Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queen's Square Sunday morning meet 12th July

Started by Moleman, 05, July, 2015, 08:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a really good chance to meet up with car enthusiasts from all over Bristol. it is held on the Sunday morning from about 9am at Queen Square, Bristol, City of Bristol BS1 4QS

We are now supporting the Avenue Driver's Club in their efforts to sustain this magnificent free public event and thanks to all who have signed up (for free)  If you haven't follow this link to do so.

http://www.avenuedriversclub.co.uk/joinus.html

I know we are always immaculately behaved but I am going to ask three things.  We wish to make a positive impact on the Square and for Bristol as a whole. 
(a) If you see some litter could you pick it up and put it in the bins (not ours but we will help)
(b) If somebody does make noise, very politely explain the situation to them so that the show is not banned as a result - that also applies to burning rubber and the like
(c) Invite as many members of the public as possible to enjoy this benefit for Bristol

So this is a great venue with a good atmosphere so who is up for it?

This one is getting really popular now so it is best to get there early if you can.  :)

So who else is up for this?  :)

sanzomat

I'll be absent from this one. Should be on the shores of Lake Maggiore if all goes well.

Iancider

I'll be there but I will bring Noah after today's experience!

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

mikeyb

I'm hoping to make it.  My first ever visit. Mike.

Bulldog Bri

Crunchie Gears

I am looking forward to being at my first Avenue Driver's Club meet and hope the Westfield will be ready  :D. The sun is shining and the cars are great.

Moleman

I wont be going I'm sorry to say. All day at grillstock drinking beer & eating food for 12 hours so no driving for me on Sunday.  :)

Iancider

QuoteI wont be going I'm sorry to say. All day at grillstock drinking beer & eating food for 12 hours so no driving for me on Sunday.  :)

And no waking up or bending over and certainly no change of getting your belly under that wheel! ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 06, July, 2015, 09:06:57 PM
I wont be going I'm sorry to say. All day at grillstock drinking beer & eating food for 12 hours so no driving for me on Sunday.  :)

Oooh you LARDASS!!  :P :P :P :P :P :P

Moleman

I'm still half the weight of you two  :-*  Just trying to give you a advantage at Combe in August.  ;D

Any more going to this?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 07, July, 2015, 07:23:13 PM
I'm still half the weight of you two  :-*  Just trying to give you a advantage at Combe in August.  ;D

Any more going to this?

Well you'll need to try much harder than that Colin, you're gonna slaughter me!!!!  :-[

Sumov8

Crunchie Gears

The weather looks very wet on Sunday.  Does it still happen in the rain?

The Westfield will not be finished but I will be there anyway but in something with a roof! ;D

Iancider

It still happens in major storms!  Weather just sorts the men from the boys!  :o

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 09, July, 2015, 10:03:56 PM
It still happens in major storms!  Weather just sorts the men from the boys!  :o

Ian

Well said that man!!

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 09, July, 2015, 10:37:50 PM
Quote from: Iancider on 09, July, 2015, 10:03:56 PM

Ian

Well said that man!!

Looks like I have been shamed into make sure I am there in good time then. LOL. :o :-\

Facial Hair Optional

In all fairness Crunchie, is it tips down again this weekend I'll be bringing something with an electric hood  :-\ :-[

peterw

Hairy Santa

Brandy Barrel

Man and a boy will be attending, i think e are aiming as early s poss 9am. Maybe a bit early for some  :P lol
We have a roof but no frame or wipers.... We'll give it a whirl if we dont get blown into the severn first....

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 11, July, 2015, 07:40:28 PM
Man and a boy will be attending, i think e are aiming as early s poss 9am. Maybe a bit early for some  :P lol
We have a roof but no frame or wipers.... We'll give it a whirl if we dont get blown into the severn first....

On a sunny day it's full by 8am!!!

You may be ok tomorrow though as the weather isn't looking too clever atm   :(

Brandy Barrel

Whaa really!!! Ok we need to get up early.. Thanks so much for the heads up..
I guess we might miss the rain if we get there early enough.

Bulldog Bri

Argh!!! Annas working tonight now, not finishing till 8 in the morning, :( We hope to head off as soon as poss'. Save us a space ::)

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Brandy Barrel on 11, July, 2015, 09:05:05 PM
Whaa really!!! Ok we need to get up early.. Thanks so much for the heads up..
I guess we might miss the rain if we get there early enough.
No probs, there are usually people and cars coming and going all day until midday or even later if the sun is out.

Moleman

Please let me know what you thought of this venue/event on the new thread on Queens Square yes or no.
Thanks colin.