+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Fire station visit and up close RTC car cutting demo. March 22nd

Started by 'The Gaffer', 27, January, 2015, 08:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

I have been trying to organise this one for some time and have now got confirmed details.

The visit will consist of a guided tour around Avonmouth Fire Station, St Andrews Road, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11 9HQ on Sunday 22 March 2015 at 0930 hours.

The visit will last around an hour and a half, during which fire crews will give us a tour of the station, an introduction to the fire appliances and equipment plus advice on fire safety followed by a live and up close Road Traffic Collision (RTC) demonstration (cutting up a crashed car and access). We will also have an opportunity to ask any questions about life in the fire service or fire safety in general.

Prior to the visit, please can you let me know any member of your group has any special needs that I need to be aware of, I will make every effort to accommodate these needs to ensure everyone in our group can enjoy the visit.

If any the members of our group are under 16, I ask that you ensure there are a suitable number of supervisors.

There is no charge for the visit, but should you wish to make a donation, cheques can be made payable to "The Fire Fighters Charity" and sent to: The Fire Fighters Charity, Level 6 Belvedere, Basing view, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 4HG. This charity looks after firemen who have sustained serious injury during their work etc.

This should be a very interesting visit so get your names down fast, numbers are limited.

Moleman

Iancider

'The Gaffer'

Thats 3 of us then. Any more forum takers for this one before I mass email?

Iancider

Moleman

Any more for this then?

This could be a good venue to take the family to see the fire service in action.  :)

R1james

Sounds great can i come please  ! With my little ones me +3

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: R1james on 07, March, 2015, 06:42:23 AM
Sounds great can i come please  ! With my little ones me +3

Yes for sure. We just need some more numbers for this to make it viable.

benchmark51

Ratbag should be sorted by then so I can join you too. See if I can find a passenger.

'The Gaffer'

Last call on this one or it will have to be cancelled. Sorry to those who have shown an interest but we need more numbers to make it viable.

Who wouldn't want a free trip around a fire station and watch a real road traffic collision demo up close and see a car cut up for extraction of casualties?? Great for the kids too.

Get your names down quick. You snooze, you lose.

'The Gaffer'

Moleman