Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Families Day at Highnam Court on Saturday 8th August 2015 - 2:00pm to 7:00pm

Started by Moleman, 18, May, 2015, 08:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

sanzomat

It was a good afternoon out. As Benchmark Dave said the event itself was more like a fete than a car show but I suppose that's how it was billed. I wasn't a big fan of the choice of music but it certainly didn't spoil a lovely picnic in the very nice grounds of Hignham Court. I also enjoyed looking at the F1 lotus and the various other display cars. I also liked the owl and chatting to its keeper. Had to dash off mid afternoon as wife and daughter had theatre tickets. We went back via the forest/Wye valley - A 40 to Huntley, left to Mitcheldean (home from 1989 to 1993), over Plump Hill and through Five Acres then down through Newland into Redbrook and along the Wye to Chepstow.

Others in the convoy may have noticed my car was a bit noisier than usual. It got gradually worse all the way back, with a step change accompanied by the sound of a bolt falling off. That was one of two bolts holding together a flanged joint at the engine side of the silencer. The second one was loose but had quite a few turns left on the thread so I carried on and made it home rather noisily! An easy fix with a new bolt (well, one previously used on my front suspension - kept all the old bolts when I re-built it with new ones!). Should be okay for the noise test next week now.

Pilgrim Anna

Sorry we didn't make this one. Bri busy up the garage swapping engines and my last day of summer hols so decided to go out with my boy for the day instead.

Facial Hair Optional