Started by Moleman, 02, February, 2015, 08:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Hairy Santa

benchmark51

Moleman

Gary RH7

Going to check this out tomorrow as it sounds like fun though I don't think I could keep up on the track at 100mph but I might limp round at 90 for the hell of it.

Moleman

Any more people up for this & just to clarify Bristol Motor Club's Family Day at Castle Combe. 26th July is on26th JULY ???

Moleman

This is a good event which we go to every year. It is a good show & you get a chance to drive your car around the circuit without the noise restrictions  8) They are parade laps but as Dixie has pointed out the car you follow dosen't hang about so you do get a little feel of what it's like to go around a race circuit.  :D

The event is free unless you want to do the parade laps which is £14

You can enter your car for this event by clicking on this link = http://bristolmc.org.uk/fsd-online-entry/

On the last page you will see this so please put for B.K.C.C. stand please in the section marked other:

Declaration
How did you hear about this event?
  Past entrant
BMC website
other media/leaflet/poster
recommendation from someone else
Other: ( B.K.C.C. stand please)

So who else has entered?   1, Moleman
                                        2, Facial Hair Optional
                                        3, Iancider
                                        4, Sanzomat
                                        5, Benchmark51
                                        6, Paintman
                                        7, Danwilko
                                        8, Freedom 1
                                        9, Bulldog Bri
                                       10, Pilgrim Anna
                                        Anyone else up for this :)

Moleman

Hairy Santa

Cob68

Gary RH7

I have entered and paid Colin :) :)

See you all there. ::)

Cheers
Gary

Sumov8

Moleman

Thanks for letting me know guys.  8)

So who else has entered?   1, Moleman
                                        2, Facial Hair Optional
                                        3, Iancider
                                        4, Sanzomat
                                        5, Benchmark51
                                        6, Paintman
                                        7, Danwilko
                                        8, Freedom 1
                                        9, Bulldog Bri
                                       10, Pilgrim Anna
                                       11, Hairy Santa
                                       12, Cobra68
                                       13, Gary RH7
                                        Anyone else up for this :)

Iancider

Thanks Moleman

Zoe is already aware that we are going but I have not communicated with her for about 6 weeks.  We also need to make arrangement with Dave G to get the chassis down there.

Regards

Ian

Moleman

Give me a call tomorrow mate & let me know what you need.  :)

Moleman

I will probably do a little meeting point for those who want to go in together. I will be at the normal meeting spot for the circuit. The Cross Hands Hotel,Tetbury Road,Old Sodbury,Bristol, BS37 6RJ.
I will be there for 9.15am & leaving at 9.30am to go to the circuit.

So who is up for this?  :)

sanzomat

Great. See you at the Cross Hands then.

Did everyone get the instructions and entry pass from Zoe? Not so easy to pick everyone out from the list as its real names rather than forum names!

Moleman

I know what you mean mate. There is far too many Dave's.  :P :P

danwilko

We will drive straight down there due to the little guy :) planning on leaving around 9ish from ours as that's his nap time, although he enjoys the car round I doubt he'll fall asleep

benchmark51

Quote from: Moleman on 20, July, 2015, 07:32:27 PM
I know what you mean mate. There is far too many Dave's.  :P :P

Rubbish, half of them are Rodney's but Trigger keeps calling them Dave ;D ;D

paintman

I read on the gumff that the parade laps will be held with a top speed of 50mph being controlled by a pace car! :o

Lot of cars won't get out of first gear!!...lol ;D ;D ;D

sanzomat

I spoke with Zoe on the phone (when she was chasing my payment :-[). She said it depends on who ends up driving the pace car. They have to say 50mph to stay within the rules for "parade laps" but it may well be quite a bit more...

Facial Hair Optional

I have heard varying reports on last years '50mph pace laps' being anything from 70 to 100mph!!

Let's hope eh!!  ;D ;D

Moleman

I will ask her if I can be the pase car if you like.  8)

You better keep up though & be ready to do a bit of off roading. :P

Facial Hair Optional

Somehow I dont think I'd stand much chance in the Tiger Colin!!  :(

sanzomat

I'm fine with some off-roading - how about some synchronised spinning? Just watch out for those PV panels - a  bit harder than cones...

benchmark51

Just got back from walking the dog over the woods and a good drenching was had by all! Looks like more of the same on Sunday, SOGGIO  :(. So don't forget your waders and rubber duck FHO, but look on the bright side it probably wont snow  ;D ;D.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 24, July, 2015, 11:03:58 AM
Just got back from walking the dog over the woods and a good drenching was had by all! Looks like more of the same on Sunday, SOGGIO  :(. So don't forget your waders and rubber duck FHO, but look on the bright side it probably wont snow  ;D ;D.

A few days back I got kinda prepared Dave, I got out the (hopefully) waterproof car cover, put it over a tin top and washed the whole thing off and let it dry in the sun (remember the sun, that big hot orange thing that used to be in the sky most days!??). It will be neatly packed in the passenger footwell for the day at Combe, where hopefully it will stay!

If it rains I will charge people 50p a ticket as a raffle to "guess what's under the cover"!! They have to be specific, make, model, colour etc, closest wins.....

PS this competition will not be open to BKCC members!!!  ;D

Atm according to Points West weather the rain is not due til later in the day and the morning will be dry, so we had better make the most of the a.m. hours methinks. Fingers crossed the forecast changes.  :) :)

sanzomat

Just flicked around a few different weather sites and all agree heavy rain from 10am (90% probability), still heavy rain at 1pm (90%). light rain at 4pm (50%). Still time for it to change though ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Bummer. So we need comfy chairs, brollys, coats, wets for the track, a thermos of hot tea, anything else??

Sounds like my car will spend the day covered 'cos I ain't going thru a Shearwater revival!!! (You more mature people will get that one!!)  :P

Moleman

We will have have to see on the day.  ::)  I will admit this one won't be much fun if it's raining. Why is it always on out door shows.  >:(

What I will say is that we will meet up at Castle combe on the day so no one is waiting around for people who won't be turning up.

So no meeting point before the show we will meet there on the day.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 24, July, 2015, 06:05:01 PM
I will admit this one won't be much fun if it's raining. Why is it always on out door shows.  >:(

What I will say is that we will meet up at Castle combe on the day so no one is waiting around for people who won't be turning up.

So no meeting point before the show we will meet there on the day.

Why is it always on a weekend more like!!! It can rain all the week b4 as far as I'm concerned as long as it's dry on the weekends when we have car events on!!

Just a  though Colin, the rain is currently predicted from about 10am, the paddock is open at 8.45am. I can see people driving off home by lunchtime if the weather gets bad. Wouldnt it be better to make the most of the earlier dry hours and meet up beforehand at the Cross Hands, then drive there together like you originally planned but perhaps a little earlier?

As long as there is a deadline to leave the Cross Hands and everyone knows it then we wouldn't be waiting for anyone 'cos they know we will be leaving at say 8.30a.m. and that if they are late they can meet us at Combe in any case. I only say this as I can see what with the weather threatening like it is that this may in fact possibly be the best part of the whole day and the actual Combe event may be a bit of a damp squib for us kit car lot  :(

At least we would (should) be driving there in the dry and all together. If we all turn up willy nilly I can see people either driving there later (in the rain - really!!??) or more likely not going at all. Speaking for myself, as I have NO wet weather gear at all (and no windscreen etc), I will be either driving there in the dry (early a.m.) or not at all (not much choice!!).

In the meantime I will be praying to the sun god every minute from now until Sunday morning!  :D :D

I'm just voicing a view here, you may all disagree and think it's a pants idea!!! (and I know you will tell me if so!!) I am the worst early morning person in the world, so believe me it will be as hard for me any anyone to make this but I still think it's a good idea, and if the rest of the day is set to rain, I am sure people will not stay all afternoon in those conditions (especially if it is anything like today has been!!!!!!!)  :o :o :o :o

Anyone else got views on this or ideas on what we should do?? At the end of the day I see Colin as the boss here, so I am more than happy to go along with what he decides, as I said, this is just one possible view!!

Moleman

Thanks for the comments mate but it doesn't really open to the public until 10 & I was planning on bringing the Go inspire Chassis but probably won't bother now unless the weather report changes.

I will still be going unless when I open the curtains & it's pouring down as there won't be anywhere to shelter from the rain. I'm still hoping they will be wrong as we have had this before & it's turned out ok.  8)

I'm still saying meet up there as I can't say if I'm bringing the Go inspire project yet until tomorrow evening.  :)

Fingers crossed the weather will be fine. 8)

Facial Hair Optional

Cool, Ok Colin, Let's hope the weather changes then cos we have all been looking forward to this one for ages!!

I booked to go last year b4 I knew you guys, had paid and eveything and then the night b4 had a bad incident which meant I couldn't go. Me and my son were gutted!! I hope this year we make it!! See you there then mate all being well.

If you take to Go Inspire chassis etc, how are you gonna get it there??

Moleman

I was taking it there tomorrow as I thought someone was staying there but as they are not now I could take it on the day if the weather is ok in my van with the car on the trailer.  :)

paintman

If it does pi** down i'm not going. ???

Bin sideways around Quarry a few times in the wet and don't like the view of the bank!!......besides can't be bothered to fight
the Hood to get the roof on,....broke all my nails last time. ;D

Facial Hair Optional

I'm still going but looks like I will be taking a car......... with an electric convertible hood!!! Best of all worlds considering the due weather  :)

sanzomat

>95% probability of heavy rain at 10am... I'll give it a go but might not stay all day.

Moleman

I'm still hopeful it will be ok.  :) I will see what the weather is like when I get up.  :)

Hairy Santa

Just checked the weather again, it don't look good

Will do the same as Colin, make a decision in the morning

lets hope we can have some fun  :o