Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Castle Combe Supercar Day Saturday 24th October

Started by 'The Gaffer', 18, October, 2009, 05:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Event Summary
Supercar passenger rides for donations to the Stroke Association. Radical, Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus and TVR.
Rides start at £20 for 5 laps.

When?
Saturday 24 October from 9am to 5pm.

Where?
At Castle Combe racing circuit, Castle Combe, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 7EY, near to M4 Junction 17.
Enter via the competitors paddock gate please.

Who is there?
Apart from the cars and drivers on track, there will be displays from the MG ZT260 V8 Club and the MG ZR/ZS Register.

Other clubs are welcome and you can have a dedicated parking area – just get in touch with us to arrange this.
BKCC Event maybe?

How much does it cost?
Just £5 for general adult admission to see the cars and meet the drivers. Free admission for children with an adult. A ride is five laps in total and costs from £20 up to £60 depending on which car and driver you choose.

What else is there to do?
We have a racing simulator you can use, with a great prize for fastest lap of the day. We are also working on an off-road buggy ride area which will be confirmed in the news section of these pages if we pull it off!

Is food available at the circuit?
The famous Tavern Cafe will be open all day for hot drinks and home-cooked hot meals at great value prices.

List of the cars confirmed so far.
Car   Type   Driver
Marlin 5Exi   Road   Ken Robson
Westfield   Race   Chris Bradley
1964 Ferrari 250GT    Race   Tim Lewis
Metro Turbo   Race   Jon Flanagan
MG ZS V6   Race   Peter Burchill
1970 Jaguar E-Type 4.2   Road   Mick Horler
MG ZT520   Race   Paul Luti
Radical   Race   Rachel Davies
Radical   Race   NA
Radical   Race   NA
Radical   Race   NA
Radical   Race   NA
Radical   Race   NA
Radical   Race   NA
Radical   Race   Dario Troiano
Ultima Spyder   Road   Chris Varey
Caterham R400   Road   Rachel Green
Ferrari 328   Race   Richard Squires
MGF Cup   Race   NA
MG ZR190   Race   NA
MG ZR160   Race   NA
1967 Sunbeam Tiger   Race   Fraser Cowell
1974 Maserati Bora   Road   Fraser Cowell
Subaru Impreza 400bhp   Road   Fraser Cowell
Ginetta G50 GT4   Race   Tom Dunstan
Subaru Impreza RA   Race   NA
Honda Civic Type R   Race   Rick Rowles
MGB K Series   Race   Ollie Neaves
Dodge Viper Coupe   Race   Nadine Geary
MG SV 320   Road   Bjorn Arnils
MG ZS300 1.8 Turbo   Road   Dave Breen
MG ZS270 V6 Supercharged   Road   Ross Charlesworth
BMW M5 V8 550   Road   George MackMurdie
Metro Turbo   Race   James Dunkley
1971 Porsche 911E   NA   David Chivers
Marlin 5Exi   Race   Dylan Popovic
Ferrari 430   Road   Andrew Beaumont
MGB GTV8 4.2

Link to event www.stroke.org.uk/supercarsaturday

Login to Click the attachment below and see the event poster.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bulldog Bri

Nice one Phil. If weather looks good, I think I might be going to this.

Anyone else?

8)

Richard

Going to struggle to free time for this, things have gone crazy busy again, if I can I'll come up and happily pay to ride around with Ken if he'd be happy for the additional weight  ;)

'The Gaffer'

Ok, anybody else interested or able as we have been offered a club area in the paddock.

Krazyken

Just to add to Phils post I can confirm that entrance is £5 and a ride with me will be £20 all of which goes directly to The Stroke Association.

A ride in a Radical is just £40 which can go round CC 20 seconds a lap quicker than I can.  Also worth a ride are Chris bradleys 250BHP Westfield and Chris Vareys 550BHP Ultima.

One final incentive.  One of the Radical drivers Rachel Davies has just won her class in the 2009 UK Radical Championships.  She is very fit, good looking and very very fast!!!  What else could you want??

See you there.

Hairy Santa

weather permiting, could be a good day

stick me down please

Phil - can you let me know how I can get the payment for the go-carting to you please

EasyJimbo

I will be there as one of my friends is organising it so will be there for a few rides and bringing some guys from work. Wont have a car to bring though as I am still building it:-)

be good to meet a few of you as I havent been yet to any club meets due to work etc.
thanks
James

'The Gaffer'

The emails I have recieved and the response here indicate that we are not in the position to accept a club stand at this event.

I will email the organiser and let him know.

Good luck with the build James, just spotted your build blog http://mkjimbo-mkindybuild.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B08%3A00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00%2B08%3A00&max-results=50 Very good diary.

Interesting to see your Phil Jones diff rebuild number is 286, mine just done is 287. We must have passed in the door :D

EasyJimbo

Hi
Yes Phil did a great job and a really nice guy. His workshop is an aladins cave.
J

'The Gaffer'

AsboMan

Here's a video from the day of me in the ASBO 2. Ken organised a girl from Jack FM radio station , whose the first on the video, then their is a couple of other people shown, including me chasing a radical.

I was going to try and pop over to the bristol stand for some cake but I was flat out all day ... literally ... until I ran out of petrol.

Moleman

Krazyken

Great Video Robin, chasing the Radical was very interesting, you were quicker through the corners but the Radical had the power on the straights.  Having said that with all the aero grip the Radical has he should have been just as quick through the corners.

Just shows what a great package you and the ASBO are! :o

AsboMan

Iancider

As always utterly impressive Robin,

Loved watching you stick to the back of that Radical.  Alos impressed that you car took such punishment all day and kept going like a dream

Ian

Bulldog Bri

Facial Hair Optional

Which engine do you have in that crazy thing? Is it a BEC?  It sounds real niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!