Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Stoneleigh 2015

Started by Bulldog Bri, 29, January, 2015, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Iancider

Aww Shucks too bad Colin - that show without you is like a smile without teeth!  :(

Happy to lead in your absence,

Ian

Bulldog Bri

Gutted mate. Next time start any repairs in plenty of time. (or just don't go attacking those cones)

8)

sanzomat

Quote from: damouk on 30, April, 2015, 06:11:44 PM

I'm up Sunday and I think fidodido is too as passenger, all being well we should be waiting in Cirencester with Sanzomat.

I wasn't going to be waiting at Cirencester - I'm going to wait for Benchmark51 and any others on the 8am start at the layby on the A46. Based on Dave leaving at Warmley at 8.00 I'm guessing around 8.15 at the A46 layby so about 8.45 at Cirencester. If I know you are going to be there waiting for us I'm happy to pop in to the travelodge car park and maybe wait for a while. I'll PM my mobile but may not answer if driving!, Cheers, Sanzomat (also Dave).

sanzomat

Quote from: Moleman on 01, May, 2015, 07:50:21 PM
well I'm sorry to say I won't be there. Ian will no doubt take over the early convoy. My car is still waiting for it's wheel arches to return.   >:(  :(  Long story to which I'm not going into. I know I can probably get a lift with one of you guys but I need to be home early & driving up is part of the fun so take loads of pictures & I will be there next year.  :)

Can't you just bungee a couple of half dustbins on the side and come anyway?

Moleman

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 01, May, 2015, 08:12:07 PM
Gutted mate. Next time start any repairs in plenty of time. (or just don't go attacking those cones)

8)

They have been off the car since Weston run. I thought that was plenty of time, A mixture of different things that delayed it I'm sorry to say.  ::)

Thanks for the comments though guys.

Dave I would love to go with it like this.

Hairy Santa

Sorry guys, I wont be there this year , not really up to it  ???

Hope all who go have fun 

CC Cyclone

Hello guys, I've been very quiet here of late, things a bit chaos. I've got the roof packed and will be raring to go. Can anyone tell me where the cross hands roundabout is? I can find the location anywhere via Google?!

Is the route taking the a420 to the a46 at tog hill and then over the m4 as last time? Also I will need the fuel stop en route again I think.....

benchmark51

I'm leaving at 8 a.m. from home and will pass the White harte at 8 .01'ish, we can meet there and will go to the meet with sanzomat at the layby after the Cross Hands at 8.15 'ish. Apo loggies if this is double dutch as I've just been up the local and I'm about to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

damouk

Quote from: sanzomat on 01, May, 2015, 09:01:32 PM
Quote from: damouk on 30, April, 2015, 06:11:44 PM

I'm up Sunday and I think fidodido is too as passenger, all being well we should be waiting in Cirencester with Sanzomat.

I wasn't going to be waiting at Cirencester - I'm going to wait for Benchmark51 and any others on the 8am start at the layby on the A46. Based on Dave leaving at Warmley at 8.00 I'm guessing around 8.15 at the A46 layby so about 8.45 at Cirencester. If I know you are going to be there waiting for us I'm happy to pop in to the travelodge car park and maybe wait for a while. I'll PM my mobile but may not answer if driving!, Cheers, Sanzomat (also Dave).
[/quote}

Hi Dave, I have just realised I am planning on hitting the early road train, but if I'm late I will give you a buzz in plenty of time.

sanzomat

Current forecast looks like leaving a bit later = quite a bit dryer.

Will be watching with interest how it develops during the day but if it stays like this I'm tempted to grab another half hour in bed and leave at 8.30 and maybe miss all the showers!

sanzomat

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 01, May, 2015, 10:56:33 PM
Hello guys, I've been very quiet here of late, things a bit chaos. I've got the roof packed and will be raring to go. Can anyone tell me where the cross hands roundabout is? I can find the location anywhere via Google?!

Is the route taking the a420 to the a46 at tog hill and then over the m4 as last time? Also I will need the fuel stop en route again I think.....

The cross hands is a pub on a crossroads/traffic lights on the A46 about 2-3 miles north of M4. Just north of there is a garage and just beyond that is a layby - thats where I'll be.

Iainl

I was hoping to join a convoy on Sunday, but looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow, I'm now planning on going up on Monday.

See you Monday

Iainl

CC Cyclone

It seems a shame we are not all going up together. Despite the horse boxes last year, the site of us all in convoy was more enjoyable for me than the show itself. I don't want to throw a spanner in the works at this late stage but couldn't the early birds have an extra coffee before setting off and those who like a little more sleep get to bed half hour earlier and we all leave together at 7.30?!

Anyway, either way I've got the roof on so bring on the rain :)

Bulldog Bri

Well, we've made it and set up. Good run up. ;D

Banners are up and fire pit going. See you all tomoz. ;)

8)

Iancider

CC Cyclone and everybody - we could make one big convoy.

It is a good point and I will now be leading the convoy in lieu of Moleman. Crash Test Dummy will be tail gunner.

The Convoy will now leave leave Willy Wicket at exactly7:30 and can also collect joiners at the A46 layby 0.5m north of Cross-Hands (Old Sodbury) at about 07:55.  We will pass through slowly so just hang on our tail for a rolling link-up.

The midway stop will be the Esso Services on the A429 junction just outside Cirencester at GL7 5DS Anybody who gets left behind - just link-up with us there. 

I will bring a few crib sheets for those with co-drivers. Journey time 2h20mins plus stop of 20 mins. ETA therefore = 10:10 at best - we may face some traffic in the Cotswolds due to the Bank Hols

WEATHER LATEST - Light showers 07:00-08:00, 10 degrees, Dk Cloud 11:00, Light cloud & 14 degrees as we arrive, small shower at 15:00 possible then hazy sun into the evening

See you all bright an early.  Top Gear rules apply  - we will leave on time and late-comers might catch as at the midway or we will see you there STAND 76A

Ian

Balders1973

Looking at the weather, and my exo car with no weather protection, it looks like Monday for me :(
Can I still park in the club stand?

cheers - Balders

CC Cyclone

Ian,
Good plan, I just hope the other guys log on and see the plan, although I guess everyone will make it there one way or another.
Will be in the lay-by ready to tag on by 7.45 and so will hook on the back as you pass. I don't have satnav in the cyclone so will try to keep up but will dig out an old school map just in case.

See you all tomorrow.

CC Cyclone

Come on Balders get the waterproofs out  :P

/ I will be the one with the roof on  ::)

Sumov8

OK then its 07:30 at the Wiily Wickes, I will top up with fuel and see you all there.

Lets hope for a good weekend!! :-*

stevel

It may be Monday for me too, will see in the morning!

Crash Test Dummy

Just a quick note to say that I will be attending and bringing up the rear of the convoy.

See you in the morning!

fletch_306

Apologies guys I have to pull out the car has issues and will just not make it tomorrow. I have been working so hard to get it there but unfortunately it just can't happen. I hope you all have a great day/ couple of days.

sanzomat

Quote from: Iancider on 02, May, 2015, 07:15:44 PM

The Convoy will now leave leave Willy Wicket at exactly7:30 and can also collect joiners at the A46 layby 0.5m north of Cross-Hands (Old Sodbury) at about 07:55.  We will pass through slowly so just hang on our tail for a rolling link-up.

The midway stop will be the Esso Services on the A429 junction just outside Cirencester at GL7 5DS Anybody who gets left behind - just link-up with us there. 

I'll bring forward my arrival at the A46 layby to 7.55 then. I've texted Dave (Benchmark51) and Mike Bishop to alert them to the earlier rendezous so hopefully they'll get the message.

The Cirencester stop was going to be at the Little Chef/Travelodge services just the far side of the A417 junction. I thought it was a Texaco, not Esso?

See you in the morning!

Balders1973

I'd wear the waterproofs - but the wife ain't so keen!
I will be there Monday weather permitting, bearing cakes to make up for being a wimp  :P

benchmark51

Well, I guess my stupiditus isn't as bad after all. ::) It would be madness to set out on a 90 mile trip in the rain with no roof or doors. I'll take Rex over the woods and get wet for an hour and come home to dry clothes and roast beef and yorkshire pud. :P

Tomorrow looks the better plan, so 8.am. start from Warmley A420, A46 ....... as originally planned for me, may see other topless ites en route.

CC Cyclone

I'm at the cross hands layby.
A real note of caution - the White lines on the A46 are incredibly slippery. If anyone passes anywhere selling underwear en-route it would make the remainder of my journey a bit more comfortable.

Take it easy.

CC Cyclone

I can also confirm the cyclone ain't that comfortable for a quick nap.

Balders1973

Benchmark,
Are you coming through Cirencester?
Would be good to hook up en route.

Bulldog Bri

Sun's out.  Just breezy. And tomorrow is supposed to be better. 

8)

benchmark51

Yes, after Tetbury (A433)(A429)and through Cirencester. I don't know what time, depends on traffic. If you PM me your mobile number I can let you know when I am nearing Cirencester. Dave

benchmark51

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 03, May, 2015, 01:13:47 PM
Sun's out.  Just breezy. And tomorrow is supposed to be better. 

8)
It's brightened up down here a bit, although it has been threatening all morning. Got a little wet over the woods but not bad. Had our roast beef and put one up ready for tomorrow. Just got to polish off the apple crumble and ice cream, then time for a kip! See you tomorrow. Dave

mikebishop

Hi, Dave (benchmark51),
I was planning to meet sanzomat this morning at the layby on the a46, but as it was raining and I don have a roof so I decided to leave it until tomorrow, what time would you be passing the cross hands tomorrow?

Pilgrim Anna

Another great year at Stoneleigh. :)

Bulldog Bri

Great day in the end. Once it stopped raining (just after 9:30) bit windy but stayed dry. ;D even better tomorrow.

8)

benchmark51

I will be leaving Warmley at 8 a.m., so should reach the layby just past the Cross Hands around 8.20 'ish.
Dave

Balders1973

Hi Dave,

PM sent with details - looking forward to the trip up.

Carl

Bulldog Bri

Sun's out with clear blue skies. Gonna be a cracking day.

8)

Iancider

Yesterday was a great day. 

Logically it self-selected visitors as those with a roof but in the end the weather was kind n the end.  The rain stopped as we arrived and then the sun came out.  The ground dried and and the exhibits were all very good. 

Met loads of people there and it was quite a social event.  Met members Matt from Swindon and Flipper for the first time.  Flipper will help us with our project. We also gained a new member for so look out for Boyo in the next couple of days.  Had a very good chat with Ian Stent and he made us a great offer (see below).  He is also very keen to run our new project as a running article. 

Also had a long chat with Dynamic Ed and it is good to see him up and about again.  He is managing his condition very well and his determination is just stronger. He is resigned to the fact that he cannot do track-days any more but he is driving again.  He too is going to be an avid supporter of our new project.  (I'll post details in the right thread)

And the special offer from Ian Stent..... - the best stand right at the centre of the Castle Combe Show on 20th June.  We have Gold passes - 30 so far and he can issue up to 40.  At this point we have 22 volunteers so we have another 18 top spots if you want to be part of the prime exhibit in the show!

Thanks to Bulldog Bri for organising a paddock for an exhibit space - it was amazing! And thanks too to Moleman for the Flag it was very eye catching and the very first thing you saw a you entered the show.

Today with the better weather we should see more attendance.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Pilgrim Anna

Club banner looks great!

Pilgrim Anna

Day 2 of Stoneleigh. Massive turnout on our club stand/pilgrim club. Weather is also fantastic :D

(edit by Bri)