Im driving my own Kit car!!!! ;) And it appears that Bri and I are the only members going in the convoy :( Shame!!
Oh well. I expect to see at least a few of you up there :P
Better get going!!!!!! Sun is out Yay.
Will put some pics up when return. I will rephrase that Bri will put some up lol.

Moleman

I wish I was going but can't make it now :'(  I'm hoping to take the westy out for at least afew hours today & tomorrow if I get a chance.
I hope you do get a good turn out in the end.  :)

stevel

Well what a great day out!  Sunshine and a lot of interesting cars to see.  Charlie really enjoyed his day, especially the Westfield drift experience.  Great to see Anna's car finished and looking rather splendid.  Good to meet the "northern" section of the BKCC I think we nearly outnumbered the Bristol chapter.  Hope you all have a great day tomorrow wherever you are, see you soon!

YellaBelly

Really miffed we are missing it this year, but need to sort the damn brakes out before the summer has come and gone :(

Hope everyone that goes has a great time ;)

benchmark51

Really good day, nice weather too.
I was a bit sad not being able to take ratbag, but she's a bit too scruffy a the moment.
Mind you there was someone driving monstrosity that resembled a mobile scrapyard, never seen anything like it! But hey they were having fun , so what.
I managed to find my elusive type 9 gearbox bolts at last and a nice westy V8 nosecone as well!
Had to leave earlier than I wanted as I had arranged to collect a westy boot box from Witney, and a set of wings from Devizes, and had to get back for my dog. Hadn't realised I could have taken him!
Overall I'm a bit knackered, went to Plymouth on saturday to get my stainless manifold. Nice roast dinner today and reeeelaaaaaxxx.  :)

stevel

Hi Benchmark, glad to hear you had a successful shopping trip.  You seemed determined to get that nose cone!  Hopefully next time we meet you will be in you car.  Off to Castle Combe to watch some racing!

robp

Great to see everyone yesterday.  I enjoyed having a look around the show and there were many interesting cars to see.  I managed not to buy anything which was good but I did make the mistake of starting a conversation with the guys at Northampton Motorsport. 

I enjoyed the drive up early in the morning on the quiet roads.  Busier on the way home.  Early start and 3.5 hours in a car with no windscreen meant I nearly fell asleep in my pint down the pub in the evening. :D  Great day though.

Bulldog Bri

Best weather yet at the show and had a great time, lots of new goodies for the cars, shame we had such a poor showing this year on our pitch with only 6 cars on the club stand and 4 today! I know a few other car were on their other clubs stands ::) But even our pitch was the next plot up the road this year, so slightly closer to the rest of the clubs.

Good chat with the guys

Monday in the sun, good to meet you at last Griff

Great looking hard top for the Dax Pete.

8)

'The Gaffer'

Nice pics Bri. I'm wondering if other club stands were down on attendance this year?

YellaBelly

according to some guys on the Locostbuilders forum, it was a fair bit quieter than recent years. Down on club stands, manufacturer's stands and trade stands too.

Bulldog Bri

Yes it was a quieter this year all round, Clubs and manufacturers, though the numbers walking around seemed about the same.   

8)

benchmark51

Nice pics, the last one of the hardtop version is interesting.

There is a unbuilt full kit car on ebay that is very similar, currently at £2550

Item number: