Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Track Developments open day 10th May

Started by Moleman, 14, March, 2014, 06:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Track Developments open day 10th May

As some of you guys know, Dave Gallop from Track Developments holds an open day for B.K.C.C. every year.
This event is open to 12-15 cars to turn up on the Saturday morning. You will have a little introduction on how your suspension works & the reasons why your car reacts the way it does & how to improve your setup to make your car respond the way you would like it too.

You would then be put into a few groups (Cars not been done before will take first priority) you take it in turns to have your car put on the four corner weight platform to be assessed on corner weight, ride height, tracking & wheel cambers etc Dave will then show you what needs changing & how to do it, where you take your car to the side & do the adjustments with your group while another car in another group is being done.
Once all the cars have been done they would then get checked over to make sure you have done it right & with Dave's expertise he will help with the final adjustments.   

It's a great way to learn how to set up your car with people you know in a relaxing environment with an expert on hand to advise you.
There will also be hot food provided for the day, either hot pie's or maybe a barbecue?

All this will come at a small fee, the price will be posted next week. It won't be much, just enough to cover the cost of food & expenses.

We will also have Ian Stent from Complete Kit Car Magazine who will be there to do an article for the magazine, photo's will be taken & a few interviews from yourselves & Dave Gallop will end up in their magazine.

I get mine set up from Dave each year & would thoroughly recommend it if you have not had it done before.

We will need 12 to 15 cars for this to happen & it will be on a first come first serve basis with reserves at the ready if we get more than 15 people up for this.

So who is interested?

Just to add, this event is on the weekend after Stoneleigh and the weekend before the CKC trackday so a great time to get your car sorted.

fullpint

Went to this last year. Was a cracking day out, weather was awesome and I learnt a lot.. Got to be done again I think  :D And the BBQ (cooked by Tim) was top class..

CC Cyclone

Put me and the cyclone down, sounds like a good day to me.

benchmark51

Ok, I'm up for this. Had ratbag weighed today on a local weighbridge, probably not very accurate but it came in at a portly 700kg. Had 1/2 tank,spare wheel, bag 'o' tools, petrolcan, half a packet of ginger nuts and of course, mwah. Absolutley no effort to minimse weight made at all. Tempted to leave spare wheel at home and take puncture outfit. So lets get it checked, got a feeling camber is woefully out.

chris61

Yes please! Sounds like a really interesting day!

bluehornetrider

'The Gaffer'

dave_bence

Unfortunately, I'll be away on the day of this event :(

It's always a very interesting and enjoyable day that I can highly recommend to others 8)

Griff

Be rather keen to attend! I'm off to Spa 24hr classic the following week and €99 sees me driving the circuit as well  :D

chrislandy

I always say yes to this then have to back out because the car is not ready so put me down as a provisional ;)

Hairy Santa

Look forward to seeing you Dave

any chance of putting breakfasts on  :D Ok only joking 

wacky

Hi,

I'm interested in this, where abouts is it please?

cheers
Tony

Grin-a-lot

I'm back from my travels and will get the car back on the road in the coming weeks so count me in!

Moleman

Ok going so far.   1, Fullpint
                        2, CC Cyclone
                        3, Benchmark51
                        4, Chris61
                        5, Bluehornetrider
                        6, The gaffer
                        7, Griff
                        8, Chrislandy
                        9, Hairy Santa
                      10, Wacky
                      11, Grin-a-lot
                      12, .......
                      13, .......
                      14, .......
                      15, .......

Spaces going fast!  I will do a reserve list after these have gone.   :D

Moleman

Quote from: wacky on 14, March, 2014, 11:13:22 PM
Hi,
I'm interested in this, where abouts is it please?
cheers
Tony

Hi Tony. It is in a garage on a farm very close to Castle Combe. I will arrange some meeting points to head there closer to the time for anyone who wants to meet up on the way?  :)

wacky

Ok, sounds good, I'd very much like to be included.

Tony

robp

stevel

Hopefully I will be able to get in the car by then if the back is better.  Put me down please this is always a good day out.

DAVMCE

Hi Tony. I would be interested.

Regards

Dave

steve c

put me down for this never had in done before

Moleman

Quote from: DAVMCE on 17, March, 2014, 11:59:14 AM
Hi Tony. I would be interested.

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave, welcome back.  :)  I am happy to put you on the list mate, it would also be nice if you told us a little bit about yourself on our Introduce yourself section. It would be nice to know what you have & maybe a picture or two of it?
Colin.

sorgwm

Yes, put me down for this. It'll be most interesting to find out what I have to do to improve the handling for sprints and hillclimbs.

Moleman

2, CC Cyclone
                        3, Benchmark51
                        4, Chris61
                        5, Bluehornetrider
                        6, The gaffer
                        7, Griff
                        8, Chrislandy
                        9, Hairy Santa
                      10, Wacky
                      11, Grin-a-lot
                      12, Robp
                      13, Stevel
                      14, Davmce
                      15, Steve c

OK. That's all the spaces gone. I will now do a reserve list in case anyone has to drop out.  :)
I will also give details of how much it is & payment details very soon.  :)

Reserve list     1, Sorgwm
                    2, .........

Iancider

I'm a definite possible - should know soon.

bluehornetrider

Could you post the address please for track developments please.

Moleman

Quote from: bluehornetrider on 22, March, 2014, 09:45:24 PM
Could you post the address please for track developments please.

If you click on the Extras section you should find it there or a contact number for Track Developments.
Hope this helps?  :)

Moleman

2, CC Cyclone
                        3, Benchmark51
                        4, Chris61
                        5, Bluehornetrider
                        6, The gaffer
                        7, Griff
                        8, Chrislandy
                        9, Hairy Santa
                      10, Wacky
                      11, Grin-a-lot
                      12, Robp
                      13, Stevel
                      14, Davmce
                      15, Steve c

OK. That's all the spaces gone. I will now do a reserve list in case anyone has to drop out.  :)
I will also give details of how much it is & payment details very soon.  :)

Reserve list     1, Sorgwm
                    2, Iancider
                    3, .........

Anyone else would like to go on the reserve list?
I will let you know very soon how much this will be. :)

chrislandy

Shockingly I won't be able to get the Shelsley ready in time for this so have to pull the plug :(

Moleman

Ok Chris sorry to hear that, Thanks for letting me know mate.

So Sorgwm takes 15 spot with Iancider on first reserve.

Anyone else?  :)

stevel

Hi Colin

Please give my place to Ian as I am not in any fit state to be crawling around the car and I have done this event twice already and the car is pretty much spot on.  Last time I did not have to lift a spanner so it is more of a social event for me and a bit of a crack.  I am sure Ian will enjoy it and the burgers!!

Iancider

Steve,

That is very kind of you - thanks for the tought.

Regards
Ian

Moleman

OK no problem Steve. I will be going there at some point just to say hello If you fancy popping down then feel free to still show your face if you up for it mate.  :D

OK new list  =     1, Fullpint
                        2, CC Cyclone
                        3, Benchmark51
                        4, Chris61
                        5, Bluehornetrider
                        6, The gaffer
                        7, Griff
                        8, Hairy Santa
                        9, Wacky
                      10, Grin-a-lot
                      11, Robp
                      12, Davmce
                      13, Steve c
                      14, Sorgwm
                      15, Iancider

Reserve List      16 ............     Anyone else?

Moleman

OK more details of the day.

Thanks to Tim we will be doing hot pies instead of the BBQ as previously.
Consequently the price will be less than last year at £15.
Food and coffee for visitors £5 Anyone who wishes to come along & see what it is about are most welcome.

Details on how to make payment for this will come soon.

Other arrangements as before.
Doors open from 8:30  First car checked  at 9:00

Address Lordswood Farm, Fosseway near Sherston SN16 0JZ
M4 J17 Go towards Malmesbury 1  1/4 miles - Turn left
5 1/4 miles - turn left at postbox then right into farm.

The recently closed rail bridges are now open The bridge at Dauntsey Lock is CLOSED but Swindon visitors will know that.

Any other questions feel free to ask me or Camber Dave. 

I will arrange a couple of meeting points for a convoy to Dave's workshop closer to the time for anyone who would like this.  :)

Anyone else would like to go on the reserve list for this?

Moleman

OK It's pay on the day.
Please give plenty of notice if you can't go so we can fill the space.

Moleman

Would anyone like to put there name down for the reserve list?

Camber Dave

Hi Guys

Our open day is on the same day as Japfest at Castle Combe. This is their busiest day of the year and local roads will be choked.

To avoid the traffic try these routes.

From Bristol go north on the A46 and A433 towards Tetbury. Turn right at the Holford Arms and go through Sherston towards Chippenham. We are 1 ½ miles out of the village. Turn right at the postbox on to the Fosseway.

From Bath use the old Fosseway past Colerne airfield if you know it. The Fosse comes right past the farm here.
Otherwise go on the A4 through Corston and turn Left at the Cross Keys. Go through Biddistone, across the A420 and through Yatton Keynell. Then to Grittleton and up the Fosse.

The M4 may be busy but most traffic coming off at J 17 will go south to Chippenham. You will go north towards Malmesbury (for 1 ¼ miles to the Kart racing hanger) and turn left. Go 4 ½ miles, then left on to the Fosse and first right into the farm.
From Swindon you could also use the B4040 through Brinkworth and Malmesbury. Turn left just as you get to Sherston.

Postcode is SN16 0 JZ 
See you at Stoneleigh and here on the 10th
Dave

Moleman

Ok thanks for the heads up Dave. I will arrange a meet point to convoy there if anyone wants to & is unsure of the way.

chris61

Moleman

Yes. I found that out today mate. We will sort out maybe a earlier start or best route there next week.

Moleman

What does everyone want to do about getting there this Saturday. Does everyone know how to get there?

Unfortunately we have the Badminton horse show & Jap fest on the same day.  ::)  I'm really not sure which way will be best to go as we have two popular shows either side of the garage.
I think you will have to plan your route leaving time a bit earlier than planned. Sorry about this.
I can arrange a convoy for anyone unsure how to get there but it may prove tricky if traffic is heavy. It may be fine & only delay you by about 10 minutes.

What are everyone's thought's on what you want to do guys?  :)