Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CLASSIC, KIT & RETRO ACTION DAY, Castle Combe, 25th June

Started by CrisisWolf, 24, April, 2016, 08:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iancider

All,

We have the privilege of free tickets again and the best pitch again for the Classic Kit and retro-action day on 25th June at Castle Combe.  Please arrive at the Cross Hand Hotel Old Sodbury between 8:00 and 08:30 and will will distribute the tickets there and then run in convoy to the show.

Hope you all come - it was a great show last year!

Vindicator

Quote from: Iancider on 11, June, 2016, 10:15:18 PM
All,

We have the privilege of free tickets again and the best pitch again for the Classic Kit and retro-action day on 25th June at Castle Combe.  Please arrive at the Cross Hand Hotel Old Sodbury between 8:00 and 08:30 and will will distribute the tickets there and then run in convoy to the show.

Hope you all come - it was a great show last year!

Hi Ian, I will be coming in from the opposite direction. What will be the best arrangment for us 'eastenders'  ?.......Ian

Iancider

If you turn-up at the Cross-hands Hotel car-park at Old Sodbury BS37 6RJ between 08:00 and 08:30 we are dishing out FREE PASSES

If you want to have a lay-in then you can just turn up and pay on the gate!

Paul.latham

Just looked at the castle Combe website. It says clubs will be issued 10 passes.
Will this be enough?
How many people will be meeting at the hotel?

Not wanting to be a awkward but wouldn't it be better to meet at say the bell pub down the road from the circuit? Then anyone from say Swindon doesn't have to drive 10 minutes past to then turn round to come back?
Perhaps no one coming from that direction so doesn't matter. Just one of those random thoughts you have from time to time.🤔

Vindicator

Quote from: Paul.latham on 18, June, 2016, 08:29:33 AM

Not wanting to be a awkward but wouldn't it be better to meet at say the bell pub down the road from the circuit? Then anyone from say Swindon doesn't have to drive 10 minutes past to then turn round to come back?
Perhaps no one coming from that direction so doesn't matter. Just one of those random thoughts you have from time to time.🤔

I'm coming in from the Swindon side and asked a similar question above. I'm not planning to go to Old Sodbury so thought I will be paying on the gate....Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Hi Paul and Ian, most members attending do indeed come from the West side of Combe hence that meeting point. If you can get there I would advise coming, part of the fun of this particular day is that we all meet and have a good old chin wag 1st thing and drving/arriving in convoy really is great fun!!

I get your position on this though as it is a bit far past Combe for you guys but I would say it is well worth the extra bit of time (and all that extra enjoyment driving you car!!!!!!) to get there and come in convoy if you can  :) :)

Vindicator

Quote from: Paul.latham on 18, June, 2016, 08:29:33 AM
Just looked at the castle Combe website. It says clubs will be issued 10 passes.
Will this be enough?
How many people will be meeting at the hotel?

Hi Paul, are you out Swindon way?  I'm just outside Wootton Bassett....Ian

Paul.latham

Hi Ian
Yep I am in Chippenham.
As long as it's dry I will meet up with everyone in old sodbury.
It will be a different feel going in convoy. Especially being a newbie.
Hope I can park ok? Bike engine with a starter motor as reverse!
Bit crap but it sort of works. Lol.

Does anyone know if there might be a trade stand there that does wrapping?
Want to get my bonnet wrapped.

Sorted break lights. If you put a bulb in the wrong way it shorts across the terminals. What a poor design. Still what do you expect from a caravan! Lol.
Fitted aero screen today, so nearly finished putting my stamp on the new toy.

benchmark51

bulbs can be a pain sometimes. Ditched mine for leds on the rear end

Facial Hair Optional

I have a feeling Chaz is out that neck too, maybe you guys could do your own 'meet up and convoy' deal?

PS I can't actually recall if Chaz is atttending the event though ok!

Vindicator

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 18, June, 2016, 08:11:52 PM
I have a feeling Chaz is out that neck too, maybe you guys could do your own 'meet up and convoy' deal?

PS I can't actually recall if Chaz is atttending the event though ok!

I'm sure Chaz will catch up on here but last time we spoke he wasn't sure about work commitments....Any idea, Steve, which route you are all likely to take from Old Sodbury.....A46/A420 or M4?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Vindicator on 18, June, 2016, 08:21:04 PM
Any idea, Steve, which route you are all likely to take from Old Sodbury.....A46/A420 or M4?

From the Cross Hands to Castle Combe track is neither of those Ian. It's a direct route straight along the B4040 then the B4039 via Acton Turville and Burton. Lovely drive too!

7 miles, 12 minutes (lot less in a kit car!!)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Cross+Hands+Hotel,+Old+Sodbury/Castle+Combe+Circuit,+Castle+Combe,+Chippenham,+Wiltshire+SN14+7EY/@51.507188,-2.2796213,13z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x48718fbda43c1f75:0x46a987f50a0671f6!2m2!1d-2.3423142!2d51.5290105!1m5!1m1!1s0x487179fc19542e41:0xfdd9ccaedb930702!2m2!1d-2.2178501!2d51.4935115

Vindicator

Facial Hair Optional

You are welcome Ian. Just turn left out of the Cross Hands car park and keep going, then you can't miss Combe!

Iancider

Chaps and chapesses

We may leave the Cross Hands a little later because the organisers have said it would be okay.  Do make sure you arrive before 9:00 because we will leave prompt at 9:15 whether you have arrived or not.  So if you want you FREE TICKET be there!

If you arrive early you will not be alone either.

Ian

baz-r

hi everyone i was looking to come to the show again this year in my haynes roadster.
i came with my other kitcar club last year apple county but it doesnt look like thay have booked a stand this year and i cant find any info on the ckc club pitch either.
would it be ok to squeeze on your pitch with the rest of the bristol crew if i can get to the ticket collection point early enough?

Facial Hair Optional

baz, I am certain it would be mate, we are a nice bunch!! I will PM you my moby number mate

Paul.latham

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome today with my yellow MK.
And a special thanks to Colin. Yep mine is yellow too.
I was pleased to find out that I was only 99db!