News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Here's a trip

Started by benchmark51, 05, August, 2015, 02:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Iancider

Interesting find - I would be up for this one.

This appears to include some roads that I already had listed as must do's one day.

The journey there is 528 miles but that would include a fantastic drive alongside Loch Ness to Inverness.  The route itself would be about 500 miles and so about 1600 miles the whole trip.

So seriously - is anybody up for this?  I think it is certain you will need full weather gear.

Ian

damouk

I think I will put my hand down at this point..

Moleman

sanzomat

I would like to have a go but wouldn't want to have to rush it so it would probably need a whole week and I can't honestly see how I could justify using that much leave up. Will probably have to wait until retirement but its on the bucket list.

Iancider

If you want to enjoy this one it would be an 8 nighter at least

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 05, August, 2015, 07:46:58 PM
I would be good.  8)
You are always good Colin!!  :D :D  (ok, ok, we know you meant IT would be good!)

Facial Hair Optional

That looks a totally awesome trip!!

I would consider it in another car but I have no weather gear for my kit.

Plus, you have to get to Scotland first of course!!!

paintman

I would need a BUM transplant after a trip like that!!!! :o :o ;D ;D

Iancider

I would need a BUM transplant after a trip like that!!!! :o :o ;D ;D

It's do-able.  Last Year I did Snowdonia, The Peak District, Forest of Bowland, the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District including Wrynose and Hardknott passes.  2,000 miles in 2 weeks and still had enough energy to go to Oulton Park.

You need full weather gear, padded seats and an all-weather bag on the back. Simples!

Ian

benchmark51

Right now, Ratbag's not going to Redland let alone Scotland. Clutch cable still not arrived >:(

Pretty sure I wouldn't do this in a seven anyway, the Transit maybe 'cos I'd have to take Rex

Iancider

QuotePretty sure I wouldn't do this in a seven anyway, the Transit maybe 'cos I'd have to take Rex

Now you're talking - support vehicle and the Transit would be doing what it should be.  You could do the whole trip and still come home with a gallon to spare!

Neat

Ian

benchmark51

Well I dunno, have they got gas in Scotland? Although I suppose I could take a rubber hose and look for a bloke in a kilt ;D ;D

sanzomat

You could maybe do Paintman's bum transplant in the ambulance too....

Camber Dave

No, I did that one back in 1969 - in a Triumph Herald - in August - with a tent....
One word to sum it up - Midges

I also went right round Lewis and Harris.
Angus, the Mechanic I trained with came from Stornaway. He used to say when he got to Glasgow , he was half way home.

Facial Hair Optional

So it's a helluva long way, there is no gas, loads of midges, men in dresses and I don't like the sound of those two dodgey geezers Lewis and Harris either  ;D

benchmark51

Yeah, lets go to Brittany instead

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 07, August, 2015, 11:56:20 PM
Yeah, lets go to Brittany instead
Depends if she has shaved hear bloody head again! Oh, you mean the French place, qui qui!!

Brandy Barrel

France now I'd like that - warmer, less rain, no midges.
Only trouble is how many will try and get in the boot and under the car on my return?

Lucky Ed

Now France would be tempting 8)

Facial Hair Optional

benchmark51

I remember a nice town on the coast called La Baulle, nice long beach with sand yachts for hire, water park, smell of fresh bread and coffee. Modernish place, nice shops and a market.Campsite too, what are we waiting for? Got the edge on Scotland, and it's closer too.

Pilgrim Anna

Looks amazing! But sadly haven't got the time or money for a while :-[

Crunchie Gears

I like these road trips.  I would be up for this given dates!

Moleman

Perhaps we could do a France trip next year though I can guess already which 2 will be up for it.  :D