+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Drive out on some good roads.

Started by Moleman, 17, January, 2014, 08:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

One thing that has been made clear is that some of you guys would like to do some good runs out in the car which involues some good open roads,challenging roads with some great scenery, Whether it is a run through Wales, Forest of Dean, New forest or somewhere else you think would be good? where we could end up somewhere for lunch then back again?
This is something I haven't done before & would like to do aswell.  :D

So if anyone can suggest some places? & routes? that fit this criteria please put them here.
thanks colin.  ;D 

WALNUT

Vintage Aircraft & Cars Sun.2nd March.
Informal FREE get together at Wiltshire Airfield.
Vintage planes flying in from all over S WEST      SPITFIRE, TIGER MOTH,DE HAVILAND
DRAGONFLY ect. plus Classic cars.
Breakfasts untill 11.30 Lunches from 12.00

Iancider

There's a great one up the Wye Valley hugging the river all they way up to Ledbury (Medeaval town) and back perhaps through the Malverns and the forest of Dean - 5- 6 hours of driving in the long version and about 4 in the short form.

Iancider

Chetenham to and around the Costwolds is good.  Another is Swindon to Bedford on some great driving roads.  Forest of Dean in the sun.    One brialliant mountain road in the Brecons and could take in the Mumbles and perhaps Pedine Sands - 5-6 hours driving.  North Devon coast to Blue Anchor bay - brilliant 5-6 hours driving.  Wonderful drive to Burgh Island most people don't even know it exists - Sea tractor across the causeway to the island or walk across at low tide - 6 hours driving

See link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Burgh_Island_from_mainland.jpg

Iancider

I like the vintage aircraft idea Walnut. Also Fairford Air Tattoo near Swindon  11th - 13th July - discount of £10 if booking before 31st Jan.  Better than Farnborough.  Petrolheads meet propellor heads  8)

Bulldog Bri

There's a great one up the Wye Valley hugging the river all they way up to Ledbury (Medeaval town) and back perhaps through the Malverns and the forest of Dean - 5- 6 hours of driving in the long version and about 4 in the short form.

Then maybe a run up this way to the Malvern show later this year.

8)

Moleman

All these looK good. :)  Keep them coming while I look into some of these.
I will do Walnuts suggestion first due to the time limit.  :D