AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

20th June Castle Combe Action Day - Now to include Complete Kit Car show.

Started by sanzomat, 21, February, 2015, 02:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

smudge

I'm interested in bringing Bumble along if there's any tickets left please.

Cheers, Smudge

fromeflyer

I'm looking to collect mine on the next Thursday evening meet - cheers.

matty78

I'd love to goto this. My car has just been repainted an ready to be put on show.

Also, would love to attend a few events and meets this year due to the longer evenings.

Will have to try and catchup before this event and when i return from the ring

Moleman

Quote from: bdf693 on 12, May, 2015, 02:14:12 PM
Hi I would be interested in the Vip  pass if any left ? Thanks Daryl Payne

Hi Daryl,
Welcome to the Club. You will be most welcome to join us for the day, in the mean time feel free to click on the introduce yourself section & tell us a bit about yourself & what type of car you have, maybe even throw in a few pictures.
Cheers Colin. 

CC Cyclone

Will collect mine at some point either beforehand or on the day so keep it safe.

Moleman

Are you still going to Llandow this Saturday James? If so you can have it then.  :D

smudge

Colin,

I'm at Llandow this Saturday as well if there's a ticket available  :D

Cheers, Smudge

matty78

I'll pick mine up on the day at the cross hands pub if thats okay

freedom 1

mr tone

stevel

Meet at the Cross a Hands sounds good to me, sounds like a mini convoy from there!!

Gary RH7

Colin,

Can I get my ticket via a stamped addressed envelope as well?

Cheers,
Gary

CC Cyclone

Quote from: Moleman on 12, May, 2015, 08:07:00 PM
Are you still going to Llandow this Saturday James? If so you can have it then.  :D

CKC are now doing a photoshoot of my 356 at Castle Combe tomorrow, it has been a last minute thing as they had to arrange access and I had a mad rush to try and finish the car!  I'm therefore now having to forego Llandow to get everything ready for tomorrow and then catch up with work over the weekend.  Chaos as usual....

Moleman

We have at least 10 tickets that Ian has given out on the Thursday evening meet so please let us know who has them so we know who is left to get theirs on the list As we are running out fast.

Iainl

Can I get mine via an SAE, if you PM me the details I'll arrange it this end ASAP
Cheers
Iainl

Moleman

Quote from: Iainl on 13, May, 2015, 07:08:37 PM
Can I get mine via an SAE, if you PM me the details I'll arrange it this end ASAP
Cheers
Iainl
I will measure the passes tomorrow to see what size Envelope you will need to send mate.  :)

Can everyone else please let us know how they would like to get their passes?
Many Thanks Colin.  ;)

CC Cyclone

Colin,
I now coming to Llandow on Saturday, bad weather, castle combe not letting CKC on track for the photoshoot etc...  So they are photographing it at Llandow on Saturday Lunchtime. See you  all then, I can therefore collect my pass on saturday.

Balders1973

Sorry for the late reply, been off working too much  :(

I'm Swindon based so can I get mine via SAE as well please?

Cheers

'The Gaffer'

I will get mine at Llandow Colin.

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 14, May, 2015, 11:19:25 AM
Colin,
I now coming to Llandow on Saturday, bad weather, castle combe not letting CKC on track for the photoshoot etc...  So they are photographing it at Llandow on Saturday Lunchtime. See you  all then, I can therefore collect my pass on saturday.

We might finally meet :)

Moleman

We are still waiting for some people to let us know if they have had their tickets from the Thursday evening meeting & as to what everyone else would like to do about collecting theirs? Please let me know very soon. Thanks.  :)     
Going so far                 Moleman                             Ticket received                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                                  Iancider =1                         Ticket received
                                  Crash test dummy +1          Ticket received
                                  Benchmark51                      Ticket received
                                  Sanzomat +1                      Ticket received
                                  Chlorate +1               
                                  Robp                                  Ticket received
                                  The Gaffer                          Collect at Llandow
                                  Hairy Santa                        Ticket received +2 
                                  Iainl                                  (SAE)
                                  Paintman                           (Will save one for you)                                 
                                  damouk                             
                                  CC Cyclone +1                   Collect at Llandow
                                  Dixie                           
                                  Bulldog Bri                   
                                  Pilgrim Anna
                                  fromeflyer +1                    (Hope to pick it up ticket on next Thursday evening meet)             .
                                  Fullpint +1                 
                                  Freedom 1  +1                  (will collect at the meeting point on the day)       
                                  Gary RH7.                         (SAE)
                                  Fletch_306                        (will collect at the meeting point on the day)
                                  Balders1973                      (SAE)
                                  Stevel                               (will collect at the meeting point on the day)
                                  Tigercub84
                                  Mikebishop                        Ticket received
                                  Alastair                             Ticket received
                                  Lucky Ed                           Ticket received
                                  Smudge                            (Will collect at LLandow)
                                  Wacky
                                  Matty78                            (Will collect at the meeting point on the day)
                                  Jmad                                (Hope to pick it up ticket on next Thursday evening meet)
                                  bdj693                              (SAE)
                                  Mr Tone                            (Will collect at LLandow)
                                  Flipper55                           Ticket received
                                  Flipper55 Extra car             Ticket received
                                  Anymore 4 spaces left 8)

jmad

Hi. If the weather is good I am planning on coming up to the next Thursday evening so will collect my ticket then.

Thanks

Iancider

Further for the List:

Brian and Anna took two at Stoneleigh.  I know I issued more.  Brian is on the reserve list for a third one if there is a spare.  Another 10 and the final ten on order from Ian Stent to be collected at Llandow.

Anybody else who has a ticket that has not responded yet please do so promptly please.

paintman

Want to come but don't know if the car will be on the road by then.  (accident :-[)

The nose-cone and new bonnet are ordered but GBS cars said it would be about 4 weeks and that's without fitting,
re-spraying and the suspension/steering done by Camber Dave.

Moleman

We will save your space mate. So get cracking on fixing it.  ;D

Dixie

You can come with me Tony, but won't be on the track.  The Cob is too noisy at 103db.

Mark

Iancider

Dixie,

Teasingly close to 105 dB - go on you know you want to.....

Ian

Moleman

paintman

Quote from: Dixie on 15, May, 2015, 09:53:17 PM
You can come with me Tony, but won't be on the track.  The Cob is too noisy at 103db.

Mark

Cheers Mark, I'll take you up on that.....or I could do a few laps in the transit maybe!! :P

'Mendip Wurzel'

Colin .... If there are any remaining passes then I would be interested
Thanks

damouk

Sorry ive been away from the forum for a couple of days, yes I have my golden ticket... :0

Iancider

Update: "Golden Ticket" News

SteveC you now have yours
The Gaffer has his

I am holding tickets with names on for:
CC Cyclone your ticket is still reserved and I have it. Sorry we didn't quite connect on that today
Freedom 1
Matt78

Mr Tone has requested a ticket an is on the reserve list
Bulldog Bri has requested another ticket and is on the reserve list
Mendip Wurzel is on the Reserve list

Hairy Santa has two for himself and another to be named
Damouk has his ticket

New member today TheOneRonnie is on the reserve list

Other new members from the Riverside please pop-up an introduction post and state if you took a ticket please

Those of you who have requested a ticket after I ran out of allocations - you are on the reserve list which will result in a named ticket as soon as the next batch arrives.

Today I have ordered 10 more with the option of more still if necessary - "the yellow pen" boundary could be expanded to cope.

The Chairslayer project will launch at the Combe with avid support from the circuit.  Ben, the inspiration will attend if he is well enough and his Father Sam will come along to help promote the launch as well.  Our trailer may be left in the exhibitors trailer park so it is really working well.  The Chassis will be on-show and we will put together some sort of promotional display.

Facial Hair Optional

Hi Colin and Ian, it was great to see you both at Queens Square the other Sunday.

I have not been around much of late due to personal and work issues as you know.

Have just gone on the forum and have to admit am a bit confused now about the June 20th action day Castle Combe event. I have been given a gold/yellow ticket at the Sunday meet (not the Thursday meeting!). Do you now need to add my name to the list?? Also I am not sure which car I will be in atm, does that matter?

All the best, Steve

PS on the ticket it says that I MUST hang it from my rear view mirror, I don't have a rear view mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wasn't it in the one of the Gumball films that the guy said "what's behind us doesn't matter" and flung his rear view mirror out of the car?!!) I can hang it elsewhere if that's ok? (no rude comments please!)

I have just tried it on and it fits quite nicely over my right ear so I think I'll go with that option ok!!

Moleman

Hi Steve. We just needed to know who had the tickets so we wasn't holding one back for someone who already had one.
It doesn't matter on which car you are taking or about hanging in on the mirror, (I don't have one either) it just needs to be on show when you go in & park up.
I will add your name to the list & thanks for letting us know.  :)

All you need to do now is decide which car you are taking & if your going to meet us there or join the convoy.  :)
Regards Colin. 

Moleman

We are still waiting for some people to let us know if they have had their tickets from the Thursday evening meeting & as to what everyone else would like to do about collecting theirs? Please let me know very soon. Thanks.  :)     
Going so far                 Moleman                             Ticket received                                                                           
                                  Iancider =1                         Ticket received
                                  Crash test dummy +1          Ticket received
                                  Benchmark51                      Ticket received
                                  Sanzomat +1                      Ticket received
                                  Chlorate +1               
                                  Robp                                  Ticket received
                                  The Gaffer                          Collect at Llandow
                                  Hairy Santa                        Ticket received +2 
                                  Iainl                                  (SAE)
                                  Paintman                           (Will save one for you)                                 
                                  damouk                             (ticket received)
                                  CC Cyclone +1                   Collect at Llandow
                                  Dixie                           
                                  Bulldog Bri                         Ticket received
                                  Pilgrim Anna                      Ticket received
                                  Bulldog Bri= Extra car                       
                                  fromeflyer +1                    (Hope to pick it up ticket on next Thursday evening meet)             .
                                  Fullpint +1                 
                                  Freedom 1  +1                  (will collect at the meeting point on the day)       
                                  Gary RH7.                         (SAE)
                                  Fletch_306                        (will collect at the meeting point on the day)
                                  Balders1973                      (SAE)
                                  Stevel                               (will collect at the meeting point on the day)
                                  Tigercub84
                                  Mikebishop                        Ticket received
                                  Alastair                             Ticket received
                                  Lucky Ed                           Ticket received
                                  Smudge                            (Will collect at LLandow)
                                  Wacky
                                  Matty78                            (Will collect at the meeting point on the day)
                                  Jmad                                (Hope to pick it up ticket on next Thursday evening meet)
                                  bdj693                              (SAE)
                                  Mr Tone                            (Will collect at LLandow)
                                  Flipper55                           Ticket received
                                  Flipper55 Extra car             Ticket received
                                  Stevec                               Ticket received
                                  Mendip Wurzel
                                  Facial Hair Optional             Ticket received
                                  Royboy                              Ticket Received

We are waiting for the extra tickets which didn't arrive at Llandow so if they come everyone should get one guys.  :D

Facial Hair Optional

The convoy sounds like a good idea. Can you let me have the details pls? Sorry if all this is hassle and I'm way behind on things, I'll get up to speed as soon as I can. I would also like to go round the track on that day, I heard that was an option? How do I book that Colin?

Facial Hair Optional

PS I have no idea if my car would pass the noise test either, I think the Cossie would as it's been tracked a lot but the Tiger is quite loud!

sanzomat

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 18, May, 2015, 10:30:47 PM
I would also like to go round the track on that day, I heard that was an option? How do I book that?

Probably the easiest way to book a track slot is to phone Castle Combe circuit as you can then pay by card over the phone. Check the table of track slots on the Combe website - you will see that there are a number of slots that are kit car only (and others for classics only etc and some that are for anyone). I've gone for the 15:15 slot and I believe others in the club may have too. The early bird £20 rate has now expired but you should be able to get the advance price of £25 per 15 min slot still. It will be £35 on the day if there are any slots left.

RoyBoy

Hi all I am new to the club and came along to the last Thursday evening meeting. I can confirm I will be attending the Castle Coombe action day and also collected a Golden ticket during the last meet.

Can you please add my name to the list?

Iancider

Thanks Royboy.

LATEST NEWS:

More tickets have arrived - they happen to be Blue but that does not matter, we are still all in the special display area.   I will continue putting names on the the tickets for those on the reserve list.  If there is still further demand than we can get MORE tickets - this is easy isn't it!  I should also be making an important announcemnt about the middle of next week - watch this space.

I will make another post soon to make all of the new additions. 

If anybody wants tickets that has not asked yet please speak up soon - going fast.

Moleman

Quote from: RoyBoy on 20, May, 2015, 08:32:46 PM
Hi all I am new to the club and came along to the last Thursday evening meeting. I can confirm I will be attending the Castle Coombe action day and also collected a Golden ticket during the last meet.

Can you please add my name to the list?

Hi Royboy & welcome to the club. How about introducing yourself & stick a picture up of your car so we can all see it.  8)
Also feel free to put your name down to any of our other events we have on our events calender.  8)