News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Stuart Taylor Locoblade Spare Wheels and diff ratio

Started by tony.g, 01, November, 2010, 10:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony.g

I am looking at getting a spare set of wheels and tyres,at the moment it has got 6jx13 minilite style and there is not much clearance on the front wing struts.can anyone let me know what size and offset works well.
Also my car has a 3.54 diff in a live axle,I only use it on track so what ratio is best.
Cheers
Tony

David H

I have some 6j x 13 RS alloys with black centres and aluminium rims for sale with slicks. the wheels are fine but need a revamp for shows but fine for track. I have 2 sets of slicks for sale. I also have a set of wet racing Dunlops for sale with lots of tread. £135 for the wheels and wet race tyres and 1 set of slicks.

Bargain or wot?

I use 3.9 or 4.1 ratio for a .87 fifth gear.

'The Gaffer'

I used a 3.62 in my Blade, seemed good for road and track.

tony.g

Thanks for the replys chaps.
I think i need to get it on track and see what i think of it,at the moment it hasn't got a lsd so i will be looking for a diff soon.

Thanks for the very generous offer Dave, i was really looking at getting some road tyres that worked well on track in the wet, and will be used for towing it to the track on an A frame, as i havent got a trailer yet.
If you were round the corner i would definately take you up on it but it's a 250 mile round trip.
Tony