Forgot your password?

Stoneleigh 2015

Started by Bulldog Bri, 29, January, 2015, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Bulldog Bri

Stoneleigh 2015
May 3rd and 4th

Not long really now peep's, just a little over 3 months to go for the best kit show of the year. :P And this year we're going up in profile as we've now got a much more prominent stand for our club, I've been chatting with the boy's at the Pilgrim club who have a stand on the main drag going into the show but their numbers have been dropping steadily over the last few years so to help them keep their large area we will be splitting it between the 2 clubs, any Pilgrims in our club can sit on the boarder of the 2 making their club look a little better and our club gets a more noticeable space. Everyone wins. :P

So we have the chance to put on our best showing ever, we're a large forum club with loads of members and cars. So come and joins us or just say 'Hello' 

Who's going?

1. Bulldog Bri
2. Pilgrim Anna

sanzomat

As a newbie to this whole kit car scene I'm not overly familiar with how this show works - As its a two day thing do people go up on Saturday and come home Sunday or just attend one day or the other? Do most people camp or stay in local accommodation? Do people fend for themselves (in terms of catering) or are there any community arrangements, or is it like a festival where you live off bacon rolls and burgers for the weekend? If camping, what are the domestic/welfare facilites - are we talking rows of overflowing thunderboxes or something more salubrious?

Bulldog Bri

This show is held on the first bank holiday Sunday - Monday of May. Normally we try and have a convoy up on the Sunday morning,  arriving at around 10am at. There is camping on site for anyone who wants to make the most if the show or if you want there is also some rooms available as well. Me and Anna camp, it's more fun ;) we bring a camping stove so you'd be welcome to use that. (Bring your own supplies) Or use the over priced catering vans. Personal facility's are adequate ::)

Hope you can make it.if so copy and paste the lead post and ad your name. ;D

8)

sanzomat

As a veteran of many Glastonburies I can cope with camping and thunderboxes, although the legendary long-drops are more of an experience! The range of food available means I've never cooked whilst there (and the prices aren't too bad)

My biggest barrier to coming will be my daughter's care needs - I'll have to see if alternative arrangements can be made. She comes to Glastonbury and we stay in the disabled field but I don't think she'd want to come to a boring kit car show (and I don't think we'd fit her wheelchair in the GTM!)

CC Cyclone

Convoy on Sunday again for me. Must start putting the Cyclone back together.

damouk

I'm up for this one, last year I parked up in the SDR area.... needless to say I was the only one there.

Iancider

I'm up for the Sunday convoy.

I am going to suggest a modified route this year to avoid the horse boxes and 4x4's on their way to Badminton Horse trials.  Pursue the A420 all of the way to Bath A350 and then take the faster A429 - it is quite pretty and quick and we can pay homage to two racetracks at Hullavington and Kemble   ;):D

Ian

Iainl

Count me in as well, but I'll only be there one day

'The Gaffer'

OK to confirm. Bri has organised a stand share with the pilgrim owners club and I have ok'd this with Grosvenor Shows. So we now on stand 76 which is in a great position first stand to the left after the kit car entrance, see map that was for another club's move but you can see where our new stand is..

Moleman

Quote from: sanzomat on 29, January, 2015, 01:44:08 PM
As a veteran of many Glastonburies I can cope with camping and thunderboxes, although the legendary long-drops are more of an experience! The range of food available means I've never cooked whilst there (and the prices aren't too bad)

My biggest barrier to coming will be my daughter's care needs - I'll have to see if alternative arrangements can be made. She comes to Glastonbury and we stay in the disabled field but I don't think she'd want to come to a boring kit car show (and I don't think we'd fit her wheelchair in the GTM!)

Quite a lot of us go up on the Sunday in convoy & head home on the day at our own leisure.
There is also accommodation on site if you want to go down that route.  :)

Bulldog Bri

Looking at this map Phil, I'd say that 76a is the blank pitch just above where it says 76as that is where the Pilgrim Owners club normally is and on their site they have said they have 76a as well 76 is where the Rickman owners set up site and 60 is where the JBA owners go. 53 opposite is the Westfield Club ;D

8)

Bulldog Bri

So we have the chance to put on our best showing ever, we're a large forum club with loads of members and cars. So come and joins us or just say 'Hello' 
8)
Who's going?

1. Bulldog Bri
2. Pilgrim Anna
3. Moleman
4. Iancider
5. CC Cyclone
6. Iainl
7. damouk
8. sanzomat (working on it ;))

benchmark51

I will be there, dunno what in though.

Bulldog Bri

Dave, if you bring the Trannie it WILL be used as the club tea room.  :P

8)

benchmark51

Well, I was considering using it and staying overnight. Of course that would mean bringing Rex. It would be a good try out for future trips though. I have an awning as well. have to see nearer the time.

Spotted a 'mother-in-law section on Ebay! Not that I got one, but someone might want it :P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191493355123?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 29, January, 2015, 11:47:16 PM
Looking at this map Phil, I'd say that 76a is the blank pitch just above where it says 76as that is where the Pilgrim Owners club normally is and on their site they have said they have 76a as well 76 is where the Rickman owners set up site and 60 is where the JBA owners go. 53 opposite is the Westfield Club ;D

8)

The Rickman Owners club are listed as being on 76B in last years guide so I'm confused now. So is it the plot on the map with no number that we are sharing?

Bulldog Bri

Yes ;D If everyone is in their normal spots then the blank one is the one we'll be sharing. :D

The Pilgrim club have us mentioned on their site as well. http://pilgrim-cars.com/index.php/topic,828.0.html?PHPSESSID=d87af767d5010452846599c21b254580

8)

Pilgrim Anna

We will definitely be attending. We never miss out on our Annual Pilgramage. We maybe going up on the Saturday instead this year and staying 2 nights. Undecided at the moment. ::)

peterw

Not sure on this one yet, after last years catastrophy :D :D

Sumov8

Bri  Just been given a weekend off for good behaviour so can you put me down for the Sunday and Monday, I will dig the tent out. ;)

Bulldog Bri

And to remind everyone. I've got us a superb pitch site shared with the Pilgrim Club right on the main drag up to the show halls.

So please let's show them we can put on a great display and worth sharing their space with. ;D

8)

sanzomat

I'm hoping to join in the Sunday run up and stay for most of the Sunday but doesn't look like an over-nighter for me. I've been promised a burger off the barby at the GTM Owners Club stand too but I think the BKCC stand needs a GTM as GTMOC will have lots already!

robp

Yes. I'll be there on one day.

Moleman

8)

Who's going so far?

1.   Bulldog Bri
2.   Pilgrim Anna
3.   Moleman
4.   Iancider
5.   CC Cyclone
6.   Iainl
7.   damouk
8.   sanzomat (Sunday)
9.   Sumov8
10. Walnut
11. Robp
12. Tigercub84
13. Dixie
14. Cobra68
15. The Gaffer. One day.
16?

Come on people this is the biggest Kit Car show in the UK!
Anyone else up for this then?

we will sort a convoy there if anyone would like this closer to the date.  :)

Balders1973

Hey everyone,

I'm all for joining up with the convoy on the Sunday if OK?
Will have to join you all on the Fosse Way though as I live in Swindon.

Shame I can only stay for the Sunday though :(

Moleman

Quote from: Balders1973 on 20, April, 2015, 11:21:41 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm all for joining up with the convoy on the Sunday if OK?
Will have to join you all on the Fosse Way though as I live in Swindon.
No problem. where will it be best to meet up with you? I'm guessing Cirencester?  :)

I'm also thinking of going a bit earlier as I'm only staying for the one day. I'm thinking I might leave at 7am to get there by 9 but we can do 2 convoys if that's to early for the people staying longer.

So please can people say what they would like to do.
                                                                            1, Meet up for convoy at 7 am
                                                                            2, Meet up for convoy at 8 am or a bit later
                                                                            3, you will make your own way there

All subject to weather of course.  :)

Moleman option 1.
                                                       what about everyone else?

fletch_306

Put me down for this i'm thinking that i can get the car ready in the time required to get to this one. it won't be "finished" finished but it will be road legal and hey when are they ever finished. put me down for the early convoy with you moleman!
i will be going for the one day only so want to get there as early as possible. Is there anything else i need to know for this one?

Fletch

sanzomat

I'm thinking I'll go for the 8am convoy. I'm still waiting for a confirmed date for my front shocks to come back from being refurbished (they said it would be 2 days a week ago!) so I might still be bolting the shocks on at 7am.

As I'm slightly north of Bristol, has the route been confirmed yet so I can find a suitable rendezvous? I note Ianciders earlier comment about avoiding the Badminton horse boxes but I think the horse trials are the following weekend (wonder if they'll be found guilty this year). If you are sticking with A420 I might join at Wick, if going up the A46/A429 I'd suggest the lay-by near old sodbury hill fort, just after the garage beyond the Cross Hands lights.

Is the 8am start from central Bristol? If so, after a bit of faffing around I suppose it might take half an hour to get to either of these possible rendezvous?

Moleman

Fletch you don't need anything as all kit cars get let in free. I think the passenger pays £10.

We will probably meet at the Willy Wicket BS36 1DP then head up the westerleigh rd  to the A46.  :)

benchmark51

Are we doing a rendevous at the White Harte, Bridgeyate as last year? I would go for a 8 a.m meet from there. I took a packed lunch last year and was glad of it, I found the food expensive and not up to much. Can always change your mind if you see something you fancy.

Moleman

At the moment I'm thinking the Willy Wicket until I get a better response as to who wants to do what then that can easily be changed. ::)

stevel

I will hopefully be there one day, also dependant on the Tiger passing MOT at the weekend.  I will meet there as I will be travelling from Gloucester.

Bulldog Bri

Just a little update on out shared pitch with the Pilgrim boys and girls. They will be having a BBQ going through the day so if you want to chuck a burger or 2 on feel free there may be even some freebies going as well from the Pilgrim club.

Let's just hope the sun shines for the show weekend. ;D

8)

damouk

Just looking and I will probably meet up with the convoy at northleach

Moleman

So please can people say what they would like to do.

1, Meet up for convoy at 7 am at Willy Wicket
                      2, Meet up for convoy at 8 am or a bit later At Willy Wicket (but may change)
                      3, you will make your own way there

All subject to weather of course.  :)

Moleman          option 1.
                      fletch_306        option 1.
                      Sanzomat         option 2.  (meet lay-by just after the garage beyond the Cross Hands lights)
                      Benchmark51    option 2.
                      Stevel              option 3.

what about everyone else?  :)

Iancider

I'm up for option 1.  Good idea to bring your own sandwiches.  Wifey will be bringing Cake - that should get the numbers up!

Ian

'The Gaffer'

2 or 3 for me but I cant see a convoy holding together all the way there?

Moleman

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 21, April, 2015, 09:41:04 PM
2 or 3 for me but I cant see a convoy holding together all the way there?

We managed about 15 last year without any problems.  :)

Bulldog Bri

That's cos I kept a steady drive apart from the horseboxes. It can be done, if anyone gets stuck at some lights then we pull over and best to have a car that stands out near the rear of the convoy so the lead can tell if anyone's missing.

We're going up on the Saturday this year so will.have the pitch ready for your arrival. Will stop by and pick up the banner Colin one eve this week if that's ok.

8)

paintman

Wouldn't it be better to find your own way up at your own pace not worrying about getting separated but meeting up at
a café or car-park not far from Stoneleigh and then convoying in.....just my 10 pennith. ::)