Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Corner weight clinic inc BBQ - Just £10 - 19th June

Started by 'The Gaffer', 18, April, 2010, 10:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Well done Colin :)

OK Payments are now due for this event. Please note we are commited now, weather regardless and will still have to pay.

People who showed an interest, only a few more to pay..

1.   G & Toniq
2.   MarlboroCar
3.   Dixie
4.   YellaBelly - Not attending
5.   dave_bence
6.   YZFMINI
7.   paintman
8.   Martin Higgs
9.   bulldog bri
10. Hairy Santa
11. alastair
12. Brian ACKCC
13. birkinboy ACKCC
14. Richard
15. David H
16. peetee
17. stupott901

Paid or paying

G & Toniq
YZFMINI
alastair
Dixie
Paintman
David H
stupott901
Brian ACKCC

People who promise to pay on the day or at the next meet. (I will only except this method from established
members sorry)

MarlboroCar
Hairy Santa
Bulldog Bri
Dave Bence

3 more welcome to come, first to pay is on the list.

PAYPAL Link for this event http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?action=pages;sa=11

Camber Dave

Hi Guys

I look forward to seeing you all next Saturday.
If the club wishes to hang a banner let me have it one evening or 8:30 Sat Morning. Can your club Marshal to come in before 9:00 on Sat

As you will be doing your own adjustments arrange the tools you will need - I have a spare camber gauge and I will have a Tracking Demonstration area to check your own cars.

For the security of our customers' cars we don't publish our address - Please don't post it on line
For the Postcode and directions Ring me on 07977 948883
Ken and Dave Bence have been here and will also pass on directions.

A few ground rules to observe please.

NO Dogs or Children.

Main cars to arrive after 9:00 and preferably in small groups during the day 

Enter the farm via the tarmac Service track marked by the concrete mushrooms NOT the farmhouse (domestic) entrance under the tree.

There are usually horses in the paddocks bordering the entrance track.
Please keep speed and Noise to a minimum.

Most of the other businesses are off at this weekend so we should have plenty of space. Welcome - I hope we can all have a good day

Dave.

YZFMINI

Im all fixed an back on the road and iv also fitted a new chain.. ;D

peetee

Hi Phil,

I've been holding off as my car has had an annoying electrical fault and not running! However, after many hours of head scratching and multi meter testing its going again!!!! I have a couple of timing issues for next Saturday though. The earliest I can get there will be around 12.00? Also, I may have an issue with my 13 year old son? Is the no children rule set in stone as I was thinking I may have to bring him with me? He could even be quite helpful, or as an option, just keep out of the way. If you could let  me know, I'll arrange the £10 payment straight to you via paypal. Thanks very much, Pete

'The Gaffer'

Good news on the car's Colin and Pete.

Unless he reads this beforehand, I will call Dave tommorrow and see what he means by children (I would like to think he just means screaming toddlers) I will also discuss the days timings. I would hope we can all eat together but the turning up at separate intervals seems a bit odd if there is plenty of space to park.

paintman

Are we all meeting up there or i suppose "you city boys" will come in a convoy?

Tony

Daley Down Under

Phil,

I'm an afternoon only attendee as well (with lots of kids ferrying about to do in the monring).  I'll be there by 1pm.  Hope that works for everone.

Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Ok, had a long chat with Dave at TD today.

Long and short of it is we can turn up when we like, small groups of 4 or so are better throughout the day into the afternonon as long waits are envisaged for some if we all turn up together in the morning.

I will be acting as marshall for the day and aim to get there before 9am. Cars will start to be worked on at about 9.15 - 9.30.

Because the workshop is on a farm enviroment, risks to wandering children and young adults are possible so its a no go, but heres the good news, those wilth children are welcome to come on another pre arranged day with the kids all as part of our package - so pre payment is still req.

BBQ will be on from late morning to late and is under cover. Bring a steak or two if you like. Refreshments are available all day.

You will need to bring enough tools to adjust camber (track rod nuts) and ride height etc. Tools will be available on site as well.

You should be able to make your own adjustments in an empty barn if it rains. Parking is outside though so bring wet weather gear or tarps etc to cover car.

There are some nice walks around the area while you are waiting to have your car looked at. With a possible run out to Stroud etc on nice roads.

There will be a few other things going on to entertain like a bump steer exibit, Dave will also be talking about the importance of a well set up car.

The aim of the day is for the club to spread the word on what TD do and how it can benefit your car.

All cars that show will be seen, even if the event goes into the evening.

Hope that covers everything - should be a great day.

Please let me know when you plan to attend.

paintman

Whats the exact location of the farm.....post code and address.    I can't remember seeing it on the forum.   I apologize in advance if I missed it. ::)

'The Gaffer'

No you didnt miss anything, I will PM the address to all that are coming during the week :)

YZFMINI

Me and Alastair will be there in the moring as were both off to see a mate in Cardiff in mid afternoon...

Does anyone know how much fuel is best to have in our tanks.

YZF

Camber Dave

Hi Guys

We normally set up cars with half a tank of fuel.

I will be weighing the cars with and without the driver for various reasons - indication of spring rates and effect of driver on weight distribution for instance.

I will set the corner weight without the driver for normal touring purposes as the the balance returns with two people on board. Leave your tools/jacks in if you prefer.
For 'hooligan' mode and track day use remove tools and spare wheel ect for track day balance. In this instance you may prefer to only have the minimum of fuel for your laps.
Bottom line - I'me an old race mechanic - the driver is always right. We give them the info to make an informed choice of settings.

Dave

'The Gaffer'

As mentioned, you can turn up when you like but first wave of cars to be seen will be...

(Times are not accurate at all so please allow a little extra time)

Early morning
1. YZFMINI
2. Alastair
3. Brian
4. Birkinboy ACKCC
5. HoE ACKCC

Put your name down for the next session (mid morning+). 4 - 5 people please.
6. Bulldog Bri
7. Dave Bence
8. G & Toniq
9. David H

Midday+
10. Paintman
11. Hairy Santa
12. stupott901
13. Dixie

Afternoon
14. MarlboroCar
15. peetee

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Payments are now due for this event. Please note we are commited now, weather regardless and will still have to pay.

People who showed an interest, only one more to pay..

1.   G & Toniq
2.   MarlboroCar
3.   Dixie
4.   YellaBelly - Not attending
5.   dave_bence
6.   YZFMINI
7.   paintman
8.   Martin Higgs
9.   bulldog bri
10. Hairy Santa
11. alastair
12. Brian ACKCC
13. birkinboy ACKCC
14. Richard
15. David H
16. peetee
17. stupott901

Paid or paying

G & Toniq
YZFMINI
alastair
Dixie
Paintman
David H
stupott901
Brian ACKCC

People who promise to pay on the day or at the next meet. (I will only except this method from established
members sorry)

MarlboroCar
Hairy Santa
Bulldog Bri
Dave Bence
Richard

2 more welcome to come, first to pay is on the list.

PAYPAL Link for this event http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?action=pages;sa=11

'The Gaffer'

Couple more spaces available on this one. Get your names down quick.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 16, June, 2010, 11:24:48 AM
Couple more spaces available on this one. Get your names down quick.

Can you put me down on the mid morning one please-
what time does the barby kick off  ? - : )  ;)
only thinking of my stomach as normal - he he

stupott901

hi there can you put me down for midday thanks stu

Dixie

please can you put me down for Midday?

thanks. Mark

'The Gaffer'

Event is now full. Clinic address will be PM'd to all very soon. Remember, you can turn up as early as you want.

BBQ will be fired up from from mid morning on.

(Times are not accurate at all so please allow a little extra time)

Early morning
1. YZFMINI
2. Alastair
3. Brian
4. Birkinboy ACKCC
5. HoE ACKCC

Mid morning+
6. Bulldog Bri
7. Dave Bence
8. G & Toniq
9. David H

Midday+
10. Paintman
11. Hairy Santa
12. stupott901
13. Dixie

Afternoon
14. MarlboroCar
15. peetee

See you all there.

Martin Higgs

Sorry guys but I am going to have to pull out of the corner weight clinic on Sat, I injured my back on sunday and was hoping it would be ok by the weekend but not healing very quick and theres no chance of getting in my car let alone driving. once agian sorry but may be a late runner can take my place. :( :( :(

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Martin Higgs on 17, June, 2010, 10:05:36 AM
Sorry guys but I am going to have to pull out of the corner weight clinic on Sat, I injured my back on sunday and was hoping it would be ok by the weekend but not healing very quick and theres no chance of getting in my car let alone driving. once agian sorry but may be a late runner can take my place. :( :( :(

No worries, we have a full house. Hope you get well soon.

'The Gaffer'

Everyone going to this event should now have a PM with the address :)

YellaBelly

Hope the weather stays good for the guys going to the corner weight clinic tomorrow. Still pi$$ed off about not being able to make it though  :(

I'll be putting the head back on the Disco tomorrow, had it pressure checked and skimmed. Injectors checked so lets hope this cures the damn thing!

Have fun tomorrow guys.

JB

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 18, June, 2010, 08:16:03 PM
Hope the weather stays good for the guys going to the corner weight clinic tomorrow. Still pi$$ed off about not being able to make it though  :(

I'll be putting the head back on the Disco tomorrow, had it pressure checked and skimmed. Injectors checked so lets hope this cures the damn thing!

Have fun tomorrow guys.

JB

Cheers mate, good luck with the Disco.

andygtm

Have a good day. Fingers crossed for the weather. Make sure you get weighed in before the barbie ;)

Bulldog Bri

What a great day, plenty of cars to see and lots to learn as well. Hope some of it stays in my head  ;D

Big thanks again to Dave for running the event for us all. And also to BBQist (sorry didn't get your name  :-[ )

I just added a new album with lots of pic from a very enjoyable day...

8)

Brian

:D Great day, thanks for organising it, I was not expecting such a thorough and informative session with so many of us in a day, Dave did a great job!

David H

agreed. very good indeed. learned loads and now my car drives properly.

andygtm

Good news. You will be able to go even quicker now. :o Sounds like another well-worth-while event to make the grins get even bigger;D 

dave_bence

Yep, that was a very enjoyable, interesting and informative day ;D

BIG thanks to all involved.

Dixie

So apart from weighing each corner, what else did they do??

Mark

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Dixie on 19, June, 2010, 10:04:38 PM
So apart from weighing each corner, what else did they do??

Mark

Weighed the car with driver and without for corner distribution
Camber check
Tracking
Ride height

'The Gaffer'

Big thanks to Dave at Track Developments for a great day, not to mention the refreshments and BBQ hosts.

I think it would be fair to say we all had a fantastic time and learn't alot about our cars.

As usual, some excellent company and camaraderie from all who attended.

I would be happy to recommmend TD to anyone looking to improve their cars handling :)

(Bri dont forget Caster and toe too ;))

Daley Down Under

Thanks to one and all for the Track Developments session (esp Phil for overall organisation).  Dave was a bit shot away by the time he got to the Marlboro Car (luckily there was nothing that needed adjusting apart from NSR toe in which can be done later).  Shame we couldn't all be there at the same time but it was good to meet lots of new faces.  Good album Bri - hope there's not too much to do on the Locost.

Hairy Santa

Great day, brill to meet old friends and a few new ones

Thanks to Dave for everything - he must of been knackered by the end of it-

I think everyone was well pleased to have their cars checked over by a pro and hope everyone can sort any minor faults

Dave and I Must remember to take a larger tool kit just for Dave H's car  ;)  ;)  ;) 

Great day Phil - thanks for organising it

Pete

PS I thought it was worth going just for the barby

peetee

Not sure what else I can add to all the positive comments, it was a really good day and I learnt a great deal.

My first BKCC meet, so it was great to meet everyone.

Big thanks to Dave for all his hard work. Even though I was next to last, he still spent a lot of time getting as much right as possible. Think I may well be going back when I've got it roughly right for a few final checks and tweaks??? Would highly recommend getting your cars down to TD for a session.

Well done to Phil for all the organisation, and to everyone else for helping out.

Now, where did I leave all the gear to sort everything out................

stupott901

Just like to say what a great day, and how good it was to eventually meet some of you guys and seeing your cars, and look forward to meeting up again.  hopefully next sunday

I will be going back to track developments to get my castor sorted out as they know what they are talking about

cheers phil for orgainising

stu

'The Gaffer'

As soon as the dust settles I will be sending an excel spreadsheet so that you can enter your resullts for future reference and for emailing to Dave at TD for when you need further work or have a question.

A couple more pics of the day.

A few turning up.

Let the adjustments begin.

How many kit car owners does it take to adjust a camber setting ;D

Undercover BBQ - Very tasty food.

A few more in line for weighing.

Thanks for the credit guys but some should go to our Krazy Ken for getting the ball rolling. Thanks Ken.

The event did go very smoothly though considering we had 15 cars to go through :) So credit to you all for paying up promtly, turning up on time, and ultimately enjoying the day. Another BKCC success :)

David H

A big thanks to my mechanics yesterday. We had a lovely broth on the go!! Cheers Dave for your precise and careful popping of my ball joints... you missed your calling.

alastair

Thanks for the corner weight session yesterday. It was very informative, even if some, well, most of the time the info went over my head.I learned alot yesterday.

Its also nice to go somewhere where the guy in charge knows exactly what they are doing. They used old school technology (wood and string) and the most modern peice of equipment there was a lazer so they could get a straight line. Really refreshing in this day and age where computers and technology appear to rule.

Very good day!!

Well done to all involved.

paintman

Nice day out.....once I found the farm!     A chance to put faces to the names!  Very informative, those guys no what they're talking about......well done the organizers!!

Tony