Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bradley Stoke Carnival & Car Show - Sat 23rd August

Started by Krazyken, 18, March, 2014, 09:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

GOOD NEWS!!  The Bradley Stoke Carnival & Car Show this year will be on Sat 23rd August.  I have been asked to organise the car display again this year.  The Carnival will be in the same format as last year with a funfair, live music, live radio broadcasts, hot air balloon ascent and a Carnival Parade.  For those who missed it last year, the Carnival Parade was on a Brazilian theme with lots of scantily clad young ladies and NO I am not joking - Hairy please post up some pics as a reminder of last year!

The cars are required to be on display from 12 noon until 4pm so there is no need to be up early or home late and you will be able to take in everything the event has to offer.  I think a BKCC session on the dodgems should be added to our agenda this year.

All those who attended last year were definitely keen to attend again this year.  Please form an orderly queue by putting your names down below.

Iancider

benchmark51

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Krazyken on 18, March, 2014, 09:51:00 PM
GOOD NEWS!!  The Bradley Stoke Carnival & Car Show this year will be on Sat 23rd August.  I have been asked to organise the car display again this year.  The Carnival will be in the same format as last year with a funfair, live music, live radio broadcasts, hot air balloon ascent and a Carnival Parade.  For those who missed it last year, the Carnival Parade was on a Brazilian theme with lots of scantily clad young ladies and NO I am not joking - Hairy please post up some pics as a reminder of last year!

The cars are required to be on display from 12 noon until 4pm so there is no need to be up early or home late and you will be able to take in everything the event has to offer.  I think a BKCC session on the dodgems should be added to our agenda this year.

All those who attended last year were definitely keen to attend again this year.  Please form an orderly queue by putting your names down below.

count me in Ken, sorry I'm hoping you still have the Photo's I sent you as mine went down when my Comp crashed , fingers crossed you have  :(

WALNUT

Not that im intrested in scantily dressed young ladies, but I will try and get there ( even if I have to walk)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: WALNUT on 19, March, 2014, 09:56:51 AM
Not that im intrested in scantily dressed young ladies, but I will try and get there ( even if I have to walk)

or wheelchair  ::)

Bulldog Bri

We'll be there of course :P

And as Pete is keeping his photo's to himself ;) Here's a few Anna took (honest ::))

And who can forget how much Tony enjoyed the sunny weather ;)

8)

Krazyken

This must be my most popular posting yet - 8 replies in less than 24 hours!!

It's funny, I know it was a great day last year and we were all laughing and joking pretty much all day but I don't recall Hairy or Walnut once mentioning the weather.  Now that I've turned 50 my memory must have gone otherwise I'm sure I would have remembered.

Onto the serious bit, the event is staged by Bradley Stoke Town Council as a great family event for the residents of Bradley Stoke and to help raise money for the Mayors chosen charities.  The car display was very well received last year with lots of positive comments on the quality and variety of the cars on display especially as we were given short notice.  This year we have lots of notice so please ensure that all cars to be displayed are well presented/polished for the event.

I will ask Bulldog Bri to arrange the meeting point/breakfast (Yes Pete I did say Breakfast) so that the cars turn up in convoy at around 11.45am.  Bri will then organise the layout of the cars to make a nice display.  I will be on site all day with my other duties at this event.

I will need to provide a list of all the cars to the organisers who will want to see a variety of different types of cars.  So please can you put your make of car alongside your name below: -

Krazyken - MGF VVC
Iancider
Benchmark 51
Chris 61
Hairy Santa - One from the fleet
Walnut - Merc Replica
Buldog Bri - Pilgrim Bulldog
Pilgrim Anna - Pilgrim Bulldog

I will also need to organise a few classic cars to give a nice mix, so if you know anyone with a classic that would be interested please let me know before I start approaching the classic car clubs.

Moleman

I will be there.  :)  I haven't seen or heard of any mention of scantily dressed young ladies for this year yet? ::) :D

Krazyken - MGF VVC
Iancider
Benchmark 51
Chris 61
Walnut - Merc Replica
Moleman - Westfield 2000 sport

Krazyken

Colin

You will just have to turn up and find out!  ;D :o 8) :P

benchmark51

Well if the scantily clads don't turn up, maybe a few club members in their mankini's !!  :o OMG

Krazyken - MGF VVC
Iancider
Benchmark 51 - Locost Seven
Chris 61
Walnut - Merc Replica

chris61

Quote from: benchmark51 on 19, March, 2014, 08:42:19 PM

Krazyken - MGF VVC
Iancider
Chris 61- locost
Walnut - Merc Replica

Hairy Santa

rumour has it that it could be a topless event this year

but keep it low keyed  8)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 20, March, 2014, 03:00:00 AM
rumour has it that it could be a topless event this year

but keep it low keyed  8)
You were 'Topless' last year! :o Can't decide if I want it sunny or not this year now :-X

8)

Krazyken

Just had an email to confirm that there will be an International Theme to this years event rather than a Brazilian theme however the same team of ladies will be present and entering into the spirit of the "International" event.

So there you have it, I can see a very long queue forming.

Iancider

QuoteKrazyken - MGF VVC
IanCider Westfield FW Special
Chris 61 - Locost
Walnut - Merc Replica

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Krazyken on 20, March, 2014, 09:15:41 PM
Just had an email to confirm that there will be an International Theme to this years event rather than a Brazilian theme however the same team of ladies will be present and entering into the spirit of the "International" event.

So there you have it, I can see a very long queue forming.
Those who attended last year to the front of the Queue

Meeting place for convoy over will be the Willy Wicket Pub Car park 11:30 same as last year.

8)

peterw

Yep, put me down again , weather  and scantily clad ladies permitting.

Bulldog Bri

I've been told by Krazyken that we will be joined by the Triumph Stag owners club for the convoy/drive in to the event ;D
This will.be from the Willy Wicket pub on the ring road to the show field in Bradley Stoke. :P

8)

Pilgrim Anna

We can attend will have to pick up son from Judo at 11.00 with change clothes and rush over to join convoy!!! Again will be leaving by 3.30.  :)

fullpint

Oh yes please.. Fingers crossed for great weather like last year.. :P

Pilgrim Anna

We will be there my friend and her daughter tagging along too! But will be leaving 3.30 at very  latest as I have to work :(

Krazyken

Hi Guys & Gals

Just a reminder that Walnut and Hairys favourite event of the year is looming upon us on the Saturday of the August Bank Holiday weekend.  Bulldog Bri is organising the convoy departing from the Willy Wicket pub at 11.30am to arrive en-mass at Midday.  We will also be joined by the Triumph Stag Owners Club to give the day a real kits & classics feel.

If this is new to you please read back through the thread to see what it's all about.  Did someone mention that there will be scantily clad young ladies all around our cars?  :o :o :o

If you would like to come along and your name is not on the list just state your interest below.

benchmark51

If this is new to you please read back through the thread to see what it's all about.  Did someone mention that there will be scantily clad young ladies all around our cars?  :o :o :o

yeah!!  :o

YellaBelly

Best get your best bib-and-tucker on Tony, they'll be queueing up for a sit ;) :D

Hope the weather is good for you guys :D

Pilgrim Anna

Yay!!! Have got day off work so we can leave later if its a success. :D

Pilgrim Anna

Hope stag owners do join convoy that would be fun! ;D

peterw

Sprint 7

Back from my hols so I think I can make it weather permitting 8)

Moleman

Anyone else up for this then?  ;D

Krazyken - MGF VVC
Iancider - Westfield Fw Special
Chris 61 -  Mc Sorley Locost Seven
Walnut - Merc Replica
Fullpint -
Sprint7 - Robin hood S7

There will be a small convoy to the show from The willy Wicket pub on the ring road if your up for this?

Time to be arranged.  :)

Pilgrim Anna

We are definitely up for this. Will be bit of rush as son has Judo till 11am, but  we will  do best to be there on time!! ;D.
My friend and her little one maybe joining us for Convoy. Sorry but she only has a tintop  :-[

damouk

Yep I'm up for this one so count me in.... as long as its not raining :S

Krazyken

The weather forecast looks good at the mo, no rain although not as hot as last year but then again that should mean that Hairy doesn't go topless :o!

The convoy will depart from the Willy Wicket at 11.30 to arrive en-masse at Midday.  Then just sit back and enjoy the show!

This year we must have a BKCC stint on the dodgems for a chance to drive around together like the perfect ladies & gentlemen we are without any of this nasty bashing and bumping ;).  If that doesn't appeal we can all have a go and smash hell out of each other :P.

I will not be joining the convoy but will meet you all at the site to roll out the red carpet.  See you there.

YellaBelly

Hope it stays good for you guys, I'm gonna miss not going :(

Still, as a pick-me-up, our local (about 100 yds away) is having an outdoor live music night. They block off the road outside the pub and have a Hog Roast, and two rock bands (both damn good!). So I will be a little less miserable :) :D

So we get to eat, drink AND be merry 8)

Iancider

Yellbelly - it sounds like you have found civilisation!  8)

YellaBelly

Grin-a-lot

I'm aiming to come along but need to get the dashboard back together first so fingers crossed I'm blessed with good luck by the wiring gods tomorrow morning!

Moleman

Where about's in Bradley Stoke is it Ken? (In case the convoy gets splint up)  :)

damouk