News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Prescott Revival Sunday 9th August

Started by smudge, 22, July, 2015, 01:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smudge

Just wanted to know if anyone else is going to brave this one after last year!!  It's the day after the Families Day at Highnam Court.

I'm booked in for two hill runs, and a hurricane won't stop me this year either  ;D

Website link: http://www.marcos-oc.com/Prescott_Revival/Home.html

Moleman

I may be up for this if I can convince some friends from NZ to go.  :)

rivsy36

I will be there with 4 hill runs booked, done about 7 runs last year had a great time. The weather was ok in the end last year to frightened to look this year as August is always unpredictable!!

Rivsy

smudge

Video of my final run up the hill, what a fantastic day  ;D

sanzomat

Looks great, thanks for sharing that. Worrying lack of run off space! Not much room for errors... No helmets either?

Iancider

Lucky Ed

Great stuff, I'd love to have a go sometime 8)

smudge

No helmets allowed as not timed runs, so it's not a competitive meet.  Personally I think the words "not' and 'competitive' are mutually exclusive  :D
And there's a great run off on the top right hand bend, it's called the sky, which if your going fast enough and lose it then meets the trees!!!  You certainly need balls of steel to go round that one flat out, and I'm nowhere near that  :o

Dixie

I went and did one run up the Hill.  Loved it, great fun.

Didnt like the right hand bend at the top with the 30Ft drop in front of me.  Tony Searle and I went once each as driver and passenger in each others car.

Youtube video attached of Tony "Doing the Hill".  I forgot I had my Go Pro, so didnt film me!!!

Facial Hair Optional

I must have missed the original posting about this! A good reason to keep posting to get events like this back at the top of the list I think!

Looks great  8) 8)

Armco though!!!! EEK!!!

Will they be doing this again anytime this year?? Or any other hillclimb for that matter. I've never been to one before even as a spectator. Would love to go.

Dixie

smudge

Great photo!!
That's a nice looking car behind  ;)

Moleman

Nice video's guys. That is funny how your both in the same shot.  8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: smudge on 11, August, 2015, 08:36:03 PM
Great photo!!
I agree! And 3 seats (not that I can get anyone to come in mine!). Never seen one before, does it have scissor doors? What engine do you have in it? Very nice indeed.

freedom 1

My wife & i had a fantastic day at prescott hill climb but funally she did not say a word on our journey up the hill......  htps://youtu.be/LsQ5bceUYHM

Facial Hair Optional

No idea what htps means but I love it when people cant stop laughing in the car!

Always a good sign that they have been a tad scared!!!  ;D

smudge

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 11, August, 2015, 09:12:19 PM
Quote from: smudge on 11, August, 2015, 08:36:03 PM
Great photo!!
I agree! And 3 seats (not that I can get anyone to come in mine!). Never seen one before, does it have scissor doors? What engine do you have in it? Very nice indeed.

Hahaha, so nice to see that there were other BKCC members there!  Unfortunately I, as always was blissfully unaware.
Yep, it's got scissor doors, engine is a 'tweaked' VW 1.8 from an Audi S3.
And the three seats are handy for getting both my daughters in, with me in between to referee the inevitable squabbling!!

rivsy36

I also went, had a fantastic time got 9 hill runs in filmed the first three on the GoPro, which then went flat. I will try and post one later.

Iancider

Freedom1

Loved that vid - had to watch it again!

A spirited drive and what a great reaction from your wife!

Ian

freedom 1

Thank you Ian it makes me laugh every time i watch the video. The only thing that concerns my wife now is how fast do i drive up the hill when shes not there to keep an eye on me?.........!!!! (she did the run 3 times with me by the way) It was a fabulous day & highly recommend it to other members to have ago. 

Moleman