News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

West Bay Run 5th Sept

Started by Bulldog Bri, 26, August, 2010, 09:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

paintman

Raining in Frome and Shepton......Dixie and myself leaving it for a while before deciding on going or not.

Tony

Hairy Santa

Just spoken to Dixie - It is raining in shepton and frome at the moment, they are holding for an hour to see if it gets any better

'Mendip Wurzel'

I am holding awaiting Tony and Dixie decision. It is raining here at the moment. I can't have too much rain as it get into the carb via my exposed air filter.

Hairy Santa

Just checked forcast again (bridport ) raining up to at least 1 oclock

'Mendip Wurzel'

Just rang Mark (Dixie)... him and Tony in Frome are holding as it is still raining, I am also holding as raining here.

Hairy Santa

Has now stopped raining and we have a blue overcast sky in Bristol

Maybe a run down to Weston later on would be possible this afternoon

what do you think ?

Dixie

12.45pm, still pi**ing down in Shepton.  Going to call it a day and do something else.
Gunna take the wife and mother in law out to Cadbury garden centre to earn some brownie points.

I am going to put a link on the site about going to Gurston Down Hill Climb next Sunday (12th).  It is Shaftsbury side of Salisbury, near Fovant Badges.  I went last year, it was a great day.  There is access to the pits and drivers, plus a very nice canteen/resturant serving roast lunches etc.  Entrance fee is about £10.  Well worth it.

M

WALNUT

Foggy, Evolution, and myself went from pickup point, across to Churchill picked up Keven, then back to Hartleys for a late breckfast all in the dry untill we left, then it rained all the way home.

Tony

foggy

just got back nice drive round and breakie. Had my first spin out, 360 degrees all the way around! That will teach me not to accelerate out of a corner in these conditions, got away with it this time!

evolution

Not the best of runs back from Hartleys.  Still haven't had opportunity to explore if what was done has been successful.  LOTS OF POTHOLES :( Nice breakfast though 8)

evolution

[ Re: West Bay Run 5th Sept
« Reply #48 on: Today at 01:51:55 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just got back nice drive round and breakie. Had my first spin out, 360 degrees all the way around! That will teach me not to accelerate out of a corner in these conditions, got away with it this time!Hmmm, trying too hard methinks ;D Should have followed you we could have had a waltz :D

'The Gaffer'

I'm pleased you guys found a venue and that the weather was tolerable :)

I thought I read somewhere that Hartleys was closing down?

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: foggy on 05, September, 2010, 01:51:55 PM
just got back nice drive round and breakie. Had my first spin out, 360 degrees all the way around! That will teach me not to accelerate out of a corner in these conditions, got away with it this time!

Foggy .... And we spoke about spin outs in the wet over breakfast. Thank goodness you are okay. 

criddy

Was in bridport in my Tintop as still building kit car so headed over but didn't see any sing of kit cars (now know why). As said previously if you want I can arrange something at the pub in Bridport. Its a large car park and beer garden. It's my partners parents pub, if anyone interested let me know. Be good to meet some of you and see the cars you drive. My build is still progressing but not as fast as I hoped it would be

Cob68

Hi All, I was going to come along on Sunday but what with the rain and a hangover decided against it. Meet up soon, I am going away on Saturday so not around for hill climb either.

foggy

Must have missed the conversations about spin outs (having a fag out the back). Coming from the suspension bridge towards the downs, bit of a staggered junction - bridge valley rd which is shut-straight across,up a slight hill with a right hand bend-thats where it all happened, felt the back go,tried to accelerate out of it,but went all the way round.Don't want that to happen again! Had to stop and get out, for a smoke!