Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Exeter Kit Car Show 26th - 27th Oct 2013

Started by 'The Gaffer', 22, September, 2013, 01:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Jagodo

I shall be at Gordano services, ready to leave at 9:00 - unless something goes wrong in the 9 miles from my house!

'The Gaffer'

Sorry, not going to make this one now on either day. Hope it is a good show for those that attend.

Sumov8

;D  As long as its not honking down I will be there with Alan, either in the Dutton or the Cobra, see you for 09:00 :P

Almondsburyhills

Just going to get the Dutton started. I found my snorkel! AA card still valid, lets go  8)

Sumov8

Whats a bit of rain and wind when there is hot coffee to drink and cars to look at!!

WALNUT

Got there and back OK, Car was going fine until I got to Taunton Deane, from there to Exter and all the way back home the car was poping (backfireing ) Had a look when I got home, one of the leads came off a plug.    Ohhh I wish I knew more about engs I would not had to worry all the way home, thinking it was something that was going to cost me £££s
               The show was nothing as good as I remember, never got anything I wanted. but a good day.weather was dry all the time we were there.
                                                                              Walnut

fullpint

Tony; Good job you have 8 of those plug leads. As you now know it still runs ok on 7 pots  :D..
Glad it was a quick-fix and sorry the show was not that good..

fletch_306

I wondered how I had managed to catch back up. With you after you flew past. Glad it was something simple.
I had never been to Exeter kit car show and must admit I was a little disappointed but I did get some stuff for my new wiring loom.
It was also nice to meet some of you guys even if just briefly.
Fletch

Moleman

How many guys went in the end then? Did anyone take any pic's of the day?  :)   I know the rain was on & off for most of the morning going down to weymouth, How was it at exeter?
I don't think i will bother for tomorrow?  ::) I think the weather is not going to improve now.  ::)

Almondsburyhills

Yes Colin a few pics were taken by Steve (sumo), im sure they will be here later.... the show was half the size a few years earlier, bit dissapointing :(

Jagodo

Had a good day out at Exeter. Met up at Gordano Services but managed to miss Walnut. The M5 was heaving with the half-term traffic, aggravated by on-off showers. We drove down in convoy at 60mph and I had my top up but it came unbuttoned more and more and only had a couple of poppers holding it down by the time I got to Exeter. I was mostly dry though and snug enough that I had turned the heater off. While the rest of the convoy went to the show ground, I met up with a Dutton club member at the Exeter services (when I got through the queues). Then we joined up and all parked together. Every time that we stopped, my car was smoking when started again.

http://

I looked at all of the cars  and chatted to some of the owners. Then I bought some tools and things and looked at everything on show and by the time that I had finished in the hall everyone else from BKCC had gone home. The weather was looking good at 3:30pm and I managed to drive home with the top down. The car drove faultlessly at 70mph home. I was wearing my flying helmet and dark glasses (and looking stupid, no doubt) but I took the helmet off eventually as I was getting a bit hot! I filled up at my local garage and my average was 39.3mpg for the round trip. A jolly good day out.

Jagodo

There were 7 of us, I think. There were the two Westfields in the front row of my picture and 5 cars in the second row, with my Dutton on the left of the picture and a yellow car on the right, mostly hidden by the green Murtaya (or whatever it is called).

Sumov8

Not saying the show was poor but I only took one photo

Ride down was good even if we did miss the "Meet in the Car Park, NOT THE LORRY PARK" Sorry Tony

At least we ended up at Taunton Dean together.

Next year it will be Stoneliegh for the weekend!!

SPAXIMUS

I went today and the show was awful. It is sad but according to one of the exhibiters this will be a the last one as the organisers have lost money for the second year in a row.

The show needed manufacturers to attend which they did not. Apple county filled a huge space with their cars as there was only around 6-8 manufacturers there.

A sad end to what was usually a great last event.

Jagodo

Maybe I'm sad but I quite enjoyed the whole day, even though it was poorly attended by both trade and the public. It was nice not to have to queue anywhere. Pilots say that any landing is a good landing if you can walk away from it. In a similar way, any runout is a good one if you are still driving the car at the end of it! Here is another picture of BKCC cars...

Moleman

Glad you still injoyed it Jagodo. I couldn't do this one in the end but hopefully I will see you on loads more club outings?  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Looks like the nail in the coffin for this one then unless maybe they can get more into the sports car and classic scene. Might be something in it then.